GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Any c63 owners here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 08:24 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
Any c63 owners here?

hoping a glc63 owner also has or has had a c63 and could comment on ride quality compared to the c63?

Im planning on using the car as a DD but also want to use it for road trips with kids and want something smooth for them. But I just can't give up some sport for the times they aren't around.

I already traded in an x5m because I found it too harsh and choppy for them.

Thanks for for any kind of feedback! I personally think test drives are useless because they are too short and the roads never represent how owners use the car so I find forum feedback way better
Old 05-10-2018, 09:31 PM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
2020GLC63
I've owned a 2017 c63s prior now having a 2018 GLC 63s. The both ride kind of hard similarly hard to say the difference though.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:26 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by darkus
hoping a glc63 owner also has or has had a c63 and could comment on ride quality compared to the c63?

Im planning on using the car as a DD but also want to use it for road trips with kids and want something smooth for them. But I just can't give up some sport for the times they aren't around.

Thanks for for any kind of feedback! I personally think test drives are useless because they are too short and the roads never represent how owners use the car so I find forum feedback way better
I currently own a 2016 X5M with stock 21 wheels and soon become a owner of the 2019 GLC 63s coupe. I test drove about 5 miles of the GLC 63 non S with 21 inch few weeks ago. at sport and sport+ the ride is very similar to my X5M, But the GLC maybe a bite softer! At comfort is about the same as well. I did not check the tire pressure of the GLC, so I don't know their tire is over or under pressure. IMO most of the time these car at dealer are over inflated.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:27 AM

2020GLC63
Wondering why that is, hell mine were 54 psi from the dealer. I still have to lower mine down some.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:29 AM

C63BS
Originally Posted by pk9394
I currently own a 2016 X5M with stock 21 wheels and soon become a owner of the 2019 GLC 63s coupe. I test drove about 5 miles of the GLC 63 non S with 21 inch few weeks ago. at sport and sport+ the ride is very similar to my X5M, But the GLC maybe a bite softer! At comfort is about the same as well. I did not check the tire pressure of the GLC, so I don't know their tire is over or under pressure. IMO most of the time these car at dealer are over inflated.
amazing! Would love to hear your opinions and feedback when you get the car as well!
Old 06-22-2018, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLC 63S Coupe
Getting my AMG GLC 63S Coupe delivered on Tuesday

I just sold my BMW X6 5.0 yesterday. I live in New Jersey and my new AMG GLC 63 S Coupe should be delivered to me from Florida on Tuesday. 110 more HP should be fun...can't wait!
Old 06-23-2018, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43

I think you'll be safe if you get the car with 20" wheels and skip the 21"s. My GLC43 on 20"s is comfortable on very rough Portland streets in both C and S modes.
I doubt that the '63 models are much stiffer than the '43s. I suspect that many of the suspension component are shared between all the AMG GLC variants.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLC 63S Coupe
Comfort of AMG GLC 63S

I just got very lucky and my AMG GLC 63 S Coupe was delivered to me ahead of time today instead of next Tuesday. To answer your question I think this is also pretty harsh ride even in comfort mode of the suspension. I have 21" wheels on mine and you can definitely feel all the bumps on the road. My BMW X6 5.0 with Sport Package Including 20"rims ad run flat tires was slightly more comfortable than this ride. This is amazing car in every aspect but if you are looking for comfortable, quiet ride - may have to look into other option.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:49 AM

2020GLC63
Originally Posted by DyroFTW
I just got very lucky and my AMG GLC 63 S Coupe was delivered to me ahead of time today instead of next Tuesday. To answer your question I think this is also pretty harsh ride even in comfort mode of the suspension. I have 21" wheels on mine and you can definitely feel all the bumps on the road. My BMW X6 5.0 with Sport Package Including 20"rims ad run flat tires was slightly more comfortable than this ride. This is amazing car in every aspect but if you are looking for comfortable, quiet ride - may have to look into other option.
Check your tire pressure makes a big difference.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:56 AM

C63BS
Originally Posted by DyroFTW
first, congrats! you must be in heaven

thank you for the review. Not what I was hoping to hear, but appreciate the honesty.

Already started looking at the highlander... from two successive black series to a Highlander. What the ...
Old 06-25-2018, 06:50 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
W205 C300 (MY), X253 GLC43 (AU), W213 E400 4M (AU), S213 E220d All-Terrain (AU)

thank you for the review. Not what I was hoping to hear, but appreciate the honesty.

Already started looking at the highlander... from two successive black series to a Highlander. What the ...
You could get a GLC43 instead. Plenty of usable power and it's still decently soft.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43

Toyota trucks can't get out of the way of their own asses. Heavy and underpowered. There are better options for pedestrian SUVs and trucks if you like a sportier ride. But if you're just after a kid hauler, suck it up and get a minivan.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:46 AM

C63BS
Originally Posted by Mr. J
Toyota trucks can't get out of the way of their own asses. Heavy and underpowered. There are better options for pedestrian SUVs and trucks if you like a sportier ride. But if you're just after a kid hauler, suck it up and get a minivan.
having driven a minivan all through high school and college, I say never again! . Besides they are just if not more expensive then an SUV these days. If I'm going for the I don't really care what it is route, the highlander seems to be ok. I'm keeping the c63 anyways for the daily commute. Just wish I could have done the all in 1 combo car. Maybee a future iteration will have more of a wide range in comfort modes in the suspension. Boses system is supposed to goto market one day ...
Old 06-29-2018, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43

having driven a minivan all through high school and college, I say never again! . Besides they are just if not more expensive then an SUV these days. If I'm going for the I don't really care what it is route, the highlander seems to be ok. I'm keeping the c63 anyways for the daily commute. Just wish I could have done the all in 1 combo car. Maybee a future iteration will have more of a wide range in comfort modes in the suspension. Boses system is supposed to goto market one day ...

My GLC43 is not overly harsh. I've driven our grandparents around in it and they're in their 90s. Trick was to cruise in comfort mode then switch to S+ while idling after parking. This lowers the vehicle another inch and makes it easier for ingress/egress. Try to test drive both models on 20" wheels. Like I said before, I doubt that the GLC63 will be that much firmer than the '43 if at all. The wheel dimensions will make a big difference though. 21"s are going to be firm.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:06 AM

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by brad65ford
Wondering why that is, hell mine were 54 psi from the dealer. I still have to lower mine down some.
MB overinflate the tires for shipping so they don't come in with flat spots when the techs take them out for the initial road test. Looks like the dealer forgot to deflate your tires to spec.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 Acura MDX
I've had my GLC 63 for 2 months now. A great car, but a very stiff, rough ride. I never take it out of the comfort setting. You still feel every bump on the poor roads and stop/go traffic outside of Washington, DC. On the rare occasion that I get on the highway and can go over 40 MPH, it's fine.