GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

2019 GLC Coupe Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Range rover evoque
2019 GLC Coupe Order

I went in today to work up options on a 2019 GLC Coupe. When we got to the end and started the negotiations the salesman promptly advised me that they are not offering discounts on 2019s due to the demand of the vehicle. I quoted several resources found here and other forums where discounts were given and still he wouldn't cooperate. Is anyone else getting discounts on 2019s in the Texas area? I left disappointed today.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLB 250
When I bought my 2018 GLC SUV the dealer told me she had more ability to negotiate on an SUV than on a coupe. However, the idea of "no discounts" would not fly with me. Shop it around -- you can do better than that. Let them know the BMW dealer is discounting X3s.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:53 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
I had a similar experience in April 2017 when I decided to order a 2018 GLC. A couple of dealers were completely un-receptive to any sort of deal making and said No Discount. Period.

Send an email and list exactly what you intend to order and ask for a price quote. If they quote MSRP tell them you are ready to order from the first dealer who will meet your terms. It will quickly become apparent who wants your business and who doesn't. I ended up with 6% off my order, good but not great. Pricing was not yet available, so the easiest way to reach an agreement was "MSRP minus X%".
Old 08-12-2018, 11:11 PM

Range rover evoque
Originally Posted by mtberman
I had a similar experience in April 2017 when I decided to order a 2018 GLC. A couple of dealers were completely un-receptive to any sort of deal making and said No Discount. Period.

Send an email and list exactly what you intend to order and ask for a price quote. If they quote MSRP tell them you are ready to order from the first dealer who will meet your terms. It will quickly become apparent who wants your business and who doesn't. I ended up with 6% off my order, good but not great. Pricing was not yet available, so the easiest way to reach an agreement was "MSRP minus X%".
Thanks for the advice! I did just that. I emailed and called several dealerships local and not local. I found 5 willing to give discounts. Most ranged from 1% to 2% off MSRP. I found 1 willing to do 4% who I've decided to go with. Just waiting for the deposit request. I did notice the discounts were better in other states unfortunately.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:27 PM

GLC 300 Coupe
Good morning! New here and just placed a deposit yesterday for my 2019 GLC 300 Coupe + AMG Line + Night Package. The dealership had it in stock and explain that they usually do not offer discounts on cars like this because they are "in-demand" and are more "niche cars. Pure salesman bull I'm sure.

However when I made them an offer for approximately %5 off total out of pocket cost, they agreed.

I think it helped that I told them I had a pre-approved loan from my bank. Or maybe it didn't but I felt comfortable with the 5 percent off. Getting everything I wanted except the Advanced LED Lights package which I am convincing myself I can live without.

NY area. Hope this helps!
Old 09-03-2018, 11:40 AM

Range rover evoque
Originally Posted by Athyrnox
Good morning! New here and just placed a deposit yesterday for my 2019 GLC 300 Coupe + AMG Line + Night Package. The dealership had it in stock and explain that they usually do not offer discounts on cars like this because they are "in-demand" and are more "niche cars. Pure salesman bull I'm sure.

However when I made them an offer for approximately %5 off total out of pocket cost, they agreed.

I think it helped that I told them I had a pre-approved loan from my bank. Or maybe it didn't but I felt comfortable with the 5 percent off. Getting everything I wanted except the Advanced LED Lights package which I am convincing myself I can live without.

NY area. Hope this helps!
Congrats on sealing your deal!
Old 11-19-2018, 01:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 300
DONT BUY GLC!!

If you value your and your family's health, DO NOT BUY A GLC. If you are not aware, Google Mercedes hvac class action lawsuit. There is a defect in the hvac system that creates MOLD and when you run your ac, air filled with mold spores are being sprayed into the cabin. You and your family will be breathing this air in. Mercedes denies the problem and does nothing to help us. I have GLC 2018 and I've had this problem since my car was 2 months old. I regret buying it. No lemon law attorney will take my case and Mercedes dealers do NOTHING to help us. Run away, dont walk away from mercedes.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:15 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
2019 GLC 300 - Coupe
Whereabouts in any of the class action lawsuits do they reference ANY GLC Model?.... Ill save those from bothering to click... THEY DONT...

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2...-lawsuit.shtml

https://www.lieffcabraser.com/defect...-benz-ac-mold/

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...s-mold-growth/

Get the F*** out of here with your bull**** conspiracies.

Try removing the tin foil hat and actually take a shower regularly - may I suggest some Dove... Then your car will smell better... F***n Joke over here.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:30 AM

GLC 300
DONT BUY GLC!!

Welp, sounds like SOMEONE already ordered a 2019!!!!!

Let me help everyone else out,

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t55916_ds711183?sntEmlId=2278018244#msg897273

You, specifically, can use the find function and search GLC, snce you clearly don't have many brain cells left!!
Old 11-19-2018, 11:49 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
2019 GLC 300 - Coupe
So lets just disregard DOCUMENTED class action lawsuits and legal web sites which have no mention of the GLC - but lets only go on the fact that one forum has a few members complaining.

Did you search this forum for any mold complaints? Or how about glcforums.com - anything?

Of course lets just listen to the person living in the State who elected Arnold as Governor.... Sorry I meant the guy living in the Country who elected Trump as President...

Wait Wait my bad - the guy living in the country where suing someone over some bull**** is as common as getting a parking ticket (you ever watch your beloved Judge Judy?)

Let me guess - you're an NRA supporter too.

But im the one without many brain cells left. Open your eyes - there is a reason no lawyer will take your case. Stop complaining about everything in this world and try focusing on some real issues
Old 11-19-2018, 02:04 PM

2019 GLC 300 Coupe
7% off from my dealer. (Bay area CA)
I placed the order(self build) on end of July, and got my car on Nov. 1st.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 GLC 300
Originally Posted by Brandon C
So lets just disregard DOCUMENTED class action lawsuits and legal web sites which have no mention of the GLC - but lets only go on the fact that one forum has a few members complaining.

Did you search this forum for any mold complaints? Or how about glcforums.com - anything?

Of course lets just listen to the person living in the State who elected Arnold as Governor.... Sorry I meant the guy living in the Country who elected Trump as President...

Wait Wait my bad - the guy living in the country where suing someone over some bull**** is as common as getting a parking ticket (you ever watch your beloved Judge Judy?)

Let me guess - you're an NRA supporter too.

But im the one without many brain cells left. Open your eyes - there is a reason no lawyer will take your case. Stop complaining about everything in this world and try focusing on some real issues
I highly doubt Moldman is into Trump or the NRA, but just ignore him and he'll go away.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:06 PM

GLC 300
DONT BUY GLC!!

LMFAO how does this have ANYTHING to do with CA, trump or the NRA!!!! You guys have **** for brains to even bring that up or assume that I support any of those things.

Look, its alright to admit that you already bought or ordered a GLC. ITS ALRIGHT!!!!! Just don't pretend like the problem does not exist, when it does.

Those of you talking **** are only doing so probably for that very reason, because you already bought a GLC!!!!

I REGRET BUYING MINE. Now I'm stuck with, wait for it....... A LEMON!!!! If you guys weren't so stupid you'd understand that the reason behind the class action lawsuit is breach of warranty!!!!

Lemon law lawyers are hesitant to take these cases because the whole situation is ****ed!!! Why take these cases with enthusiasm when theres a class action lawsuit due to mercedes refusing to apply the vehicles warranty to the known problems?

QUIET SIMPLE, BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT SIMPLE ENOUGH FOR YOU BITTER NEW OR SOON TO BE GLC OWNERS.

Just wait until after summer starts, you can try to babysit your AC, if that's what you think a luxury vehicle should require, but guess what....that still doesn't work!!!!

Old 11-22-2018, 05:13 PM

GLC 300
DONT BUY GLC!!

P.S. You all mustve missed this one.

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...old-smell.html
Old 11-23-2018, 09:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 GLC 300
Originally Posted by B591
P.S. You all mustve missed this one.

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...old-smell.html
Try the tips mentioned and let us know if one of those solves your problem. This forum is a great resource so we're all just trying to help each other out.

Leaving the climate control on AUTO has worked for me so give it a try. Makes sense overall and when it's on AUTO I never adjust anything except temp up and down. An easy solution - and almost every car has the potential for this to happen as I've mentioned recently and in previous posts.

Last edited by brady; 11-23-2018 at 09:18 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Chrisk03 (11-23-2018)
Old 11-23-2018, 01:12 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by brady
Try the tips mentioned and let us know if one of those solves your problem. This forum is a great resource so we're all just trying to help each other out.

Leaving the climate control on AUTO has worked for me so give it a try. Makes sense overall and when it's on AUTO I never adjust anything except temp up and down. An easy solution - and almost every car has the potential for this to happen as I've mentioned recently and in previous posts.

I have tried the tips mentioned. They do NOT work, the smell comes back. The smell is no where near as bad right now as it is in the summer but this is only because I dont run the ac right now because the weather has changed. I have tried everything and guess what, the dealer has tried everything too, the smell always comes back.

Do you think it's fair that we have to babysit the ac in our luxury car? Every car has potential for this to happen....yet none of my past cars, luxury or not, have had this problem. Makes no sense.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLB 250
I've made my GLC for 5 months. I'm in FL and use the A/C constantly. No problems here.

I'm quite experienced with the Lemon Law in Florida. If you have this problem in Florida, I recommend a Lemon Law claim. You don't need a lawyer, and the existence of the class action doesn't matter. Perhaps other states are not as consumer-friendly.