Blow off valve - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
GLA Class (X156) The GLA will makes its public debut at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show in September

Blow off valve

Old 02-10-2019, 12:38 PM

2015 GLA45 AMG
Blow off valve

Been reading about installing a blow off valve because the stock design uses a blank plate and not releasing the pressure is bad on the turbo.

1.why would an oem hand build an engine that is designed for failure according to how others view the blank plate?
2. is a blow off valve going to increase the life of the turbo , stock or with minor mods,etc. piggy back tune..
3.if a blow off valve is suggested, what brands are the best bang for money?

hoping to hear some thoughts.looking to lightly mod my 2015 with piggy back tune..

Thanks yall
Old 02-10-2019, 02:25 PM

2018 GLA 250
Typically either a recycle system (not actually blanked off) or blowoff type design scheme. Some people like the sound of a blowoff, some don't.

Originally Posted by Kulle View Post
Been reading about installing a blow off valve because the stock design uses a blank plate and not releasing the pressure is bad on the turbo.

1.why would an oem hand build an engine that is designed for failure according to how others view the blank plate?
2. is a blow off valve going to increase the life of the turbo , stock or with minor mods,etc. piggy back tune..
3.if a blow off valve is suggested, what brands are the best bang for money?

hoping to hear some thoughts.looking to lightly mod my 2015 with piggy back tune..

Thanks yall
Old 02-10-2019, 02:54 PM

2015 GLA45 AMG
yeah i get its either recirculated or blow off style. aside from the sound, i guess i am asking who can confirm the 2015 gla is blanked or recirculated. if truly blanked off, is the turbo getting compressor surge, hence people saying to get a bov