GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Noisy Windscreen Wipers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz 250d
Noisy Windscreen Wipers

I picked up my nearly new GLC250d at the end of December 2017. I reported it back to the dealership because of noise and juddering wipers. So far they have replaced the wipers several times, cleaned the screen many more times and replaced all the mechanism and motor but it is still a problem.
MB are now saying that I have to have the screen cleaned with a special 'product' applied by them around every week for the life of the car.
I am now trying to give the car back to MB but they are stating that there is nothing wrong with it despite videos etc showing the poor and noisy operation and all the mechanism and wipers shaking themselves to bits!
Does anybody else have this issue in the UK?
Old 06-05-2018, 07:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 GLC300, 13 PorscheC4S, 12 Porsche Cayman S
I see this is your first post. The first thing to do when you have a question is to do a search. This issue has seen a lot of posts on this forum. A search will return a few hours reading.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:44 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by MB User
I picked up my nearly new GLC250d at the end of December 2017. I reported it back to the dealership because of noise and juddering wipers. So far they have replaced the wipers several times, cleaned the screen many more times and replaced all the mechanism and motor but it is still a problem.
MB are now saying that I have to have the screen cleaned with a special 'product' applied by them around every week for the life of the car.
I am now trying to give the car back to MB but they are stating that there is nothing wrong with it despite videos etc showing the poor and noisy operation and all the mechanism and wipers shaking themselves to bits!
Does anybody else have this issue in the UK?
i had same problem. 2 months in wipers were replaced. same noisy issue. after about 3 months (not a lot of rain ) went away. they were pretty quiet
10k service at 1 year. new wipers. problem was back as it first was. a few weeks and a few rains later they are pretty quiet again. not whisper quiet - ive had better wipers - but quiet enough that its not annoying
i think they just need a little time to break in
and yes MB needs to change to better wipers.
cant wait for good aftermarkets to be available. these seem like cheap rubber wipers. i usually buy silicone wipers and never disappointed
Old 06-05-2018, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
There is some sort of coating on the factory wipers, and it's just terrible. It seems to only affect the 205/253 mainly though.

For me, when i've done the cleaning process properly, with the intensive cleaner mentioned in the bulletin, they rarely come back. Something about the wiper compound sticks/jumps on anything but a very clean glass surface, and it's not tolerant at all of anything. There's some sort of wax/coating the cars have from new, I don't know if it's manufacturing grease or a wax the cars get before shipping, but it leaves a streaky residue and once cleaned the wipers will be quiet, even with the old blades still there (the bulletin does say to install new blades with any repair)
Old 06-06-2018, 05:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC, Q7
Had to replace windscreen due to 2 stone chips. To the dismay of NRMA insurance, insisted on MB doing the work. MB replacement is a genuine and surprising, the wiper issue is now gone.