Factory Cost to Retro Fit Park Tronic Park Assist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC Coupe 300 Prem Plus
Exclamation Factory Cost to Retro Fit Park Tronic Park Assist

Hello,

I wondered if anyone might know how much it might cost to factory fit or retro fit in a fully functional Par Tronic Park Assist feature on the GLC Coupe? The full system where the car parks for you in a parallel, reverse bay or front bay space.

Thanks
Old 08-18-2021, 03:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,051 Likes on 972 Posts
1999 E300TD
What BS have you ever thought of contacting a dealer for your answer
Old 08-18-2021, 06:51 PM

GLC Coupe 300 Prem Plus
Originally Posted by Plutoe
What BS have you ever thought of contacting a dealer for your answer
i have and they said its not possible. I have recently taken delivery of a 2021 GLC Coupe and although I have the park tronic assist system in the car its been disbaled by Mercedes due to the UNR79 law prohibiting autonomous driving systems.

upon further research I understand this doesn’t affect the likes of Audi, VW, BMW and even Ford as they have adapted their technology so that customers can still use their features such as prk assist or lane assist etcc…. Meaning Mercedes just havn’t been bothered to do the same thing!

i wonder if anyone else who is more clued up on this in here can shed anymore light
Old 08-20-2021, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Originally Posted by APAMG90
i have and they said its not possible. I have recently taken delivery of a 2021 GLC Coupe and although I have the park tronic assist system in the car its been disbaled by Mercedes due to the UNR79 law prohibiting autonomous driving systems.

upon further research I understand this doesn’t affect the likes of Audi, VW, BMW and even Ford as they have adapted their technology so that customers can still use their features such as prk assist or lane assist etcc…. Meaning Mercedes just havn’t been bothered to do the same thing!

i wonder if anyone else who is more clued up on this in here can shed anymore light
"Audi, VW, BWW and even Ford" allows customers to add those features later? I don't believe it. No, I'm not gonna research it.
Old 08-22-2021, 09:41 PM

GLC Coupe 300 Prem Plus
Originally Posted by E55 KEV
"Audi, VW, BWW and even Ford" allows customers to add those features later? I don't believe it. No, I'm not gonna research it.

You don’t have to research it - I spoke to dealers mentioned above and they have said to me their cars still come equipped and are fully functional with the parking systems. So decided to test an Audi, VW and BMW all 21 cars and the system was fully functional and working on their cars — they have updated their steering functionality allowing them to use the features Mercedes have only done this so far for the new E class and S class - and the new c class coming out next year. Meaning cars made before March 2021 will have all their Park assists disabled.

research done for you
Old 08-23-2021, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You don’t have to research it - I spoke to dealers mentioned above and they have said to me their cars still come equipped and are fully functional with the parking systems. So decided to test an Audi, VW and BMW all 21 cars and the system was fully functional and working on their cars — they have updated their steering functionality allowing them to use the features Mercedes have only done this so far for the new E class and S class - and the new c class coming out next year. Meaning cars made before March 2021 will have all their Park assists disabled.

research done for you
Still don't believe it! If you not satisfied with your Mercedes please replace it as soon as possible with an Audi, VW or BMW.

Perhaps you should have put all your effort, time, information, researching and resources into testing an researching a vehicle prior to buying it. With all your testing and information you could be completely satisfied with no buyers remorse and driving a Tiguan instead of a GLC.

Last edited by E55 KEV; 08-23-2021 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:32 PM

GLC Coupe 300 Prem Plus
Still don't believe it! If you not satisfied with your Mercedes please replace it as soon as possible with an Audi, VW or BMW.

Perhaps you should have put all your effort, time, information, researching and resources into testing an researching a vehicle prior to buying it. With all your testing and information you could be completely satisfied with no buyers remorse and driving a Tiguan instead of a GLC.

I’m satisfied with the car just not satisfied with the service and poor lack of information provided from MB’s part. Of course I test drove the car and even used the park assist function in the test drive there was no mention at that point from the salesperson or dealer that the car would come with the system disabled. So why would I think otherwise?

I created this thread to see if anyone else had been affected by this obviously you are one of the lucky ones having an older car which hasn’t been affected by this issue. Like I said its for 2021 models from March onwards - however you may be in for a shick when you next take your car in for service 😂
Old 08-27-2021, 04:41 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
2019 GLC 300 - Coupe

Sheesh - your comments are an absolute waste of time and effort. Rather then act like a complete Mercedes snob - why not consider offering positive help or even better - just shut the **** up and dont comment...

To the OP - You do not have your location shown - but there is a shop here in the Greater Toronto Area (Canada) - where they are experts with re-programming, retrofitting and adding/activating software features to MB cars that are not stock and dealers wont do. If you are not in the area - you can possibly just give them a call and see if activating the feature is even possible. If they cant do it - Id say its no possible.

https://www.mbhouse.ca/

Old 08-27-2021, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Brandon C
Sheesh - your comments are an absolute waste of time and effort. Rather then act like a complete Mercedes snob - why not consider offering positive help or even better - just shut the **** up and dont comment..
No what your Momma said last night! LOL
Old 08-27-2021, 07:56 PM

GLC Coupe 300 Prem Plus
No what your Momma said last night! LOL

time to upgrade your 2016 vechicles pal I wouldn’t expect you to have a proper conversation or offer up any positive talk on this thread considering its only affecting 2021 models - Don’t worry though I’m sure that 2002 E55 still has another 19 years left in my friend
Old 08-27-2021, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

time to upgrade your 2016 vechicles pal I wouldn’t expect you to have a proper conversation or offer up any positive talk on this thread considering its only affecting 2021 models - Don’t worry though I’m sure that 2002 E55 still has another 19 years left in my friend
LOL! Guess you weren't satisfied that I gave you the last word on your previous post. Sad! You have 8 forum post and that other idiot has 130 so that makes both you quite insignificant.

I don't upgrade cars anymore. I plan to add a 2023 Generation 4 E63s to my Gen 1 and Gen 3 collection. I regret not buying a new 2009 Gen 2 E63.

Yes I plan on still having my 2002 E55 AMG another 19 years just like Jay Leno, he has the same W210 E55 in his collection. The W210 E55 was a milestone/benchmark Mercedes vehicle. Jay Leno collects cars that have history, significance and importance. Is their any significance or milestone or benchmark in what you drive? Nope, None, didn't think so. However, you actually try to belittle or bash what I drive. Pathetic!

Your 2021 still can't keep up with or be as exciting to drive as a 19 year old E55.

Last edited by E55 KEV; 08-27-2021 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2021, 07:58 AM

GLC Coupe 300 Prem Plus
LOL! Guess you weren't satisfied that I gave you the last word on your previous post. Sad! You have 8 forum post and that other idiot has 130 so that makes both you quite insignificant.

I don't upgrade cars anymore. I plan to add a 2023 Generation 4 E63s to my Gen 1 and Gen 3 collection. I regret not buying a new 2009 Gen 2 E63.

Yes I plan on still having my 2002 E55 AMG another 19 years just like Jay Leno, he has the same W210 E55 in his collection. The W210 E55 was a milestone/benchmark Mercedes vehicle. Jay Leno collects cars that have history, significance and importance. Is their any significance or milestone or benchmark in what you drive? Nope, None, didn't think so. However, you actually try to belittle or bash what I drive. Pathetic!

Your 2021 still can't keep up with or be as exciting to drive as a 19 year old E55.
🤣🤣🤣 are you trying to compare yourself to Jay Leno?
the fact that your first reply to my thread was with thr upmost stupidity, naivity and pure arrogance shows exactly the type of human you are. The fact i took time out to write my post and ask for help on this forum and your first response was to say -

“I dont belive it its BS and no Im not going to research it”

first of all why would I lie, secondly why was there the need for you to even comment in the first place if you don’t believe it and not going to do research on it???

You should of read it and carried on with your day but no you chose to reply with a BS response, just like your BS car you drive, which matches your BS attitude and also matches your BS life

stupid little man 🤣🤣🤣
Old 08-28-2021, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

WOW! A GLC owner says my AMG's are BS!

just like your BS car you drive, which matches your BS attitude and also matches your BS life
Dude you are crazy!

Old 08-28-2021, 10:01 AM

GLC Coupe 300 Prem Plus
Dude you are crazy!
Old 11-03-2022, 06:11 AM

glc 300
I created this thread to see if anyone else had been affected by this obviously you are one of the lucky ones having an older car which hasn’t been affected by this issue.
hi. I had same issue. We bought a 2020 GLC 300. We test drove vehicles with Parking Assistance with Parktronic. Then salesman showed us the color combo we wanted and we did not realize until next day or so that the one we picked did not have the parking sensors. Huge disappointment.

We had an aftermarket system installed but not happy with it. I don’t see why the dealer cannot install the parking sensors as thought we bought it factory. I mean, what if a car malfunctions or is in a crash and Parking Assistance with Parktronic needs to be replaced.

any luck with an alternative?

Old 11-03-2022, 10:40 AM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
2020 GLC300 touring version (but I miss my '93 300SE W140 tank)
We had a '21 GLC300 that had all the parking goodies. Turns out they we're all useless for our rural/travelling lifestyle. Traded it for a GLC with Driver Assist. Now THAT works awesomely!

As a side note: I see these TV ads where a car parks itself in places that are too small to allow opening doors. Did anybody think what the neighboring car owners would feel if they found a car parked so close they couldn't get back in their car?

Just sayin'
Old 11-03-2022, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,632 Likes on 1,202 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by edpare
We had a '21 GLC300 that had all the parking goodies. Turns out they we're all useless for our rural/travelling lifestyle. Traded it for a GLC with Driver Assist. Now THAT works awesomely!

As a side note: I see these TV ads where a car parks itself in places that are too small to allow opening doors. Did anybody think what the neighboring car owners would feel if they found a car parked so close they couldn't get back in their car?

Just sayin'
Mine won't even recognize a parking space too small to open doors. Not an issue.