GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

Known Issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2022 GLC 300
Unhappy Known Issue?

Hey guys I have a 2022 Certified Pre Owned GLC 300 that's new to me after driving it out of the dealership a month ago. Last week out of nowhere it almost fully stalled and started jerking as I was trying to normally accelerate. The Engine Diagnosis warning lamp came on immediately and I did not have normal acceleration.

Long story short apparently there is an issue with a bad fuel pump where fuel isn't being transferred possibly causing the jerking. Dealership got the new pump in the next day or two but it came with bad news. After the new pump is installed it requires a new seal installation as well. Dealership has told me there are none of those seals available in North America and they have to put in an order case for it to be built with MB in Germany. As of yesterday after my car has been at the dealership for over a week there is no current ETA they can provide on when they will receive. Service rep now claims he has 5 other cars including a 23 G Wagon with 600 miles also waiting on same seal. Has anyone experienced this or is it a known issue?

My GLC has 8k miles and was owned by the dealership as a maintenance loaner vehicle.I feel like this is a pretty serious issue with a fuel pump going bad so early into the life of the car. Is this something I should be worried about longterm that this vehicle could have constant problems or is this just an unfortunate one off type of issue that shouldn't have any correlating affect to more issues popping up.

Sorry for the long post but I appreciate the replies and feedback. Thank you. -Eric-
Old 05-04-2023, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Tell the dealer to stop being a bunch of pansies and reuse the old seal!
Old 05-04-2023, 09:23 PM

2022 GLC 300
Ha! If only!
Old 05-04-2023, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
I'm serious. Tell those knuckleheads it's a hydrogenated nitrile seal that is compression resistant and can be reused unless it's been physically and visually damaged. And make damn sure it's not some goofball trainee who's working on your car. Go down there in person and speak to the shop foreman, who hopefully, has some experience!

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 05-04-2023 at 09:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Eshan720 (05-04-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 10:32 PM

2022 GLC 300
Thank you for this I will definitely demand they do so if they're able if there's no reasonable eta for a new one early next week. One tech I've communicated with said they have to replace with a new once it's removed because of fuel leak risk. Maybe that means it was damaged but who knows they could be blowing smoke.
Old 05-05-2023, 08:04 AM

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Originally Posted by Eshan720
Hey guys I have a 2022 Certified Pre Owned GLC 300 that's new to me after driving it out of the dealership a month ago. Last week out of nowhere it almost fully stalled and started jerking as I was trying to normally accelerate. The Engine Diagnosis warning lamp came on immediately and I did not have normal acceleration.

Long story short apparently there is an issue with a bad fuel pump where fuel isn't being transferred possibly causing the jerking. Dealership got the new pump in the next day or two but it came with bad news. After the new pump is installed it requires a new seal installation as well. Dealership has told me there are none of those seals available in North America and they have to put in an order case for it to be built with MB in Germany. As of yesterday after my car has been at the dealership for over a week there is no current ETA they can provide on when they will receive. Service rep now claims he has 5 other cars including a 23 G Wagon with 600 miles also waiting on same seal. Has anyone experienced this or is it a known issue?

My GLC has 8k miles and was owned by the dealership as a maintenance loaner vehicle.I feel like this is a pretty serious issue with a fuel pump going bad so early into the life of the car. Is this something I should be worried about longterm that this vehicle could have constant problems or is this just an unfortunate one off type of issue that shouldn't have any correlating affect to more issues popping up.

Sorry for the long post but I appreciate the replies and feedback. Thank you. -Eric-
You might want to post to X253 which is for 2022 GLC. This X254 forum is for the new 2023 GLC.

Hopefully the 2023 models won’t have your issue. Looks like the supply problems still exist.

​​​​​​​
jnx13 (05-29-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 08:35 AM

2022 GLC 300
Originally Posted by DESAL
You might want to post to X253 which is for 2022 GLC. This X254 forum is for the new 2023 GLC.

Hopefully the 2023 models won’t have your issue. Looks like the supply problems still exist.
​​​​​​​Gotcha will do.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,512 Likes on 2,136 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
I wonder if the tech already discarded the the seal though
Streamliner (06-20-2023)