GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

"DO NOT SHIFT GEARS"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 10:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLB35 AMG 2021
"DO NOT SHIFT GEARS"

I have a 5 month old 2021 GLB35 AMG. the other day, when it was about 40 degrees outside, I backed out of the garage, put the little red doll into drive and the car just stopped. All lights and screens still on, as when I just turn off the car. However, a message appeared in the center of the dash, saying "Service required. Do not shift gears. visit dealership." It would not start again.
After about an hour, I returned, the car cranked and no problems since then. The dealership said they had never heard of such an issue, another forum suggested a low voltage issue.
First question: is there a way to check battery voltage on one of my many screens?
second question: any suggestions? I would not to be stranded somewhere strange and far away without a clue as to what is the issue.
Adding to the mystery, a few days later, I stopped the car for about 10 minutes in a parking lot. When I pushed the START button, the message said that my key was not nearby. I took the key out of my purse, held it closer to the ignition location, and it started. Note that I had not exited the car, not had I taken the key outside the car. Husband suggested that my FOB might be low on battery. Again this car is 5 months old.
Old 11-12-2022, 04:07 PM

GLB35 AMG 2021
got it again

It has now been almost a year and I got the message again on my front screen. it says Service Required Do Not Shift Gears. Visit Dealer. when I clicked on the little "i" the message on middle screen says Transmission Malfunction
Do not change the transmission position Consult workshop. I had just pulled out of the garage, put it in park to check something and then it didn't go into Drive immediately but paused. I then put it back in park, put it in reverse and everything worked.
Any ideas? The last time I took it in to the dealership, they could find absolutely nothing on their diagnostics. I had forgotten to take a picture, but this time, aha!
7000 miles on the little car.

Old 11-12-2022, 05:45 PM

Received 163 Likes on 122 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
It was same with me. The error came second time around 7,500 miles / 11 months as I posted on 2 previous posts. MB service updated the transmission control software to correct P07E600 error in June and so far it is good.

https://mbworld.org/forums/glb-class...ift-gears.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/glb-class...ate-glb35.html

Has MB updated your transmission software? If not, you need to go MB service and ask for a transmission control software update.

Also if you have a wireless charger option, software for that was updated last week on my GLB35.

Last edited by Serhan; 11-12-2022 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2022, 05:50 PM

GLB35 AMG 2021
tried this before, too

I think I asked for the transmission update the last time and they looked at me like I was crazy. Did you have your car towed? I drove mine to the dealer last time.
Originally Posted by Serhan
It was same with me. The error came second time around 7,500 miles / 11 months as I posted on your other tread: MB service updated the transmission control software to correct P07E600 error in June and so far it is good. You need to go and ask for a transmission control software update. Also if you have a wireless charger option, software for that was updated last week on my GLB35.

https://mbworld.org/forums/glb-class...ift-gears.html

Old 11-12-2022, 06:10 PM

No. When it first happened, MB help phone number told me to tow the car since it is transmission error. At that time I was already driving to the dealer from work. Second time, I know it was not transmission so I made an appointment. It is parking e-brake error. It happened to me twice at work at the end of the day when I was backing from parking.

Originally Posted by Lindagail
I think I asked for the transmission update the last time and they looked at me like I was crazy. Did you have your car towed? I drove mine to the dealer last time.
Old 11-14-2022, 12:11 PM

GLB35 AMG 2021
Unhappy Nightmarish

Originally Posted by Serhan
No. When it first happened, MB help phone number told me to tow the car since it is transmission error. At that time I was already driving to the dealer from work. Second time, I know it was not transmission so I made an appointment. It is parking e-brake error. It happened to me twice at work at the end of the day when I was backing from parking.
I tried to call MB service, was on hold over an hour, was hung up on thrice, even by customer care.
waiting for truck to come deliver my little red baby to the dealer. I’ll see if they think I’m crazy this time since I had pics of the messages.
Old 11-14-2022, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lindagail
I tried to call MB service, was on hold over an hour, was hung up on thrice, even by customer care.
waiting for truck to come deliver my little red baby to the dealer. I’ll see if they think I’m crazy this time since I had pics of the messages.
First dealer that I went told me that my car my would stay there for a few weeks until they look at it and she told me to go the dealer that I bought the car from. They were not giving any loaners either. So I made an appointment with the dealer where I bought the car... Some of the dealers are not very nice and MB cannot do anything as they are independent franchises... I took the pictures both times to show it to the MB service. For my whistling problem above 75mph, they have not done anything, since they cannot replicate it with the speed limits plus the Northern winds...

You can also show the software update version from the other post that Tommyngo posted:
https://mbworld.org/forums/glb-class...ate-glb35.html
Old 11-22-2022, 04:30 PM

GLB35 AMG 2021
Well, gosh and golly gee whiz! The dealer kept my car for about a week, found the error that Serhan mentioned! They updated my software and the code disappeared. "sometimes California gets those updates before we do in Alabama." Slow internet I guess. I hope this is the end of this issue, and thanks to Serhan for helping me, knowing I wasn't crazy!