GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Took possession of GLC43 today - perfect experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550
Took possession of GLC43 today - perfect experience

I hope i am allowed to post this info and I am in the right area to share my experiences with MB of McKinney..
After a few month of waiting for my new GLC43, i got a call yesterday. The salesman was very exited and said the truck with my GLC43 just rolled in. Can you come today?- he said. Unfortunately, i could not.... So, today, i came and took my car home. Sweet ride.
As far as the experience with MB of McKinney, I could not ask for better. Very professional team, while other local MB dealers would not even consider price negotiation, the sales team at MB of McKinney did not shy away from this discussion and worked with me to make me happy. If anyone is interested, the folks to talk to are: my salesperson - Doug Burton; sales manager - Larry Reeg and last, but not least, finance manager - Ermin Komic. You would want to talk to Ermin about ELW and PPM. All of these gentlemen will do everything in their power to treat you right and make you happy.
As an example of the exceptional customer treatment, during the discussion on optional features for my car, Doug went out of his way to share his experiences and helped with pro/con assessment on those features that were questionable in my mind, or just took me to a vehicle that had a feature in question to show me how it worked and why it would be adventitious to have it.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Enjoy your 43 Tony, it is a really good car.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:32 AM
ELD

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes-Benz GLC43 AMG
Congratulations Tony. I took delivery of mine on Dec. 23rd (but haven't really driven the car yet as I'm waiting for the snow tires to be fitted).
Old 12-30-2017, 09:17 AM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Congrats and welcome to the club! Good to hear you had a great experience with your dealer. My dealer did a really good job too, and I'll be the first to admit I'm kind of a PITA to deal with when buying a car.

I love the 43 so far, but honestly haven't been able to drive it that much with the cold weather here in the Northeast, being out of town, etc. I've had it a little over a month now and only 275 miles. I have the 21's and debating on snow tires or just using my beater Corolla in the winter.

Follow the break-in procedure and enjoy!
Old 12-30-2017, 04:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by tonyv138
I hope i am allowed to post this info and I am in the right area to share my experiences with MB of McKinney..
After a few month of waiting for my new GLC43, i got a call yesterday. The salesman was very exited and said the truck with my GLC43 just rolled in. Can you come today?- he said. Unfortunately, i could not.... So, today, i came and took my car home. Sweet ride.
As far as the experience with MB of McKinney, I could not ask for better. Very professional team, while other local MB dealers would not even consider price negotiation, the sales team at MB of McKinney did not shy away from this discussion and worked with me to make me happy. If anyone is interested, the folks to talk to are: my salesperson - Doug Burton; sales manager - Larry Reeg and last, but not least, finance manager - Ermin Komic. You would want to talk to Ermin about ELW and PPM. All of these gentlemen will do everything in their power to treat you right and make you happy.
As an example of the exceptional customer treatment, during the discussion on optional features for my car, Doug went out of his way to share his experiences and helped with pro/con assessment on those features that were questionable in my mind, or just took me to a vehicle that had a feature in question to show me how it worked and why it would be adventitious to have it.
Guess I should have looked farther afield. Park Place was absolutely terrible. Good luck, you'll enjoy it.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:16 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 GLC43 AMG, 2015 Chevy SS (Holden SSv)
Congrats and enjoy your amazing new car! I love nearly all aspects of this little SUV rocket, loads of fun and super comfy to boot!
Old 12-30-2017, 07:40 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 GLC 43 & 2014 SLK 350, gone 2016 E63 Wagon
Glad to hear you had a great purchase experience. It just shows that there are some great dealers out there. I have had my 2018 GLC43 since late November and you will love it! Mine has been great in the extreme cold and snow!
Old 01-01-2018, 04:03 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
1995 SL500 - 2017 AMG GLC 43
Missing items

This is just an FYI and may not apply to the 2018 GLC43. I purchased a 2017 GLC43 and read the owner's manual cover to cover and found some items discussed there that were missing from the vehicle. The 2018 manual might not discuss these items so this may not apply. I contacted the salesman first who ignored me. I then sent the following email and pictures to the sales manager. It took about one week of him checking with MBUSA before he told me he would order all the missing items.
Here's my email to him: The attached photos show items (Image 1852, 1853, 1854 & 1856) I am missing per the Mercedes Benz GLC Operator’s Manual. I found the Parcel Net and Storage Box under the cargo compartment floor as described in the manual. I also found a large eye-bolt (image 1857 and 1858) secured on the left side of the storage compartment but have no idea what it’s used for. Please find out what it’s used for. I can’t find the other cargo net and Cargo compartment plug-in module (telescope bars). Also note it says a tool kit should be there along with two other items. I cannot find anywhere in the book that these items aren’t supposed to come with the vehicle. Please locate these items for me and advise when I can pick them up. If you have a problem getting this corrected, Matt told me in the last meeting with him that he would handle any issues I had instead of me escalating the problem to MBUSA. I appreciate your help with this matter. Be safe….
Here's his reply: We have the missing items from the owner's manual on order with Mercedes Benz and as soon as they arrive at the dealership we will call you so you can come and pick a them up.

The following users liked this post:
Chrisk03 (01-01-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 10:35 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by Lee Wireless
This is just an FYI and may not apply to the 2018 GLC43. I purchased a 2017 GLC43 and read the owner's manual cover to cover and found some items discussed there that were missing from the vehicle. The 2018 manual might not discuss these items so this may not apply. I contacted the salesman first who ignored me. I then sent the following email and pictures to the sales manager. It took about one week of him checking with MBUSA before he told me he would order all the missing items.
Here's my email to him: The attached photos show items (Image 1852, 1853, 1854 & 1856) I am missing per the Mercedes Benz GLC Operator’s Manual. I found the Parcel Net and Storage Box under the cargo compartment floor as described in the manual. I also found a large eye-bolt (image 1857 and 1858) secured on the left side of the storage compartment but have no idea what it’s used for. Please find out what it’s used for. I can’t find the other cargo net and Cargo compartment plug-in module (telescope bars). Also note it says a tool kit should be there along with two other items. I cannot find anywhere in the book that these items aren’t supposed to come with the vehicle. Please locate these items for me and advise when I can pick them up. If you have a problem getting this corrected, Matt told me in the last meeting with him that he would handle any issues I had instead of me escalating the problem to MBUSA. I appreciate your help with this matter. Be safe….
Here's his reply: We have the missing items from the owner's manual on order with Mercedes Benz and as soon as they arrive at the dealership we will call you so you can come and pick a them up.

I have a 2018 GLC43 and am reviewing the manual (Edition A 2018) and it shows the same as you’ve mentioned above. I know I have some of the items, but not all, like the telescope bars. I’ll shoot off an email to my dealer over the next few days and see what they say, but I picked up my car late Nov, so thinking they will probably give me a hard time. We’ll see... Thanks!