GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Aftermarket wheels for GLC43?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 09:55 PM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Aftermarket wheels for GLC43?

Has anyone on here changed wheels yet (couldn't find anything searching here or Google)

I'm wanting to put winters on the stock 20's and get either 20" or 21" wheels on a 9" or 9.5" up front and 10.5" rear. (Whatever the widest is that won't push out past the fenders)

Hoping someone has done this already?
Old 09-09-2017, 09:11 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by scotchy
Has anyone on here changed wheels yet (couldn't find anything searching here or Google)

I'm wanting to put winters on the stock 20's and get either 20" or 21" wheels on a 9" or 9.5" up front and 10.5" rear. (Whatever the widest is that won't push out past the fenders)

Hoping someone has done this already?
For winters, most recommend going narrow, not wider so you can cut through snow - like skis.
I have stock 21", but bought aftermarket winter wheel package - 19" Pirelli Scorpion Winters on BBS wheels.
Even on my old BMW, it had stock 20", but the only OEM winter wheel was a 19".
The following users liked this post:
scotchy (09-09-2017)
Old 09-09-2017, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by mleun481
For winters, most recommend going narrow, not wider so you can cut through snow - like skis.
I have stock 21", but bought aftermarket winter wheel package - 19" Pirelli Scorpion Winters on BBS wheels.
The 21's are really nice, I wanted them but there was nothing local that had them and the options I wanted.
On our BMW I ran non staggered, it was rear wheel drive so it helped alot. (Last year was an anomaly and we had a lot of snow) Ultimately we normally only get a dusting of snow maybe once a year so snow tires aren't usually needed. I know it's not ideal but being as sometimes we go a few years with none at all I'm ok staying staggered.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:04 AM

GLC43
The 21's are really nice, I wanted them but there was nothing local that had them and the options I wanted.
On our BMW I ran non staggered, it was rear wheel drive so it helped alot. (Last year was an anomaly and we had a lot of snow) Ultimately we normally only get a dusting of snow maybe once a year so snow tires aren't usually needed. I know it's not ideal but being as sometimes we go a few years with none at all I'm ok staying staggered.
Ok, yes - if you don't get much snow, then you should be fine. If you're going to get winters, I would get them now - depending on which one you want, they may not be in stock for a while. I ordered mine in August and the ones I wanted were out of stock til Oct. Then it got updated to Nov, so I changed the wheels and they're actually out for delivery today.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:29 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43AMG
Originally Posted by mleun481
did your 19" wheels fit? based on similar sentiments I went ahead and purchased a set of 19x8 38mm offset wheels with 235/55/19 Nokian winters and they don't clear the AMG calipers....

Dave
Old 10-18-2017, 09:10 PM

Shoot that's crappy Dave.
Where is it not fitting? Front spoke side of the calipers? According to an offset calculator you should be 8mm further from the suspension, which is good, but 4mm retracted from the outside edge of the fender compared to the stock wheels. If it's the face of the caliper that it's hitting a spacer can fix it. If not that's too bad!

Originally Posted by DPelletier
did your 19" wheels fit? based on similar sentiments I went ahead and purchased a set of 19x8 38mm offset wheels with 235/55/19 Nokian winters and they don't clear the AMG calipers....

Dave
Old 10-19-2017, 10:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43AMG
Shoot that's crappy Dave.
Where is it not fitting? Front spoke side of the calipers? According to an offset calculator you should be 8mm further from the suspension, which is good, but 4mm retracted from the outside edge of the fender compared to the stock wheels. If it's the face of the caliper that it's hitting a spacer can fix it. If not that's too bad!
I didn't see it; I was working so I had my wife drop the vehicle off at the tire store. She called and said that they rims don't fit and hit the calipers.....the comment was "not even close to fitting". I asked about spacers (not that I really wanted to use them, especially with the "crabbing issue" but the tire store had no line on them and recommended a different brand of rim. I ordered them and they'll be here in 10 days so we'll see.

FWIW, 38mm offset should be the same as the stock 19" wheels from what I could find on a search; the 20's and 21"s are 40mm

Dave
Old 10-19-2017, 11:32 PM

Hopefully they get it right this time! Post pics when you get them. There seems to be a bit of space for the rears but with the front there's next to no space between the suspension and the rim with the 20". If you reach in behind I can't get my pinky between the rim and suspension. Looking at the lack of space between the rim and the caliper it's surprising a 19" can fit.
Here's a simple calculator to see how offsets/rim width changes.
http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#

I didn't see it; I was working so I had my wife drop the vehicle off at the tire store. She called and said that they rims don't fit and hit the calipers.....the comment was "not even close to fitting". I asked about spacers (not that I really wanted to use them, especially with the "crabbing issue" but the tire store had no line on them and recommended a different brand of rim. I ordered them and they'll be here in 10 days so we'll see.

FWIW, 38mm offset should be the same as the stock 19" wheels from what I could find on a search; the 20's and 21"s are 40mm

Dave
DPelletier (10-20-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 05:00 PM

GLC43

Dave
Yes, the 19" did fit and does clear the calipers. I bought BBS SX 19x8.5 offset: 32mm. For the winter tires, I got 255/50R19 Pirelli Scorpion Winter Run Flat. I've added some pics below...

DPelletier (10-22-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 06:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 GLC43 AMG
Here winter tires are mandatory and yes I always buy a second set of wheels for all my cars. Opted for a set of 4x 19" 8.5 +45 offset "Fast FC04" in a black winter certified finish. https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=fc04&fn=metallic+black&v=merce des-amg_2017_glc43_4matic+(x253)-4matic+(x253)_s_pp&dm=19 Had Blizzak DM-V2 mounted on them. Opted to go with 19" all around non staggered in a 235/55R19. FYI, both of these wheels and tires are also available in staggered if you want to go this route. I have not yet put them on as it's practically still summer here but they do look great.

Last edited by Midnightsun; 10-22-2017 at 06:15 AM.