GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC Prepaid Maintenance and Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 03:47 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
GLC
I got my 4 year maintenance package for $1760 on my '20 GLC300 back in June.
Old 12-08-2020, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 423 Likes on 313 Posts
2015 SL400; 2019 X5M40i
Can anyone provide what they paid for PPM and an extended warranty for a AMG GLC43? Thanks.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:53 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2005 SL500, 2022 RX350, 2016 GLC300 4Matic(Sold), 2008 RX350 (sold), 2003 RX300(sold)
Looking to buy a 2-3 pack PPM for 50/60 and 70K service for my GLC300. 50/60K is extensive, will this type of contract cover all recommended items? For example 50K has spark plug change and 60K tranny and differential oil change in addition to basic oil/filter change items.
Old 03-23-2021, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 GLC300 4Matic
I just got pricing for a new 2021 GLC300 4Matic:
2 year - $970
3 year - $1,280
4 year - $1,760 (inclusive of taxes and fees)

At my local MB in NJ the service department quotes me the following prices (without tire rotations):
1st and 3rd year A service - $300
2nd and 4th year B service - $750
Total for 4 years: $2100 + taxes and fees

Given that at the very least, Costco should give an additional 15% off these "a la carte" prices... I'm at the very least breaking even by going prepaid maintenance plan assuming no other discounts and the services prices don't increase (which I bet would happen over 4 years).
Old 03-23-2021, 12:41 PM

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts
2021 GLE 450, 2017 GLC 300 4Matic, 2008 FJ Cruiser
Originally Posted by adityaag
2 year - $970
3 year - $1,280

At my local MB in NJ the service department quotes me the following prices (without tire rotations):

Given that at the very least, Costco should give an additional 15% off these "a la carte" prices... I'm at the very least breaking even by going prepaid maintenance plan assuming no other discounts and the services prices don't increase (which I bet would happen over 4 years).
Wow...
in SoCal I pay for my 17 GLC $2-225 service A and around $350-4 service B. Depends which dealer I go to. And could be lower if I look around for coupons on dealer sites.

Old 03-23-2021, 04:28 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
2021 GLC 300
2 year - $970
3 year - $1,280

Another Wow... $300.00 ! Per Mercedes-Benz website, an A service is basically just an oil and filter change with a brake component inspection. (pads and rotors I presume) Did you get a quote from a reliable independent service center? I'm new to German cars but, I would imagine an oil and filter change even on an MB is not rocket science. Now.....On the B service I might lean towards using an MB dealer because they are messing with your brakes. Even then I'd seek out a reliable independent for a quote.
Old 03-23-2021, 05:50 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2005 SL500, 2022 RX350, 2016 GLC300 4Matic(Sold), 2008 RX350 (sold), 2003 RX300(sold)
2 year - $970
3 year - $1,280

I am maintaining my 2016 with PPM and I think it is worth it. You may save some $ going to inde but you will not get any system upgrades, which I had 4 of them in first 4 years. By the time you get to 50/60K PPM is cheaper than any other choice. While the dealer A/B service prices look cheaper but aren't once you add the cost to replace wiper blades (~100$) which are included in PPM but not in service packages.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC 2020 Coupe
I am sure i'm being ripped off. I just paid 844$ for service A on my GLC 200 2020 Coupe in KSA. that was a shock for me but couldn't do or say anything.

i just checked the service package and they have B, A, B SELECT service package for equivalent of 3386$ for 3 years or 60K. (Attached) btw, my car just did the 15K service so they asked me to chose the 30K service and they said will be 30K, 45k, and 60K for 3 years.

are these numbers even close to what you're getting?

Old 03-25-2021, 10:59 AM

2021 GLC 300
Originally Posted by wesram
I am sure i'm being ripped off. I just paid 844$ for service A on my GLC 200 2020 Coupe in KSA. that was a shock for me but couldn't do or say anything.

i just checked the service package and they have B, A, B SELECT service package for equivalent of 3386$ for 3 years or 60K. (Attached) btw, my car just did the 15K service so they asked me to chose the 30K service and they said will be 30K, 45k, and 60K for 3 years.

are these numbers even close to what you're getting?
You were ripped off and gutted like a deer. If you're taking your routine simple maintenance to an MB dealership, you're getting ripped off. It is all part of the "if you want to play" scenario.
There are modern, qualified, reputable & honest independent MB service and repair centers out there who won't rip you off. One of the members on this forum recommended one for me where I live in Denver Colorado. I checked them out well. They are a clean, modern shop with 12 bays, sterling reviews as well as an A+ rating with Better Business Bureau and zero consumer complaints.
I intend to use them for my first A service on my 2021 GLC 300. Their charge is $120 US$ for the very same (and more) Mercedes Benz factory described A service.
Old 03-26-2021, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,605 Likes on 1,181 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by cbebmb1
You were ripped off and gutted like a deer. If you're taking your routine simple maintenance to an MB dealership, you're getting ripped off. It is all part of the "if you want to play" scenario.
There are modern, qualified, reputable & honest independent MB service and repair centers out there who won't rip you off. One of the members on this forum recommended one for me where I live in Denver Colorado. I checked them out well. They are a clean, modern shop with 12 bays, sterling reviews as well as an A+ rating with Better Business Bureau and zero consumer complaints.
I intend to use them for my first A service on my 2021 GLC 300. Their charge is $120 US$ for the very same (and more) Mercedes Benz factory described A service.
You did notice that the charge you are objecting to was in SAR, didn't you? The 844 SAR converts to $225 USD.
Your independent, who can't provide all the potentially necessary fixes, would cost $450 SAR ($120USD). It's up to you if you want to go to an independent, but make sure your currency conversions are appropriate.
I think your shop is probably a good one for simple work, but no deep diagnostics if you need them. Just make sure they use M-B approved oil and parts, including replacing all seals, so you don't kill the Factory Warranty.
Most M-B dealers will perform updates / upgrades without any charge, so your $105 savings is probably fine. Until...

But most of all, you'll have a better relationship with the Indy because you don't approach them as rip-off artists. Confrontational is not a good way to achieve good results.
Old 03-26-2021, 05:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC 2020 Coupe
Originally Posted by mikapen
You did notice that the charge you are objecting to was in SAR, didn't you? The 844 SAR converts to $225 USD.
Your independent, who can't provide all the potentially necessary fixes, would cost $450 SAR ($120USD). It's up to you if you want to go to an independent, but make sure your currency conversions are appropriate.
I think your shop is probably a good one for simple work, but no deep diagnostics if you need them. Just make sure they use M-B approved oil and parts, including replacing all seals, so you don't kill the Factory Warranty.
Most M-B dealers will perform updates / upgrades without any charge, so your $105 savings is probably fine. Until...

But most of all, you'll have a better relationship with the Indy because you don't approach them as rip-off artists. Confrontational is not a good way to achieve good results.
Seems u didn't read my post properly! Where did I nention 844 SAR? I SAID 844$
Old 03-26-2021, 07:43 PM

2021 GLC 300

Madam/Sir mikapen,
I presume you read wesram's response regarding your misreading of what he said he paid for an "A" service. He said "where did I mention 844 SAR? I SAID 844$"
Before I respond to your post......I have asked you several times for the name of the Colorado MB dealership that performs the above and beyond over what MB describes as an "A" service.
You stated" They do more like full diagnostics, upgrading maps, checking for recalls and the other things the oil change change shops can't do". Why will you not forward the name of that Mercedes-Benz dealership and help out a fellow forum member? Were you mistaken in what you said? If so, that's cool. We all make mistakes.

Why do you think a modern, qualified, highly reviewed reputable and honest independent MB service and repair shop can only perform as you state "simple work"? Where do you get that idea?
There are good and bad independents and there good and bad Mercedes delearship service centers. Does it take some form of black magic to work on a Mercedes? I do believe there are certified Mercedes-Benz technicians that are employed by independents. Do you honestly believe an independent producing poor quality output and "killing" customer warranties would remain in business for over 25 years? Do you or do you have family and or friends that have a direct affiliation with Mb or a MB dealership? You come off so biased against independents.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,605 Likes on 1,181 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by cbebmb1
Madam/Sir mikapen,
I presume you read wesram's response regarding your misreading of what he said he paid for an "A" service. He said "where did I mention 844 SAR? I SAID 844$"
Before I respond to your post......I have asked you several times for the name of the Colorado MB dealership that performs the above and beyond over what MB describes as an "A" service.
You stated" They do more like full diagnostics, upgrading maps, checking for recalls and the other things the oil change change shops can't do". Why will you not forward the name of that Mercedes-Benz dealership and help out a fellow forum member? Were you mistaken in what you said? If so, that's cool. We all make mistakes.

Why do you think a modern, qualified, highly reviewed reputable and honest independent MB service and repair shop can only perform as you state "simple work"? Where do you get that idea?
There are good and bad independents and there good and bad Mercedes delearship service centers. Does it take some form of black magic to work on a Mercedes? I do believe there are certified Mercedes-Benz technicians that are employed by independents. Do you honestly believe an independent producing poor quality output and "killing" customer warranties would remain in business for over 25 years? Do you or do you have family and or friends that have a direct affiliation with Mb or a MB dealership? You come off so biased against independents.
Aside from asking you to read before you post, I WAS an Independent German Car Shop, and I know the capabilities. And I also know the six-figure investment that is needed for full diagnostic work, on each make and generation of cars, which I chose not to make. I don't know of ANY Indy shop that makes those investments.
Many Independent shops are excellent, but all have limitations. An M-B Dealer is required to make those investments, and have a direct line to the Service Rep and Factory for troubleshooting.
My point was that you saved $100 by getting your oil change done at your new find, but certainly not the several hundred $$$ you implied - it appears that the currency conversion didn't fit your "All dealers are rip-offs" mantra that you repeatedly insert into various threads.
Regarding your repeated question about naming a shop that I go to - I wouldn't wish you an any shop, so I'll keep my service sources private. But ALL M-B shops do an A Service as specified, which is more than a simple oil change. And you apparently haven't done the "research" (picking up a phone) to ask what a "simple oil change" costs at a Dealership. Because your bias against full-service shops seems to drive your auto life? That's fine, but as I said here in the first sentence, please read before posting.
Old 03-27-2021, 06:36 PM

2021 GLC 300
Aside from asking you to read before you post, I WAS an Independent German Car Shop, and I know the capabilities. And I also know the six-figure investment that is needed for full diagnostic work, on each make and generation of cars, which I chose not to make. I don't know of ANY Indy shop that makes those investments.
Many Independent shops are excellent, but all have limitations. An M-B Dealer is required to make those investments, and have a direct line to the Service Rep and Factory for troubleshooting.
My point was that you saved $100 by getting your oil change done at your new find, but certainly not the several hundred $$$ you implied - it appears that the currency conversion didn't fit your "All dealers are rip-offs" mantra that you repeatedly insert into various threads.
Regarding your repeated question about naming a shop that I go to - I wouldn't wish you an any shop, so I'll keep my service sources private. But ALL M-B shops do an A Service as specified, which is more than a simple oil change. And you apparently haven't done the "research" (picking up a phone) to ask what a "simple oil change" costs at a Dealership. Because your bias against full-service shops seems to drive your auto life? That's fine, but as I said here in the first sentence, please read before posting.
I've no bias against against full-service Mercedes & BMW dealership service shops other than the outrageous prices they charge for simple, simple garden variety maintenance. I've taken all my previous vehicles to the dealership shops because they did not charge outrageous prices for routine maintenance. It doesn't take a genius or high tech diagnostic to perform a simple oil & filter change and reset a maint. counter. I must say, you do hold your position even with a poor defense. How about we close this one and move on? Hey.....When will you be taking delivery of your new AMG 53?
Old 04-29-2021, 02:49 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by SuperZoom
FYI - If Anybody is Interested in EW.

I have bought EW : from Jeff Jackson and recommend him to others.

GLC300 4matic ( 7/75=$1600 OR 7/100=$2600)

Tafel Motors KY
Jeff Jackson
(502)896-4411 ext 1246

Also ... I have explored option to buy from Brett (512)381-7382 @ MB Austin. He also offered the following. He was also very professional and courteous in response. His options were

GLC300 4Matic ( 7/75=$1700 OR 7/100=$2700 )

I think between these 2 folks --- You can get the best deal for EW (as no games played and straight shooting transparent pricing by both )

-SZ
I just want to update this post and also recommend Jeff Jackson to anyone looking for an EW. I just purchased a 3/75 EW from Jeff for over $1,000 less than the retail price and over $800 less than my local MB dealer quoted me. My 2017 GLC original warranty expires next week. There are only 34k miles on the car but I did not want to go without a warranty.

Note Jeff's updated contact information: Jeff Jackson
Finance Director
Mercedes-Benz of Louisville
2520 Terra Crossing Blvd
Louisville, KY 40245

JJackson@MBLouisville.com
502-896-4411 Main
502-894-6829 Direct

Thanks Jeff
The following 2 users liked this post by ted_jane:
frankMBGLE (01-19-2022), Vaboy (04-30-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 11:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLC 300 4Matic
Can you please let us know what was the pricing you got from Jeff for the Extended warranty of your GLC 300 ?