GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC Order Waiting Room

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 04:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 Genesis Coupe
Originally Posted by decorily
The button may even be in the glove box etc in the car....just a matter of popping in to the key hole.
That's what she said

Originally Posted by SawyerB
Congratulations, it looks great. I think the running boards give it an aggressive look. I too was back and forth on running boards. My car is on the same ship as tedy_jane and too awaiting the Long Beach arrival. Dieseldoc is spot on with the keyless start and too bad your salesman wasn't a better help to show you the exact details of the AMG package you ordered because it does differ from the grill of the 43s, but your car looks amazing. Hope the process goes smooth from here and you're driving it soon.
Yeah, I do like how the running boards look visually, but I did notice them hitting me right in the lower calf getting in and out. I guess it's just a matter of changing how I exit the car. Should be no big deal.

As far as the grill goes, I can always buy the aftermarket grill from China and see if that works. They're about $440 it seems. Going to try and get my dealer to install it for me as well just like someone else on this forum! Much like the 20" wheels, I think the grill makes a big difference visually
Old 07-19-2017, 10:21 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by mtberman
No word from the stealership yet. I have this afternoon off work and plan to stop by personally for an update.

Unfortunately my dealer was acquired last year by the Sonic Automotive chain. Sonic's customer contact system seems to involve their employees entering fictitious contact dates and times instead of actually emailing or calling you. I've been through this nonsense before with another Sonic dealer, and so this latest experience with them is not a surprise to me personally.

Regardless, it's annoying. Apparently my car's delivery status is a State Secret that can't be discussed on an unsecure channel LOL.
Stopping by in person for an update always seems to get quicker responses!
Never heard of Sonic Automotive, but the GM shouldn't put up with that foolishness.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC43
Vaboy were you able to get your car repaired? I hope it works out perfect for you. I am just sitting here watching Meridian Ace crawl to Long Beach.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by ted_jane
I have been watching the land based AIS for over a day now. Turns out that the vessel's owner did know something about why their schedule was 2 days behind marinetraffic.com's ETA. What they know was the Meridian ACE would be slowly crawling up the coast of Central America at 13-14 knots, the ship must be dragging its anchor. It has have picked up speed in the last few hours to 18 knots, which apparently is the high average cruising speed for this type of vessel. So much for being an Auto Carrier EXPRESS.

BTW, how's the new car? Was the ding an easy repair?
Keep us posted. Hopefully it will breeze right through the VPC if your ship ever comes in!

The ding repair looked pretty good. It was near a crease right where the quarterpanel meets the lift gate. The ding came out pretty good but left a little depression right at the crease. Sales Mgr said the PDR guy said if he tried to do any more it might crack the paint. That would be bad. So we called it good enough. You'd never notice if you didn't know it was there.

Only had time to drive it home tonight. We'll probably go out tomorrow and check a few things out. Just wish I could have driven around Europe for a few weeks like some folks here!! Lol

First impression.....it's awesome!
Old 07-19-2017, 10:53 PM

Vaboy were you able to get your car repaired? I hope it works out perfect for you. I am just sitting here watching Meridian Ace crawl to Long Beach.
Wow! How about that timing! You'll see I just answered Tedjane above. Thanks for asking.

All I can say is, it's worth the wait!!
Old 07-19-2017, 11:05 PM

GLC43
Glad to hear its home tonight and that there was no noticeable damage. Enjoy your new ride!
The following users liked this post:
Vaboy (07-19-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 12:15 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by Vaboy
Keep us posted. Hopefully it will breeze right through the VPC if your ship ever comes in!

The ding repair looked pretty good. It was near a crease right where the quarterpanel meets the lift gate. The ding came out pretty good but left a little depression right at the crease. Sales Mgr said the PDR guy said if he tried to do any more it might crack the paint. That would be bad. So we called it good enough. You'd never notice if you didn't know it was there.

Only had time to drive it home tonight. We'll probably go out tomorrow and check a few things out. Just wish I could have driven around Europe for a few weeks like some folks here!! Lol

First impression.....it's awesome!
Glad the repair went well and the first impression is awesome. First impressions are important.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:11 PM

Hurray, My car is finally on U.S. soil, or soon will be. The ship docked in Long Beach at 5:42am today. And, according to the shipper (IFF) the car has already been released by customs. Actual the Freight Forwarder's web site shows it was released yesterday, while the ship was still at sea. The DHS paper work shows it marked for immediate deliver, so may be some cars get processed by customs without any visual inspection. The paper work also shows an estimated value of $52,045 and a Duty fee of $1301, which is less then MSRP, but more than I paid for the car. Does that mean if they accidentally drove the car off the pier I would make a profit on it?
Sorry if no one is interested in these details, but I find the process interesting.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:25 PM

GLC43
Thanks Ted_Jane, I too find the process interesting. How did you find out it was released and where can you see the DHS paper work? Getting close now.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:53 PM

Thanks Ted_Jane, I too find the process interesting. How did you find out it was released and where can you see the DHS paper work? Getting close now.
Because it is a European Delivery I dropped the car off at the MB authorized car shipper in Germany. The shipper's (BLG Logistics) web sight and their agents (International Freight Forwarders) provide tracking info, sort of like UPS and FedEx. The information is very detailed, including invoices and DHS/Custom docs.

I don't know if the same information is accessible for custom orders where MB manages the whole shipping process.
SawyerB (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 10:15 PM

Hurray, My car is finally on U.S. soil, or soon will be. The ship docked in Long Beach at 5:42am today.
Sorry if no one is interested in these details, but I find the process interesting.
Glad to hear it finally showed up! Sounds like it's on a fast track to get to your dealer. And anyone who is just a little **** about things or a little OCD finds the details interesting. It's fun to track your car as it makes its way to you from Germany. Just sitting around waiting on the dealer to call to tell you "it's here" would be extremely boring!

I hope you're enjoying it soon.
ted_jane (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 10:54 PM

I think your experience will be a little different than tedjane's since her's was a European Delivery car.

Just stay in touch with your dealer and stay on top of the current status that they can check in their Netstar system. Other than following it on the ship, once it docks the shipping codes below will give you the best idea of where it is in the system.

MB Production/shipping codes

A4 FINAL SUPPLIER ORDER/SCHEDULED NOT PRODUCED
B0 19 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B1 13 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B3 NO CHANGES POSSIBLE
B4 2 DAYS TO COMPLETION
B5 PRODUCTION COMPLETE
B7 AT PORT/READY TO BE SHIPPED
B8 ASSIGNED TO SHIP
C1 SHIP DEPARTED
C2 SHIP NOTIFICATION/ON WQTER
CS SUMITTED TO CUSTOMS
C3 CLEARED CUSTOMS
C4 AT PORT
D1 VPC RECEIVED
D2 SURVEYED AT VPC
D3 POTENTIAL DELAY
D4 READY TO DELIVER
D5 RELEASED TO CARRIER
D9 WHOLESALE/CONSIGNMENT PENDING
F1 WHOLESALED AND INVOICED
I1 RETAIL

I was not aware of any DHS stuff going on....maybe that's EDP specific?

I was able to tell it cleared Customs, then VPC Received, etc until it got Released to Carrier. Then it showed up at the dealer a few days later.

BTW, Netstar seems to add a "0" to the above codes, so D10 at the dealer is the same as D1 above.
SawyerB (07-21-2017)
Old 07-21-2017, 12:03 AM

I was not aware of any DHS stuff going on....maybe that's EDP specific?
Customs is a part of DHS, the documents have a heading that states:

Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Customs and Border Protection

BTW, with this post I move from a Junior Member on this board, to a full Member
Old 07-21-2017, 12:48 AM

Customs is a part of DHS, the documents have a heading that states:

Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Customs and Border Protection

BTW, with this post I move from a Junior Member on this board, to a full Member
I guess what I was getting at was I was not aware of any documents that are available to those of us with new cars coming in direct from the mfg.
I didn't want sawyerB looking for something he couldn't find.

I thought maybe you had additional DHS/Customs paperwork since you had mentioned earlier, your car was hitting the US as a "used car" since you took delivery in Europe.

Congrats on your promotion!
Old 07-21-2017, 01:04 AM

I guess what I was getting at was I was not aware of any documents that are available to those of us with new cars coming in direct from the mfg.
I didn't want sawyerB looking for something he couldn't find.

I thought maybe you had additional DHS/Customs paperwork since you had mentioned earlier, your car was hitting the US as a "used car" since you took delivery in Europe.

Congrats on your promotion!
Okay, I misunderstood your post. I think you are correct that these docs are not available for new car orders.

It is the third party shipper, i.e. IFF, that makes the documents available on their web site for EDP cars.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:22 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Hey mtberman, any ETA at your dealer yet? Couldn't be too long now!
It's here in Denver. No call or follow up from the dealer, but I knew it had to have arrived by now despite their claims that it has not. So I more or less trespassed into their parking garage this morning and walked around until I found it.

Called and told them I'm coming to get it and to have everything ready. He didn't seem at all surprised and said OK.

Brilliant blue w/black MB-Tex and the new-for-2018 brown ash wood trim. I'm pretty stoked.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:26 PM

It's here in Denver. No call or follow up from the dealer, but I knew it had to have arrived by now despite their claims that it has not. So I more or less trespassed into their parking garage this morning and walked around until I found it.

Called and told them I'm coming to get it and to have everything ready. He didn't seem at all surprised and said OK.

Brilliant blue w/black MB-Tex and the new-for-2018 brown ash wood trim. I'm pretty stoked.
That's good to hear! I would have done the same thing. I KNOW you're stoked. It sounds beautiful.

Almost the same thing happened to me. I went by last Friday about 4:30 to see what I could find out. I hadn't been there 5 minutes and I see what looks like my car coming around the building. I asked my SA if that was my car. He said it might be, that was their detail guy that got out of it. Like you said......almost a state secret!

They had to fix a little ding so I didn't get it until Wednesday night. After leather for 24 years, so far I'm really impressed with the MB-Tex. Guess we'll fall off this thread now. I'm sure we'll have questions folks on the forum can help us with.

Guess I'll be sure tedjane gets hers. (I've been assuming all along she's the "Jane" of tedjane.) Don't know why. Lol

It's been fun!!
Old 07-21-2017, 06:36 PM

Guess I'll be sure tedjane gets hers. (I've been assuming all along she's the "Jane" of tedjane.) Don't know why. Lol

It's been fun!!
Actual I am not Ted or Jane, that is just a pseudonym I use on some boards. But I am closer to a Ted, than Jane because my real name is Jim .

I wrote the Dealer yesterday asking for the ETA. A new SA replied, I think my original SA left the dealership some time during my EDP trip. The new SA wrote that the car was in Long Beach, which I already knew. But it would be 2-3 weeks before it arrived here.

I suspect it will be here sooner, at least I hope so. I may make a trip to the dealer this weekend during a time when they are closed to look around. Unfortunately they are 10 miles away, otherwise I might check more often.

I do have the second key with me (forgot it at the hotel when I dropped the car off in Germany), but I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to just take it, or would it ?
Old 07-21-2017, 06:46 PM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Finally. That's the optional front chrome trim in case you were wondering how it looks.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:48 PM

GLC43
Congratulations. Looks great. Enjoy your new GLC!
Old 07-21-2017, 08:50 PM

Great looking car. You must be thrilled.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:53 PM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Great looking car. You must be thrilled.
I am, Thanks! There were the usual delays and I used that time to familiarize myself with it. During that time, other customers kept coming in to the indoor delivery bay thinking it was for sale. They were all over that brilliant blue w/the 19s. Two sales guys came in to say they had customers offer to buy it at sticker. I know this all sounds super braggy but I'm a first time MB buyer and let's just say I've had a lot of angst over this purchase, and those comments helped get rid of those feeling. That anxiety is gone. You guys will all be there soon, if you aren't already. The waiting time passes pretty fast.

Zero fuel in the tank. The low fuel light came on a couple miles down the road headed home LOL. A simple oversight I'm sure, and totally forgiveable, but still that's laughably Bad Form for a luxury brand dealer.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:33 PM

I am, Thanks! There were the usual delays and I used that time to familiarize myself with it. During that time, other customers kept coming in to the indoor delivery bay thinking it was for sale. They were all over that brilliant blue w/the 19s. Two sales guys came in to say they had customers offer to buy it at sticker. I know this all sounds super braggy but I'm a first time MB buyer and let's just say I've had a lot of angst over this purchase, and those comments helped get rid of those feeling. That anxiety is gone. You guys will all be there soon, if you aren't already. The waiting time passes pretty fast.

Zero fuel in the tank. The low fuel light came on a couple miles down the road headed home LOL. A simple oversight I'm sure, and totally forgiveable, but still that's laughably Bad Form for a luxury brand dealer.
Nice job, mtberman! That is certainly an eyecatcher. I love the 19" wheels, but I chickened out and went with the 18" thinking it might be a softer ride for an older guy!

Had exactly the same feelings as you...first time MB for me too. And nope, not super braggy at all. You're just proud of your your new purchase.

First time I saw this waiting room I thought "Really?" But once it's ordered and the anticipation grows, I found it was fun to share the experience.

Gotta agree on sending you home with an empty tank. That's pretty lame.
My dealer fills new owners up again when they come in for a Q & A after 30 days. I'll take it I guess, but they don't use a top tier gas, so not happy about that.

Enjoy your weekend getting acquainted with your new baby!
Old 07-21-2017, 10:37 PM

...other customers kept coming in to the indoor delivery bay thinking it was for sale. They were all over that brilliant blue w/the 19s. Two sales guys came in to say they had customers offer to buy it at sticker. ...

You're lucky, I have read horror stories where the dealer sold a custom order out from under the customer.

Zero fuel, I guess that is what happens when you don't let the car sit on the dealer's lot for a few days before they call to tell you the car is ready.

My SA has already told me not to expect a full tank of gas because of the discount I received. Which is fine with me, I think I can afford a tank of gas.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:02 PM

GLC43
I am really surprised and disappointed that you didn't get a full tank of gas upon pickup. I actually think it may be a survey question asking if your tank was fill upon receiving the car. It's really important for car sales people to score perfect on their surveys - worth as much as 200 dollars for them if scored the highest level - heck if I were the salesman I would fill it up myself. I look at a car purchase as such an exciting experience that only occurs a handful of times in a lifetime - the experience should be wonderful. This will our 4th MB and we loved them all. For me my MB lease is up the end of July and my salesman told me regardless if my car is here or not next week, return the car and they will put be in a loaner until mine arrives.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GLC Order Waiting Room