How to make the GLC look taller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E Coupe
How to make the GLC look taller

Hi,

When configurating my GLC 350e, I want it to look as tall as possible, so it looks more like a large suv then a normal car...

What can you guys advice? I like the AMG exterior pack and the side bars..., but to they make the car look smaller?

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2016, 09:17 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
W203 C350; Lexus GS450h; GLC250 AMG Line
Originally Posted by Blaugrana
Hi,

When configurating my GLC 350e, I want it to look as tall as possible, so it looks more like a large suv then a normal car...

What can you guys advice? I like the AMG exterior pack and the side bars..., but to they make the car look smaller?

Thanks!
1) off road enginneering package with Air Body Control option. Should make the ride height higher than standard.
2) choose diamond white paint colour. Bright and light colour gives impression of a bigger car.
3) for same reason as 2) do not go for night package aa the chrome and shiny bits make things stand out and larger visually.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:53 AM

Mercedes E Coupe
Originally Posted by vratenza
1) off road enginneering package with Air Body Control option. Should make the ride height higher than standard.
2) choose diamond white paint colour. Bright and light colour gives impression of a bigger car.
3) for same reason as 2) do not go for night package aa the chrome and shiny bits make things stand out and larger visually.
what about the wheels? I don't like the 18" from the offroad package
Old 09-26-2016, 03:20 PM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by vratenza
Funny exactly all the things that I've said, and demonstrated via the configuration in his other thread on this topic. I fully agree

@blaugrana didn't you ask the same question in your other thread about the colour.

You like all the things that make it look like you don't want it to look like

I'd get a Land Rover Defender if you want that kind of a vehicle. Just get the real deal.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:44 PM

Mercedes E Coupe
Originally Posted by dejongj
Funny exactly all the things that I've said, and demonstrated via the configuration in his other thread on this topic. I fully agree

@blaugrana didn't you ask the same question in your other thread about the colour.

You like all the things that make it look like you don't want it to look like

I'd get a Land Rover Defender if you want that kind of a vehicle. Just get the real deal.
I know, just don't know what to chose... I'm a Mercedes-lover, but still in doubt with the Jaguar F-Pace... Big problems ;-)
Old 09-26-2016, 06:10 PM

right to be forgotten
Hehehe if you can wait a month i will photograph them side by side as my neighbour has the following pace 3.0 model s.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:11 AM

Mercedes E Coupe
Hehehe if you can wait a month i will photograph them side by side as my neighbour has the following pace 3.0 model s.
Can't wait ;-)

The glc 350e wil drive much more plesant then the f-pace 2.0, but I'm afraid the glc will be too much the same as my current e coupe.

on the other side the glc will be worth more over 5 years and maybe I'm tired of the f pace within 3 years...

difficult choice
Old 09-27-2016, 03:19 AM

right to be forgotten
Would the f-pace 3.0 an option? It is pretty amazing to drive, and to me the right engine to show off what it can do, and it is really agile.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:20 AM

Mercedes E Coupe
Would the f-pace 3.0 an option? It is pretty amazing to drive, and to me the right engine to show off what it can do, and it is really agile.
I wish, but you pay too much taxes for that in Belgium... :-(
Old 09-27-2016, 03:34 AM

right to be forgotten
Yes I keep on forgetting that. It's been a while since I've moved to the UK and got used to slightly more relaxed options. I'm still not over the shock that when I used the configurator for the Netherlands, my same car came out at over twice as expensive. Even made I made allowances for the BPM they have in the Netherlands and higher VAT rate it still didn't explain a further €25K difference.

I'm 'spoiled' in the UK for the moment albeit not as much as the US is. Perhaps after Brexit we can get them as cheap as the US gets the cars
Old 09-27-2016, 03:45 AM

Mercedes E Coupe
Yes I keep on forgetting that. It's been a while since I've moved to the UK and got used to slightly more relaxed options. I'm still not over the shock that when I used the configurator for the Netherlands, my same car came out at over twice as expensive. Even made I made allowances for the BPM they have in the Netherlands and higher VAT rate it still didn't explain a further €25K difference.

I'm 'spoiled' in the UK for the moment albeit not as much as the US is. Perhaps after Brexit we can get them as cheap as the US gets the cars
Hehe :-)

What demotivates me for the GLC is that you have to wait 7 months
Old 09-27-2016, 05:07 AM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by Blaugrana
Hehe :-)

What demotivates me for the GLC is that you have to wait 7 months
I would try a different car dealer. I ordered mine to my spec on 10/9, got the build slot confirmed two days later at 13/10 with estimated delivery at the port in the UK on 25/10.

I'm aware of others who ordered before me with longer waits, I would think there may be Mercedes dealers out there that have some allocations that are sooner, or perhaps have a car on the system that they can re-adjust.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:11 AM

Mercedes E Coupe
I would try a different car dealer. I ordered mine to my spec on 10/9, got the build slot confirmed two days later at 13/10 with estimated delivery at the port in the UK on 25/10.

I'm aware of others who ordered before me with longer waits, I would think there may be Mercedes dealers out there that have some allocations that are sooner, or perhaps have a car on the system that they can re-adjust.
I now have an offer for a glc 350e stock model, black with amg styling, night package, 19" amg wheels... available in october!

What do you think?
cons: No sidesteps, no burmeister soundsystem, no chrome rails, no 20" wheels. (Maybe they can add the sidesteps and 20" at the dealership?)
Old 09-27-2016, 05:51 AM

right to be forgotten
Your choice I like it without the sidesteps, but never listened to the audio without burmester sound system so no idea how good it is as standard. I'm surprised about the 19" wheels as I thought in Belgium the AMG line comes as standard with 20".

To me no burmester would be a deal breaker but my girls like to listen to good clubbing music and we are used to the Harmon Kardon in our GL with surround and subwoofer. Only you can tell whether that is ok for you.

I'm sure they can do the sidesteps at the dealer, but the wheels increase would be a lot more expensive that way as you don't have the offset of the standard wheels. Also double check which 19" AMG wheels, I think they do all silver or silver/black. I think the latter ones are the ones to have with the night package personally.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:01 AM

Mercedes E Coupe
Your choice I like it without the sidesteps, but never listened to the audio without burmester sound system so no idea how good it is as standard. I'm surprised about the 19" wheels as I thought in Belgium the AMG line comes as standard with 20".

To me no burmester would be a deal breaker but my girls like to listen to good clubbing music and we are used to the Harmon Kardon in our GL with surround and subwoofer. Only you can tell whether that is ok for you.

I'm sure they can do the sidesteps at the dealer, but the wheels increase would be a lot more expensive that way as you don't have the offset of the standard wheels. Also double check which 19" AMG wheels, I think they do all silver or silver/black. I think the latter ones are the ones to have with the night package personally.
I'm also used to listen to Harman Kardon in my E coupe, but waiting 7 months for the Burmaister alone... :/

Maybe the car will look "taller" with the 19" instead of 20"?

If I'm correct, the car will ook as config below:

Old 09-27-2016, 06:39 AM

right to be forgotten
Looks nice
Old 09-27-2016, 12:47 PM

Received 139 Likes on 124 Posts
2015 ML350, 2021 BMW X3, 1991 190E
VAT tax Question

Just wondering how much is the VAT tax on a new car over there. Would be interesting to know since some of the US politicians are starting to talk about it over here in the USA.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:26 PM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by Isawelvis
Just wondering how much is the VAT tax on a new car over there. Would be interesting to know since some of the US politicians are starting to talk about it over here in the USA.
VAT (Sales Tax) is different in each European country. In the UK it is 20% at the moment, in the Netherlands it is 21%.

However that is not the full story, for example in the Netherlands they have something called BPM - I used to call it the luxury tax. Basically (in my interpretation) cars a deemed not essential therefore attract further taxation. It is a complicated calculation and the rule change, at the moment it is emissions based so on a GLC43 with 187grams CO, you'll have to add an additional flat fee of €13,129 plus €478 for each gram over 174grams/km. So a fair chunk of money. And then diesel has a further surcharge of €86.49 per grams/km over 67grams/km. I'm not sure whether it is still the case, but the VAT was charged after the BPM was added, so taxation on taxation. That is how our 'free' healthcare is paid for And yes some people think it is free

However zero emissions vehicles are excluded from the BPM. And that is how you see so many Tesla S vehicles as a Taxi nowadays. Whilst more expensive, it is actually cheaper.

The UK isn't too bad luckily, car prices are very reasonable. With some crazy lease deals going on at times. And generally the vehicles are much high specification with options as standard.

Hope that helps.