GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

I saw my first non dealer, on the road, GLC last night.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 07:03 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 BMW 335i Msport, 2012 Mustang GT
I saw my first non dealer, on the road, GLC last night.

I've had my head on a swivel ever since I saw the GLC at the Auto Show here in Tampa last November. It is at the auto show that I saw my first GLC and began falling in love. I've seen the car since at various dealerships since that time, but until last night I had yet to see one on the road.

On the way home from dinner with friends last night, I saw a beautiful white GLC northbound on a six lane divided road here in Tampa. I, also traveling northbound, had to slow way down to allow the beauty to catch up so that I could verify my sighting and to admire this beautiful car in action. It did not have the LED lighting package, but I can say that the taillights at night on the base lighting system are quite beautiful. The LED light pipe (is that the correct nomenclature?) is gorgeous!

How often are you seeing GLCs on the road where you live?
Old 03-09-2016, 07:44 AM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
I've seen a few. The problem (for me anyway) is that some of the ML350's look a lot like the GLC (to me) and I see them and think it's a GLC. I've definitely seen at least 3 different ones in the last few months.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC 300
I've only seen one other GLC on the roads around here and it was from out of state!
Old 03-09-2016, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by JEVA
I've seen a few. The problem (for me anyway) is that some of the ML350's look a lot like the GLC (to me) and I see them and think it's a GLC. I've definitely seen at least 3 different ones in the last few months.
I've got the same problem, and that's why I slowed down to verify by checking the badge. Damn this car is good looking!
Old 03-09-2016, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by tjgcmcwru
I've only seen one other GLC on the roads around here and it was from out of state!
Where are you located?
Old 03-09-2016, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
I live in the Dallas area. I have only seen a total of three on the road. One black, one white, and and a selenite one.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:32 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by mdsbuc
Where are you located?
In the DC area.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not applicable
San Francisco bay area. No kidding, in the past 2 months I DID NOT see any GLC on the road! Only in dealer lot.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:01 PM

2014 Mercedes E Class
Here in Los Angeles... So far I have seen a total of 6 whites, 2 red, 3 black and 1 dark blue... Total of 12 and that's mostly in the last month or so.. All of them did not have the lighting package but I also actually like the tail lights on the base model in the day and at night.

In all honesty the GLC looks a LOT better in person then it does in pictures and especially when you see it driving on the road.

The first time I seen the commercial on TV.. I had got minor chills.. Lol.. Maybe more from Anticipation which is odd because it's not like this is my first Mercedes.. But it is my first time ordering so the wait and the new experience doing it this way is building the anticipation. I can damn near remember the exact words from the commercial now...

"It took dozens of Prototypes... Hundreds of crash simulations.. Thousands of hours of pain saking craftsmanship...and an infinite reserve of patience.... To create a vehicle that looks.. Drives.. and thinks... like nothing else on the road... The all new GLC.. The SUV the world has been waiting for."

Haha.

Crazy how after about 5 commercials I remember it. Okay had some free time on my break... Back to work.

Last edited by BigDeeLA; 03-09-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by BigDeeLA

"It took dozens of proptotyes.. Hundreds of crash simulations.. Thousands of hours of pain saking craftsmanship...and an infinite reserve of patience.... To create a vehicle that looks.. Drives.. and thinks... like nothing else on the road... The all new GLC.. The SUV the world has been waiting for."

Haha.

Crazy how after about 5 commercials I remember it. Okay had some free time on my break... Back to work.
Awesome! I can hear the narrator's voice as I read it.

You are correct, as nice as it looks static on the lot, it's even more beautiful in motion. The white GLC I saw last night looked awesome in traffic, and quite beautiful lit at night.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:35 PM

The ones I've seen have been white and black (one may have been dark blue).
Old 03-09-2016, 03:12 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Mercedes GLC 250d
Originally Posted by JEVA
The ones I've seen have been white and black (one may have been dark blue).
In the UK I've seen just one so far. And that was the day after I ordered mine!! I have ordered the dark blue but haven't seen any posts at all on this site for the dark blue GLC so perhaps I've made a bad choice or a rare choice - the decision is yours

So glad I haven't seen many on the UK roads, I keep thinking I've seen one but it's a ML or GLA or something. How can I possibly wait until July..
Old 03-09-2016, 03:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jaguar XFS & wife GLC250 AMG Line Premium Plus
I'm based just outside of NW London, UK and so far in the three weeks of ownership only seen two GLCs. They are still a rare thing in this part of the world, and even some dealerships don't have them. Funny enough I saw the exact spec and colour the day I picked up the car but since then only one more which was the SE model. Even though I don't drive it being my wife's car, I still keep a look out on my daily commute to work.
How long will this last before the roads are flooded with GLCs just like the X3 and Q5
Old 03-09-2016, 05:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2016 GLC
in MD.

Originally Posted by tjgcmcwru
In the DC area.
I've seen 2 so far.

Once on I-95 north and today I saw another one in a shopping center parking lot, but I was driving a dealer's loaner car. Both times the cars are black.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:16 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
GLC 300
Ah yes. I think we are all in love with the GLC! I'm in Los Angeles also. I have seen only a few on the road. But, I work from home.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:36 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by maylin
I've seen 2 so far.

Once on I-95 north and today I saw another one in a shopping center parking lot, but I was driving a dealer's loaner car. Both times the cars are black.
Then it wasn't me since mine is iridium silver!
Old 03-09-2016, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche Macan Turbo
Originally Posted by BigDeeLA
Here in Los Angeles... So far I have seen a total of 6 whites, 2 red, 3 black and 1 dark blue... Total of 12 and that's mostly in the last month or so.. All of them did not have the lighting package but I also actually like the tail lights on the base model in the day and at night.

In all honesty the GLC looks a LOT better in person then it does in pictures and especially when you see it driving on the road.

The first time I seen the commercial on TV.. I had got minor chills.. Lol.. Maybe more from Anticipation which is odd because it's not like this is my first Mercedes.. But it is my first time ordering so the wait and the new experience doing it this way is building the anticipation. I can damn near remember the exact words from the commercial now...

"It took dozens of Prototypes... Hundreds of crash simulations.. Thousands of hours of pain saking craftsmanship...and an infinite reserve of patience.... To create a vehicle that looks.. Drives.. and thinks... like nothing else on the road... The all new GLC.. The SUV the world has been waiting for."

Haha.

We've also seen a few in the Playa Vista/LA area, but not too many yet. Just white and black. I tend to believe this will be a volume seller for MB in short order.

All the GLCs I've seen had the standard lights. They really don't look bad, and I can't imagine them being worse than my wife's outgoing Prius. I think many of frequent these boards are more of the enthusiasts, who want many of the bells and whistles. I also imagine most of the dealer spec cars will omit the Lighting Package, or Night Package, which was a must have for the wife.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:45 PM

In a year or so they'll be everywhere...enjoy the relative exclusivity for now
Old 03-09-2016, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300 4matic
MetroWest Boston - I have seen two whites, two selenite greys, and a silver. One of the selenite grey had the LED lights.

I agree with others, I have mistaken GLEs for GLCs from a distance. Not only that, even the GLA front profile is very similar to the GLC.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:25 AM

2014 Mercedes E Class
That's true around this time next year they will be all over.. All the ones I have seen so far have not had LED lights. I've actually seen more men driving then women.. Out of the 12 I've seen only 3 have been women driving them... And each time it's been one person in the car alone.. This car will bring in men and women.. Unlike the GLK which I felt was more catered to the Soccer mom... Especially with the different sport, night packages... Those should cater more to males.

Similar to others, from the front of the GLE from short distance I almost thought it was a GLC too.. But once you see those Huge tail lights you know what it is... And from the side profile, even though it has a slight curve/slant in the back, the GLE has somewhat a boxy look in my opinion... Although I like the way the Screen placement is better in the GLE, since the vents are on the side of the Navigation screen and it don't looked as "tacked on", I prefer the body of the GLC.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:26 AM

The people I see driving GLK's seem to be older (50+) and I haven't noticed a gender bias.

The GLE is very obvious from the rear...I came up on one from behind on the interstate. In the distance I was wondering what the heck it was as it looked stout. I thought my X6 had wide tires and looked beefy but the GLE is even beefier. Those tires must be $500 a piece or more (they were close to $500 on my X6).
Old 03-10-2016, 01:08 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Mercedes GLC 250d
The only one I've seen on the UK roads - was well worth a snap in car even if it's a little blurred!

Old 03-10-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mikeyking
The only one I've seen on the UK roads - was well worth a snap in car even if it's a little blurred!

Indeed, well worth the snap!