GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

MBUX/Mercedes Me Connect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2023, 10:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
21 GLB35 07 E550 Sport
MBUX/Mercedes Me Connect

I have had issues with my MBUX search for several months and have been working with my local dealer to get it fixed. 2021 GLB, it does have a Hermes unit and UL data subscription.

Requests to Hey Mercedes asking for nearby POIs have resulted in the service can't fulfill the request, words to that effect. it's a bug, I have more to offer than MB "is working on it".

My temporary workaround is to make a request similar to find a POI (gas station, grocery store, hotel, etc.) in the state or city/state that I am in or near, and MBUX returns results in my area - as in "Find a gas station in Washington" or "Find a gas station in Portland Oregon", with the latter request working in WA while driving to OR.

The end solution? My Service Advisor texted me a few days ago to inform me that MB will be pushing an OTA update in the near future that will include Google POIs and Google POI search "in the coming weeks". The Google Cloud '23 sessions just wrapped, hoping the MBUX mods happen soon. Copied text from my Advisor's message, names removed:

Good afternoon, XXXXX received a message from Mercedes about your situation...here is what they said..."Hey XXXX, I'm being told this should get resolved when the Google-based POI search is activated in the coming weeks. This should resolve the customer's concern and they will not have to return to the workshop for this fix. It will be pushed via OTA. I will make an announcement on the PC Tech Topics webcast when we get a confirmed date for introduction." --XXX (MB Rep).
Old 09-04-2023, 09:26 AM

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts
2021 Mercedes GLB250 4Matic
MB posted an article yesterday regarding over the air MBUX1 update (2.4) that will roll out in September and affect 700,000 vehicles.
The following users liked this post:
benz_driver (09-04-2023)
Old 09-04-2023, 09:16 PM

21 GLB35 07 E550 Sport
Thanks for the heads up.

I found the PR, clear as mud… /s

https://media.mbusa.com/releases/ove...benz-customers

Lists "first-generation MBUX", "select models with the second generation of MBUX1", "first-generation MBUX2"… Thankfully has a features list at the end of the PR. So, we get a Google POI database grafted on to NTG 6 head units.

Available U.S. features:
  • Dolby Atmos supported by Apple Music: S-Class, EQE and EQS models equipped with Burmester® Sound System and activated Entertainment Package Plus
  • YouTube Web App: 2024 S-Class, EQE, EQS models equipped with activated Entertainment Package Plus
  • NewsFlash: Markets: Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, UK, (USA-coming soon)
  • In-cabin sound for front passenger display: EQE and EQS models equipped with MBUX Hyperscreen
  • Personal Decorative Image: EQE and EQS models equipped with MBUX Hyperscreen and active Mercedes me connect app
  • Place Details, provided by Google: NTG6 vehicles equipped with Mercedes-Benz Navigation. (Feature already active on NTG7 vehicles equipped with Mercedes-Benz Navigation)

Last edited by benz_driver; 09-04-2023 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Found the PR
Old 09-11-2023, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 GLB 250
I had a similar issue. I was not able to get any online results when I used voice search (either "Hey, Mercedes or voice command button).
so, I went to my local dealer and have them check it out. Not sure if they updated the latest MBUX software, but the voice command issue has been resolved and I also can see the google icon when I search any POIs (Search by keyboard).
BHH1103 (11-28-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 08:28 PM

21 GLB35 07 E550 Sport
I never knew what the underlying issue was, and had been coordinating with my Service Advisor and Tech. For some reason the MBUX was seeking permission for my phone's location (an iPhone, but this shouldn't matter), I'd submitted videos of the interchange to MB. My Advisor sent me a text a couple of weeks ago about the update coming this month. The new Google service is part of the newly updated Google Cloud, there was a major tech powwow two weeks ago, cloud-based POIs and metadata are part of the Cloud and several vehicle manufacturers will be connected to that data in real time.

IMO MB simply pushed a few new lines of code for our units to gain access to Google's Cloud, at least it works now…
Old 09-12-2023, 08:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLB250
Got an Over the Air Vehicle update message in the App today for the communication module. What normally is included on those updates? The previous one for my GLB was in January.
Old 09-12-2023, 05:24 PM

21 GLB35 07 E550 Sport
Originally Posted by embeleco
Got an Over the Air Vehicle update message in the App today for the communication module. What normally is included on those updates? The previous one for my GLB was in January.
One was pushed to my GLB but failed to install in early August (8/5/23, a COMM update IIRC), I got a notification in my app of the failure. The vehicle did get the January update as well.

I had the HERMES control unit update installed at the dealer along with the patch for the wireless charger on 8/19.
Old 09-12-2023, 09:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLB250
Mine completed successfully today...
Old 05-28-2024, 10:12 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2024 GLC-300 & 2022 GLE-350
Originally Posted by embeleco

While looking for info on a 2024 "Communications Module" update that just came through for my 2024 GLC300, I came across info on the 2023 update that may be useful to members who were seeking info on this 2023 update.

Here: MC-10241527-0001.pdf (nhtsa.gov)

Serhan (05-28-2024)