GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Front Camera and Traffic Signal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes GLC 300
Front Camera and Traffic Signal

I just bought a 2020 GLC 300. I love the car, but am experiencing a weird quirk that I can't seem to find a solution for. When I approach a red light and stop, the front camera activates on the screen and remains active until the light changes and I begin to drive again. It's an annoyance because it takes me away from whatever was on my screen (navigation, telephone call or music) and I have to hit the home button to get back to where I was. I feeling like I've checked every setting and can't find a way to turn this off and I don't see the benefit of the front camera activating when I am sitting at a traffic light. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
abacnus (01-21-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 07:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 GLC300W4
This happened to me after I got mine. When I slowed down for a stop sign, the camera would open on the rear. It did not display anything. Then when I got back up to speed, it would close again.

You have to re-calibrate the camera system. Drive the car at low speed (I think below 10 or 15 MPH) on a road that has lane lines painted on it. The camera needs to see the lines. Once is re-calibrates, you will hear the camera door close and you should be good.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:21 PM

Mercedes GLC 300
Originally Posted by KYGLC300
This happened to me after I got mine. When I slowed down for a stop sign, the camera would open on the rear. It did not display anything. Then when I got back up to speed, it would close again.

You have to re-calibrate the camera system. Drive the car at low speed (I think below 10 or 15 MPH) on a road that has lane lines painted on it. The camera needs to see the lines. Once is re-calibrates, you will hear the camera door close and you should be good.
Thanks! I’ll try that.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Another possibility is that a proximity sensor is bad or needs calibration. The dealer can run a Parktronic calibration and/or replace a sensor that's out of spec.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:59 PM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
2020 GLC 300
It's just a guess but the altered reality navigation uses the camera with the directions overlayed, perhaps something is on the fritz in that logic? After a service I had a weird situation where every time I started the car it started navigating back to the service department. Switching user profiles fixed it for me.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:32 AM

Mercedes GLC 300
I discovered a solution to this problem today. I deleted my driver profile and created a new one and the problem immediately went away. Thanks for all of the advice. It was very irritating.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:11 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2021 GLE 450
mine does it. whats the problem? there is literally nothing on the screen at an intersection that you need to see when stopped. I dont see the problem because there is no problem
Old 01-27-2020, 02:37 PM

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Originally Posted by KYGLC300

Here is how at least on my GLC 300 to control the screen coming on. Go to the Home Screen and open Navigation / Lower Corner click the "Start" / bringing up the "Settings" and "Advanced" / Open it and go to " Augmented" settings / scroll down to the "Traffic Light View" / Select what you want the screen to do. In your case "Off",

The following users liked this post:
Tim_P (10-15-2020)