GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC300 above average predicted reliability has been released.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 02:39 AM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 volkswagen beetle
GLC300 above average predicted reliability has been released.

It appears on US News and World Report's best cars, that JD Power has released the predicted reliability rating of 4 power circles (above average) for the new GLC suv. Does this surprise me? After looking at the almost 100 percent positive consumer reviews from edmunds, cars.com, and kelley blue book, I'm not the least bit surprised. I'll admit though, I was concerned because of the bloopers that early builds of the new c class had. But the Alabama plant has had a checkered past as far as making cars up to MB standards. Now they seem to have their stuff together. I'm sure consumer reports will say otherwise but there's something about consumer reports that dosent sit well with me. Thoughts? I'd like to hear them!
Old 02-08-2016, 08:46 AM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
Cool!
Old 02-08-2016, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, consumer reports has the predicted reliability of the 2016 C series as very low.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:54 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
BMW 5 Series and BMW X3
Originally Posted by Donnnn
Unfortunately, consumer reports has the predicted reliability of the 2016 C series as very low.
I saw this and am hoping it doesn't translate to the GLC, since I'm shopping the segment and have the GLC on my radar. As with any new model, time will tell.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:18 AM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
Yeah, predicted reliability doesn't always amount to much. Odds are good CR gave it a low because it's a first year model and we all know first year models tend to have more issues than a mature model line.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:29 PM

2016 volkswagen beetle
Originally Posted by JEVA
Yeah, predicted reliability doesn't always amount to much. Odds are good CR gave it a low because it's a first year model and we all know first year models tend to have more issues than a mature model line.
I think the problem with the c class was the Alabama plant. Though on the flipside, the GLE and GL are built there and they don't have problems.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:53 PM

Lexus ES350
This is great! This is a step in the right direction. The ratings may be based that on a whole, that Mercedes has been improving greatly in dependability and reliability ratings in recent years. They really need to keep this up, and this will help surpass BMW popularity. As of now, Mercedes and even Audi are rated above BMW in terms of dependability.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by TSchuettinger
I think the problem with the c class was the Alabama plant. Though on the flipside, the GLE and GL are built there and they don't have problems.
I beg to differ with you. My 2008 Gl had many issues and it came out of the Vance plant. I have friends who have later year models of the X164 that have had the same issues. my problems included oil leaks (diesel, engine made in Germany)Suspension issues. Some electrical issues.

Last edited by dieseldoc; 02-09-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:58 PM

2016 volkswagen beetle
Originally Posted by dieseldoc
I beg to differ with you. My 2008 Gl had many issues and it came out of the Vance plant. I have friends who have later year models of the X164 that have had the same issues. my problems included oil leaks (diesel, engine made in Germany. Suspension.
I'm speaking of the present generation GL. I know all about the problems the previous Gen had...
Old 02-08-2016, 09:59 PM

2016 volkswagen beetle
I'm speaking of the present generation GL. I know all about the problems the previous Gen had...
Woops never mind I misread what you wrote.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:18 AM

2016 volkswagen beetle
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328
This is great! This is a step in the right direction. The ratings may be based that on a whole, that Mercedes has been improving greatly in dependability and reliability ratings in recent years. They really need to keep this up, and this will help surpass BMW popularity. As of now, Mercedes and even Audi are rated above BMW in terms of dependability.
That's true! Unfortunately, I could tell a lexus owner that until I'm blue in the face. They'll still say their Toyota is better. I'll admit, dependability is better on those but that doesn't take away from the fact that "Japanese luxury" has nothing over european luxury. Guess what I never saw at Barrett-Jackson? Japanese luxury cars! But a whole lot of Mercedes, bentley's, rolls royce, a bunch of cadillacs. Sad fact is that once the value goes away on a Jap car, it's gone. They have no collector value. But you know, different strokes for different folks.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:35 AM
DBV

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 GLC and 2017 BMW 530xi M-Sport
we have had three GL 350's and put a lot of miles on them and only had one issue. Maybe we were just lucky?

[/B][/B]
Originally Posted by dieseldoc
I beg to differ with you. My 2008 Gl had many issues and it came out of the Vance plant. I have friends who have later year models of the X164 that have had the same issues. my problems included oil leaks (diesel, engine made in Germany. Suspension.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:49 PM

Lexus ES350
That's true! Unfortunately, I could tell a lexus owner that until I'm blue in the face. They'll still say their Toyota is better. I'll admit, dependability is better on those but that doesn't take away from the fact that "Japanese luxury" has nothing over european luxury. Guess what I never saw at Barrett-Jackson? Japanese luxury cars! But a whole lot of Mercedes, bentley's, rolls royce, a bunch of cadillacs. Sad fact is that once the value goes away on a Jap car, it's gone. They have no collector value. But you know, different strokes for different folks.
I agree with you! But why are you bringing up Lexus/Toyota and trying to convince me that European luxury is better? I agree with you! Is it because I have Lexus ES as owning in my profile on the left?

I am really looking forward to buying the GLC at some point in a few years. I will tell you, that I will always be concerned about reliability because I buy all my cars, not lease (drive too many miles a year) and keep each car to at least 150k miles.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:54 PM

2016 volkswagen beetle
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328
I agree with you! But why are you bringing up Lexus/Toyota and trying to convince me that European luxury is better? I agree with you! Is it because I have Lexus ES as owning in my profile on the left?

I am really looking forward to buying the GLC at some point in a few years. I will tell you, that I will always be concerned about reliability because I buy all my cars, not lease (drive too many miles a year) and keep each car to at least 150k miles.
I had no idea you have a lexus. I'm using the app. If I was using the website it would say what someone is driving.