Engine and Transmission Software update for GLB35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 10:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLB 35
Question Engine and Transmission Software update for GLB35

Supp all!
Recently, I have a friend who experienced a faulty GLB 35's transmission. As he told me that, his GLB had a really clumsy and hard shift from 2nd gear to 1st gear, he also got a message in dashboard said the transmission malfunctioning. He brought it up to his dealer and found out that his 'Actuator Park Pawl' is defective and needs to be replaced.

While they are placing an order for a new component, they also updated his transmission and engine software - version said to be "2022.03.000" which I think was recently published.

In the meantime of placing an order, they allowed him to get back and drive his GLB daily until the new Park Pawl was delivered. He took his car for a road trip around 400km long and told me that his car feels really smooth in changing gears like driving a CVT even in a crowded street.
My GLB35 has never experienced that smoothness like this before, it is quite clumsy in traffic as I describe it as a characteristic of DCT. The newest version is "2022.03.000" sounds like it was published in March 2022. I already went through a Service A in April 2022 but never heard about the new update for transmission. I contacted my dealer to bring my GLB this Saturday for an update.
Does anyone in this community already update their Transmission software? Please give it a thought.
The following users liked this post:
MnewB22 (07-13-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 11:17 PM

Received 163 Likes on 122 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
My GLB35 had "Do not shift gears" error when I bought the car a year ago and repapered last month, so I went to the dealer for that. Service updated the software for the transmission control unit as posted below:

https://mbworld.org/forums/glb-class...ml#post8580540

Old 07-13-2022, 04:26 AM

GLB 35
Originally Posted by Serhan
My GLB35 had "Do not shift gears" error when I bought the car a year ago and repapered last month, so I went to the dealer for that. Service updated the software for the transmission control unit as posted below:

https://mbworld.org/forums/glb-class...ml#post8580540

Anychance you know the software version?
Old 07-13-2022, 06:54 AM

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts
2021 Mercedes GLB250 4Matic
I got a 2022 glb250 loaner from the dealer yesterday and noticed right away how smooth the transmission is.
Old 07-13-2022, 08:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLB35 AMG 2021
Wow! That would be so cool. I, too, have thought shifting was strangely awkward. First year service is in two weeks and I will request software update. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2022, 09:31 AM

No, I don't have the software version. I posted what they provided in the service report. I didn't notice any transmission change, eg very smooth in accelerating, but sluggish like a manual shift in stop and go traffic. However. parking release lock up is gone in dry weather...

Originally Posted by Tommyngo
Anychance you know the software version?
I asked why the software version updates were not done with over-the-air vehicle updates which is only good for map updates so far... He said that they had to search for it and update in the service. MB over-the-air vehicle updates are not at the Tesla level yet...

Old 07-14-2022, 12:01 AM

GLB 35
No, I don't have the software version. I posted what they provided in the service report. I didn't notice any transmission change, eg very smooth in accelerating, but sluggish like a manual shift in stop and go traffic. However. parking release lock up is gone in dry weather...

I asked why the software version updates were not done with over-the-air vehicle updates which is only good for map updates so far... He said that they had to search for it and update in the service. MB over-the-air vehicle updates are not at the Tesla level yet...
As far as I know, Transmission and engine update firmware is a large sum of files, unlike entertainment MBUX system update which will be downloaded OTA. I brought my GLB to the dealer today, and they said update can take up a day for a slow internet connection.
I give a review to everyone once the update was done. Really excited!
Old 07-14-2022, 06:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLB35 AMG 2021
If you are able to get specifics on the update, I would appreciate it. When I took my car in after the “don’t shift gears” message, I was told they found nothing and that they weren’t allowed to look at forums for their info.
Old 07-14-2022, 07:08 AM

GLB 35
Originally Posted by Lindagail
If you are able to get specifics on the update, I would appreciate it. When I took my car in after the “don’t shift gears” message, I was told they found nothing and that they weren’t allowed to look at forums for their info.
Ask them to give you the xentry test report you can see right away which parts was faulty. Here is the detail of the update:

On my way driving home, it is noticeable smoother in changing gears. I will try out on a longer trip.
In my report, there is something else said frequency counter "downtime of drivetrain" has a malfunction. There is a general signal. The dealer said it is a normal code nothign affecting the engine so they just wipe the code out. Im loooking up on the internet but havent found anything about that. So I assumed it is just normal like what they said.

Old 07-14-2022, 09:14 AM

I showed and texted the photo of the errors on my phone to the dealer service, since the error was erased from the car. When they run the diagnostics, the service found the error. You have to tell them there is a transmission software update to correct the problem. I have not seen a detailed repots like Tommyngo posted from the dealerships in NY/NJ area. When the car had the error first time, I went to 3 dealerships. First one told me to go where I bought the car. That is the location where I serviced my GLK previously. The second one told me to leave the car thru the weekend to check the transmission after they run the diagnostics and found the error. They didn't give my a loaner car, so I went to the dealer service center where I bought the car from. The service created the case that was updated with the transmission software as I posted. You have to insist to check the transmission software when you go for a service.

Originally Posted by Lindagail
Old 07-14-2022, 11:07 AM

GLB 35
I showed and texted the photo of the errors on my phone to the dealer service, since the error was erased from the car. When they run the diagnostics, the service found the error. You have to tell them there is a transmission software update to correct the problem. I have not seen a detailed repots like Tommyngo posted from the dealerships in NY/NJ area. When the car had the error first time, I went to 3 dealerships. First one told me to go where I bought the car. That is the location where I serviced my GLK previously. The second one told me to leave the car thru the weekend to check the transmission after they run the diagnostics and found the error. They didn't give my a loaner car, so I went to the dealer service center where I bought the car from. The service created the case that was updated with the transmission software as I posted. You have to insist to check the transmission software when you go for a service.
I had no ideas about the update until the incidence of my friend. So I ran out and ask them to do the updatd for me. Ever since, everytime go to service I requeted them to make a photocopy of a report so I can fully read them.
But, my car runs perfectly now. No more clumsy DCT. Especially Vietnam is a crowded country, this eases my mind alot. I recommed everyone to get an update if possible.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:23 AM

I remember MB sent letters to go to a dealer and update GLK350 software, but I have not seen that with GLB. My GLB transmission error was an open case that was not fixed initially a year ago and they should have let customers know when the software update was released in March... I had a repeat error last month, so the service found the transmission update...

Originally Posted by Tommyngo
I had no ideas about the update until the incidence of my friend. So I ran out and ask them to do the updatd for me. Ever since, everytime go to service I requeted them to make a photocopy of a report so I can fully read them.
But, my car runs perfectly now. No more clumsy DCT. Especially Vietnam is a crowded country, this eases my mind alot. I recommed everyone to get an update if possible.