GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

COMAND NAV - How do you shut her up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 03:40 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Mercedes GLC 250d
COMAND NAV - How do you shut her up?

I must be being thick but I can't seem to find any way of turning of the voice navigation on the COMAND NAV. Has anyone managed it??
Old 08-11-2016, 04:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GenesisG70 '20 GLC300 DakotaBrwn/Silk '16
Just mute the volume, or lower the volume while it is "speaking." So you have to time it to lower volume or mute while talking is ongoing. And yes, I think you have to mute it again if you restart the vehicle... not sure how long one can wait between stopping and restarting.

If it really bothers you, I think you can just set the volume really low and you may not hear much at all. And the volume will stay at this level until you decide to change it. You know, come to think of it, I should try to see if mute stays mute... I thought I tried it, but then again, maybe I forgot? Duh!
Old 08-11-2016, 05:04 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Mercedes GLC 250d
Originally Posted by RedwinGV
Just mute the volume, or lower the volume while it is "speaking." So you have to time it to lower volume or mute while talking is ongoing. And yes, I think you have to mute it again if you restart the vehicle... not sure how long one can wait between stopping and restarting.

If it really bothers you, I think you can just set the volume really low and you may not hear much at all. And the volume will stay at this level until you decide to change it. You know, come to think of it, I should try to see if mute stays mute... I thought I tried it, but then again, maybe I forgot? Duh!
Ah, but I'm listening to the radio when she's cutting in so I don't want to mute or turn the radio down. There must be a setting somewhere to tell COMAND that I don't want her to speak out directions!?
Old 08-11-2016, 05:18 PM

If you lower the volume while listening to the radio or otherwise, WHILE the NAV is "speaking," only the Nav volume will be lowered or raised.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC 250d
Originally Posted by Mikeyking
I must be being thick but I can't seem to find any way of turning of the voice navigation on the COMAND NAV. Has anyone managed it??
Use voice command whilst navigating " guidance off". This mutes navigation whilst listening to music but still shows it on the nav screen and heads up if you have it.
The following users liked this post:
Mikeyking (08-12-2016)
Old 08-16-2016, 10:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 AMG C43
Originally Posted by Rotelman
Use voice command whilst navigating " guidance off". This mutes navigation whilst listening to music but still shows it on the nav screen and heads up if you have it.
is there anyway to make guidance off by default?
Old 09-09-2016, 05:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 BMW 435i Coupe
Just picked up the car last weekend. The new Mercedes navigation is hard to figure out (coming from BMW side). Does anyone know how to set your "home" address on the navigation and how to quickly hit a button for navigation to take you home. I need to know to show the wifey.

thanks.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by reddemon73
Just picked up the car last weekend. The new Mercedes navigation is hard to figure out (coming from BMW side). Does anyone know how to set your "home" address on the navigation and how to quickly hit a button for navigation to take you home. I need to know to show the wifey.

thanks.
I think the quickest way is just to add it to your favorites. Then call up the favorites and put in in the position on the screen that you like. Note that favorites includes any and all favorites that one wants so it can include stations, destinations, climate, etc.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
2009 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mikeyking
Ah, but I'm listening to the radio when she's cutting in so I don't want to mute or turn the radio down. There must be a setting somewhere to tell COMAND that I don't want her to speak out directions!?
Set the radio as you wish. As she is speaking hit the volume down button on the right side of the wheel. Do this only as she is talking. Turning it down when she is not talking only turns down the audio volume. You may have to do it a number of times to get it so low you cannot hear her. The two systems are in my experience independent and once you get her shut off she will stay silent which is more than you can achieve with she who will be listened to who sits in the right seat!

Last edited by Alex.currie44; 10-02-2016 at 03:16 PM.