GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

What have been common problems in the GLC300 series?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 11:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2011 ML350
But if it's a lease, you've got to return it with extended-mobility (i.e., run-flat) tires.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
I have not heard the sqeaky toy noise with my GLC300 - however, a vehicle i had back in college, a nissan had the same squeky toy noise. It ended up being the cushion inside the hood at the end corners. They tend to be like little adjustable cushion screws, and the squeak would be gone after I would adjust that little cushion. Not sure if the GLC has these same cushions, i am kinda lazy to go check them out as I am typing this, but if you have time take a look at the hood, at the far end of the corners there may be this little adjustable cushion. Hope it helps.

Originally Posted by wkc987
I have the 2020 GLC almost 1 year now. I experienced two rattle noises and I would like to know if anyone has any opinion on the second noise.

The 1st one is easy to identify: it is some kind of metal knocking noise coming from the driver side rear seat. It is simple to diagnose by folding the seat down, and noise was gone. The solution for me is to put some duct tape on the rear seat latch (The latch that is mounted on the panel, not the one on the seat).

The 2nd one is the most difficult one, and I still do not have any clue how/what causes that. And this noise still exist sometimes when I drive. If anyone experienced this before, please share your opinion. (Sometimes it is hard to describe type of noise so I have a audio mp3 file attached. The audio is captured with my phone which is placed on the wireless charging area.)
The noise is similar to a squeaky toy noise while going through uneven road. The noise seems to be from the front seat/console area. I tried rolling down my windows to see if I can hear anything outside but I didn't. It happens with a 50% chance when I drive on the same road everyday. Once the noise is triggered, I would hear the noise more or less in the whole trip.
I took the vehicle to dealer but unfortunately noise did not appear while test driving it with them...
Old 07-29-2021, 11:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,934 Likes on 3,098 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by mikapen
Hmmm. It seems that SOMEone ( @chassis perhaps?) is making continual claims to that effect. Am I reading wrong?

Also wrong is your claim that I am a former Mercedes employee. Next?
Yes, you are reading wrong(ly).
Old 08-04-2021, 01:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have two warning error message today. The car wouldn't start when I press on the start/stop button. It shows parking brake malfunction. Switch on and off and try again and then it shows SRS malfunction. Any idea what is happening? Car is driving smoothly for 1.5 years. It is a 2020MY.