GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

Does the Mercedes GLA Hit the Mark?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 12:32 PM
IB Staff

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Does the Mercedes GLA Hit the Mark?

New Mercedes GLA crossover’s youthful appeal is a hit, according to analysts.

Read the rest on the MBWorld homepage. >>
Old 05-17-2017, 05:14 PM

Received 139 Likes on 124 Posts
2015 ML350, 2021 BMW X3, 1991 190E
Infiniti Q30 vs GLA

I like the Infiniti 30 better, it has the same engine as trans as the Mercedes but nicer interior
Old 02-18-2018, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA250 4Matic
I personally love the looks/design of the GLA 250! I do not care as much for the Infiniti or Lexus crossover body styles.

I'm a new owner though so I'll need some time before I comment on performance.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:01 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
na
I drove 2018 GLA180 AMG Line (Australia) as a loan car while my C250 was serviced, and really enjoyed driving it!
Engine was quote loud in a sporty way and I could feel the vibration, very easy to maneuver. Wish my C250 had that loud engine noise.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 GLA 250
It hits the mark with older downsizing retirees as well. We have similar 2018's in MA and FL.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E500
My AudiA3 S-Line lease is up January 2nd, I'm looking at a few used GLA 250's, wondered about how everyone likes them. The Audi is too low for an old guy like me, and being in Western mass im liking AWD. I've owned two other Benz's an E500 2004 and before that a M Class SUV. Gave the E500 to my daughter, it now has 165,000 and still running strong, just the occasional minor stuff... did replace the front air shocks though.

Anyway, I see there's both a regular trim and an AMG trim package. Haven't dug in enough yet to know what that means. My M Class SUV had AMG wheels and exhaust tips, don't remember what else. Looking for a car the is CPO, wantbthat extra warranty, looking at 2015 & 2016 models. Any feedback is appreciated.

Mike
Old 12-04-2018, 07:31 AM

2018 GLA 250
Hey Mike, the Audi A3 is a very nice vehicle (have had as an extended loaner), but being older myself and having a TTS I agree that lowness is becoming a factor.

My wife has an '18 GLA 250 AWD which I often get to drive. I like it so much that I may trade in my TTS and buy it when the lease is up in about a year. I'm in eastern MA so similarly appreciate the AWD in Winter. The similar 250 we have in FL is FWD which is plenty for there. So obviously we're impressed with the GLA! Just the right size, performance, technology, luxury, reliability and safety for we now-downsized retirees with young grandchildren (even tho' marketed at younger folk as an "entry level" MB).

The GLA 45 AMG is a full AMG, not just trim. Ludicrous power that I would love (most HP of any US marketed 4-banger), but really can't justify at this point.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E500
Originally Posted by Huey52
Hey Mike, the Audi A3 is a very nice vehicle (have had as an extended loaner), but being older myself and having a TTS I agree that lowness is becoming a factor.

My wife has an '18 GLA 250 AWD which I often get to drive. I like it so much that I may trade in my TTS and buy it when the lease is up in about a year. I'm in eastern MA so similarly appreciate the AWD in Winter. The similar 250 we have in FL is FWD which is plenty for there. So obviously we're impressed with the GLA! Just the right size, performance, technology, luxury, reliability and safety for we now-downsized retirees with young grandchildren (even tho' marketed at younger folk as an "entry level" MB).

The GLA 45 AMG is a full AMG, not just trim. Ludicrous power that I would love (most HP of any US marketed 4-banger), but really can't justify at this point.
LOL... I put up with my '69 Camaro's lowness, but that's my fair weather bucket list car... with a built 454 and 4-speed it gives me all the thrills I need.

I do like the Audi especially with the S-Line suspension and brakes... and my wife hates it because she claims the brakes are too jumpy (huge rotors). And she's not a fan of the low-slung seating either. So I figured the GLA AWD would be a nice fit since it's a smaller sort of quasi SUV/Crossover. Flagship Mercedes over in your end of the state has two with AMG trim, but I got the impression it wasn't an all-out AMG package. Unfortunately both the silver and charcoal ones have an ash interior, and since we dog sit three days a week for my daughter... I'm hoping to find one with a black interio or think about a doggie seat cover for the rear lol.

Last edited by CamaroMike; 12-04-2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLA 250
I say it does hit the mark. Its versatile, its my to and from work car and its so much fun. It might not be the most powerful of the bunch, but in stop and go traffic, some highway, and waiting for texters to look up and see the light has changed to green, its such a good car. I fill the tank with less than $25.00 (Texas), I can pass slow accelerating cars, I can stop very quickly, and I can U-Turn like a champ.
Parking in the city is awesome, I can get in and out of any spot. So since these are my needs, I feel this car is perfect for the single commuter for every day use.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:15 AM

2018 GLA 250
That certainly is a sweeeeett Camaro. Obviously you have no need for a 45 AMG

Originally Posted by CamaroMike
LOL... I put up with my '69 Camaro's lowness, but that's my fair weather bucket list car... with a built 454 and 4-speed it gives me all the thrills I need.

I do like the Audi especially with the S-Line suspension and brakes... and my wife hates it because she claims the brakes are too jumpy (huge rotors). And she's not a fan of the low-slung seating either. So I figured the GLA AWD would be a nice fit since it's a smaller sort of quasi SUV/Crossover. Flagship Mercedes over in your end of the state has two with AMG trim, but I got the impression it wasn't an all-out AMG package. Unfortunately both the silver and charcoal ones have an ash interior, and since we dog sit three days a week for my daughter... I'm hoping to find one with a black interio or think about a doggie seat cover for the rear lol.