Quality of a new GLB 250- Fit and Finish Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2023, 12:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,866 Likes on 3,041 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by ILoveNY
I see this kind of sealer on my GLS as well...
Every car built in the past 25 years has this sealer, or its nearest equivalent. I have it everywhere on my Cayenne, my wife has it on her BMW.
Old 09-04-2023, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 416 Likes on 342 Posts
2023 GLA250 FWD
Originally Posted by wongck999888
Have a BMW and decided to try out Mercs.
the buttons are more flimsy, driver and front passenger seats thigh support are popping out and many more issues.
Disappointing car
Never the twain shall meet - quoting someone.
BMW vs Mercedes. GM vs Ford. Toyota vs VW. Some will like one, some will like the other.
We like ours. BTW-The seats in our GLB are identical to the seats in our grandson’s BMW 335i cabriolet.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB250
Originally Posted by BENZ BOSS DP
I bought a new GLB 250 (2022) 4 Matic and a fully loaded car for about 60K USD. This is my first Mercedes experience and was so thrilled to get this car. All the excitement stopped when I received the car and noticed some shocking fit, finish and quality problems that I never encountered in other cars I owned. This is a disappointing experience my family and I had for what is a beautiful car. Major misalignments in the A pillar on both driver and passenger, major mental welding issues at all door corner and trunk corner, front hatch not fit and wobbles even when closed, windows shatter when music is played, excessive wind and road noise to make it a very uncomfortable ride, engine hissing sound when acceleration is performed, rattles across the windshield and back seat windows when driving and list goes on!

Does anyone face the same issues?

funny I don’t have the issues that you have. Just traded my 2016 RX with 105k mileages for the 2021 glb250 Amg package with the 20inch rim. Got it for $31k and 13k mileage. The size and all fits all my need for a daily commute. Plus want to try a Benz. Was thinking x3 but don’t have the specs I want. Anyway, the fit and comfort is not near my Rx but it wasn’t that bad. Fuel Econ, props speed for a 4banger, and city street parking was better and handling too then my Rx. I have the sport seats which is harder and I personally like those seats. So far everything is great under warranty ends later to see if I want to keep. Maybe you had the bad copy ? I did tried a glc and it’s finish and fit is better then glb but goes with the price too.