GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC Order Waiting Room

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 11:50 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 GLC300 4-matic, 2014 Audi S4
Just got word that my GLC has been assigned to a vessel... the Divine Ace. I'm tracking her around Spain right now.
She's bound for New York, but I'm picking it up from a dealer in CA. So I assume the NY destination is just a stop to unload some vehicles before she continues through the canal bound for Los Angeles.

Tracking the ship is a ton of fun...my kids and my wife are getting a kick out of it as well.
"Dad! Where's Mom's car now?!!!" :-)

Cheers,
---John
Old 10-21-2017, 11:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
Originally Posted by blockage
Just got word that my GLC has been assigned to a vessel... the Divine Ace. I'm tracking her around Spain right now.
She's bound for New York, but I'm picking it up from a dealer in CA. So I assume the NY destination is just a stop to unload some vehicles before she continues through the canal bound for Los Angeles.

Tracking the ship is a ton of fun...my kids and my wife are getting a kick out of it as well.

Cheers,
---John
Yes, that sounds right....my ship made 3 stops before it got to Long Beach. After each stop the tracking page updates to show its next destination.
The following users liked this post:
blockage (10-22-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 12:06 AM

Great, thanks for the feedback Pete. Hopefully the interim stops don't delay the trip to CA much!
Old 10-22-2017, 12:10 AM

Great, thanks for the feedback Pete. Hopefully the interim stops don't delay the trip to CA much!
They are at the port about 8 - 10 hrs unloading the cars. If you look at google maps wherever they dock, you can see there is a Mercedes lot right next to where the ship docks. When the ship docks/leaves you can actually see a tug boat guiding the ship in and out.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by PeteInGilroy
They are at the port about 8 - 10 hrs unloading the cars. If you look at google maps wherever they dock, you can see there is a Mercedes lot right next to where the ship docks. When the ship docks/leaves you can actually see a tug boat guiding the ship in and out.
Oh that's too cool...I can feel a slight obsession starting here!
I really want to catch it as she goes through the Panama Canal. I haven't searched yet...anyone have a link handy to the cameras that show ships going through the locks?
Old 10-22-2017, 12:59 AM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Oh that's too cool...I can feel a slight obsession starting here!
I really want to catch it as she goes through the Panama Canal. I haven't searched yet...anyone have a link handy to the cameras that show ships going through the locks?
ted-jane posted some great pics of the ship carrying his GLC going thru the locks several months ago. I don’t know how hard the Panama Canal links are to find. Maybe he’ll see this and give you some tips. You should be able to see his pics (and maybe the link) if you look through his posts.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC 2018

Cheers,
---John
Is there a "track & trace" site for the Devine Ace that I can enter my VIN and see if my GLC is also on this boat. My car is destined for CA and has been sitting in Bremerhaven since Sept 12. I'd love to find this info before my dealer finds it. I write him once a week and he tells me to be "patient" and that he is checking status daily and will tell me as soon as it has been assigned a ship. I tried to check 2wglobal.com, but this ship isn't managed by Walenius and thus my VIN isn't there.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Robert418
Is there a "track & trace" site for the Devine Ace that I can enter my VIN and see if my GLC is also on this boat. My car is destined for CA and has been sitting in Bremerhaven since Sept 12. I'd love to find this info before my dealer finds it. I write him once a week and he tells me to be "patient" and that he is checking status daily and will tell me as soon as it has been assigned a ship. I tried to check 2wglobal.com, but this ship isn't managed by Walenius and thus my VIN isn't there.
I haven't been able to find a site that gives the manifest for the Divine Ace yet. The only thing I was able to uncover is that it is owned/operated by Mitsui O.S.K.
I'll post if I dig up any info.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:22 PM

This was the only site I found for tracking Mitsui OSK Lines (MOL) for their car carriers. Apparently you need to have a valid account to login and access since there was no form on the page to enter a VIN.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo xc70
My car just arrived in Long Beach on thr Amethyst Ace. Wonder how long before it is released to the dealer, long wait since ordering late April.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:23 PM

MOL Divine Ace possible tracking

http://cms.molpower.com/

I don’t know if you can use this without logging in or not. Some carriers only require logging in if you want to book a shipment or some other transaction. Of course, you don’t know if your car is on the Dvine Ace or not. Maybe Blockage could try his VIN on this site and let you know if it pulls up his car since he knows his is on the Divine Ace. Assuming your dealer is being honest with you, your ship assignment will show up in Netstar way before you will find it on the ship.

I find it hard to believe it’s been sitting in Bremerhaven since 9/12 and hasn’t been assigned to a ship yet.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Vaboy
I don’t know if you can use this without logging in or not. Some carriers only require logging in if you want to book a shipment or some other transaction. Of course, you don’t know if your car is on the Dvine Ace or not. Maybe Blockage could try his VIN on this site and let you know if it pulls up his car since he knows his is on the Divine Ace.
Bummer...I tried to enter my VIN on that search page, and it had Invalid Search Input when searching by container. I don't think there's a way to do a VIN lookup on that site.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC300
Mine is also sitting in Bremerhaven

Originally Posted by Vaboy

I don’t know if you can use this without logging in or not. Some carriers only require logging in if you want to book a shipment or some other transaction. Of course, you don’t know if your car is on the Dvine Ace or not. Maybe Blockage could try his VIN on this site and let you know if it pulls up his car since he knows his is on the Divine Ace. Assuming your dealer is being honest with you, your ship assignment will show up in Netstar way before you will find it on the ship.

I find it hard to believe it’s been sitting in Bremerhaven since 9/12 and hasn’t been assigned to a ship yet.
Same situation here,, a month sitting at the port.. checking with SA weekly on Netstar,, No vessel assignment yet,,
Not Fun ,,, Not Fun at all.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:55 PM

To those who are experiencing shipping delays, is you vehicle one you ordered or one the dealer had on order and you selected the dealer optioned vehicle. It seems like those specially ordered receive a P1 (Priority One) status and they go through the system pretty fast.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:49 PM

Bummer...I tried to enter my VIN on that search page, and it had Invalid Search Input when searching by container. I don't think there's a way to do a VIN lookup on that site.
Sorry that didn’t work. I guess you guys with cars in Bremerhaven will just have to wait until they show up in Netstar with a ship name and then you can track your ship. Frustrating I know since they’ve been there so long. Kind of shooting in the dark (and frustrating) trying to find it on any given ship though.

Maybe be someone with a great SA can shed some light on why the holdup in Bremerhaven.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:32 AM

GLC 2018
Originally Posted by Flicka60
My car just arrived in Long Beach on thr Amethyst Ace. Wonder how long before it is released to the dealer, long wait since ordering late April.
What was your production date and what date did the car arrive in Bremerhaven? Looks like the Amethyst Ace left Bremerhave on 17 Sept. My car had been waiting in Bremerhaven since 12 Sept and is supposedly on a priority list, but it wasn't put on that boat -- don't know why.

My car was specifically ordered to my specs. Not one that the dealer had ordered for stock. It may have been a car they had ordered for stock and that they changed the config to my liking, but I don't know. I do know that the production date was later than they expected as they couldn't get a slot with the "Advanced Lighting Package" until first decade September. They tried to get me to drop that spec so that I could get car earlier, but I refused.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 184 Likes on 151 Posts
GLC 300d 4matic

They tried to get me to drop that spec so that I could get car earlier, but I refused.
Wise decision 👍
Old 10-28-2017, 12:05 PM

It's slightly frustrating when trying to track the Divine Ace across the North Atlantic. She hasn't been online since the 24th.
Why don't they just float a few AIS receivers along her route, so I can watch her cross???! ;-)

She's due in NY on Monday, so I can commence my stalking at that time...
Old 10-29-2017, 10:20 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Sorry for the late post but I have been off line for a few weeks. For those looking for the Panama Canal live webcams here's the link:

http://www.pancanal.com/index.html

Click on the Multimedia tab to access the webcams. Googling Panama Canal Webcams brings up other links,
Old 10-30-2017, 04:43 PM

GLC 2018
Finally -- car is on a boat -- Grand Cosmo -- left Bremerhaven on 10/25 and is scheduled to arrive Long Beach on 11/26. I have no clue why the car sat so long at port. Car was produced on 9/6 and arrived in Bremerhaven on 9/12. It sat in Bremerhaven for 43 days before departing on the Grand Cosmo.

Dealer says "logistic constraints". Just can't believe a company the size of MB can't manage logistics better than this. I worked in global supply chain in a different industry for a while and would have been fired if product was sitting in port that long.

I've asked for a loaner car from today (as we should have already had the car) until delivery. Dealer refused, but offered an additional $500 discount. I asked for more ($2000) and am awaiting reply.

Last edited by Robert418; 10-30-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLC 350d AMG Line, Premium Plus, Polar White, Intelligent Lights, 20" Wheels
You car has taken exactly the same route / timings as mine. Mine is bound for UK and is on it's way to Zeebrugge in Belgium before hoping across the English Channel to England next week.
I've been asking Mercedes Benz Customer Service why it's been delayed and they can't tell me. I've gone through a whole raft of emotions, I actually feel they've treated us like children. Obviously MB know why the car were delayed, but refuse to tell us. MB really have offered me NO information, all they say is we're unable to find out" Wow..
Old 10-30-2017, 05:10 PM

Mercedes glc
How long do cars typically take to clear the VPC in Baltimore for a car that has customer name attached to it which I understand gives it a priority designation?

Just wasn’t sure how many days it takes to clear the VPC and then get assigned / loaded onto a truck to be delivered to dealer.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2017, 07:23 PM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
Re: Baltimore VPC times

My car arrived at VPC on 10/9 and was delivered to dealer in NY on 10/14. On Priority One car with no port installed options should be fast.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:55 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by nsoltz
Re: Baltimore VPC times

My car arrived at VPC on 10/9 and was delivered to dealer in NY on 10/14. On Priority One car with no port installed options should be fast.
When did yours get produced? Haven’t heard from my dealer on mine yet and getting a bit nervous. I emailed them to add an option 2 weeks ago, but they said it was too late. Hoping that means it’s already been produced or in production and getting on a boat soon. Would love to get by end of Nov., which is possible per what my dealer said, but these unexplained delays mentioned by others are making me nervous. Waiting stinks...
Old 10-30-2017, 10:42 PM

Mercedes glc
Originally Posted by Chrisk03
When did yours get produced? Haven’t heard from my dealer on mine yet and getting a bit nervous. I emailed them to add an option 2 weeks ago, but they said it was too late. Hoping that means it’s already been produced or in production and getting on a boat soon. Would love to get by end of Nov., which is possible per what my dealer said, but these unexplained delays mentioned by others are making me nervous. Waiting stinks...
Ordered 6-7 weeks ago. It is approximately two weeks behind schedule from the original estimate. Believe part of that was driven by the luck of the draw of the Finland production site.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GLC Order Waiting Room