GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Colors and options for GLC43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLC43, Audi A4, Ferrari 360, MG MGA, Ferrari F355CH
Colors and options for GLC43

My wife who has an Audi Q5 was looking to upgrade to an SQ5 and we also came upon the GLC43 which we are now very much in love with...

Preferring darker colors, what do you guys think would be a good color for this GLC43?

What about options, any thoughts on 'must have'?

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2018, 07:26 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Sport
I prefer black, so that's my top choice. Alternatively, I really like the lunar blue and selenite grey as well.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:58 AM

2015 BMW 640ix GC (Ruby Black)
Originally Posted by dantm2000
My wife who has an Audi Q5 was looking to upgrade to an SQ5 and we also came upon the GLC43 which we are now very much in love with...

Preferring darker colors, what do you guys think would be a good color for this GLC43?

Thanks!
Interesting, I'm looking for a GLC43 as well and can't wait for an ordered one (4-5 months) so trying to find a car in stock.

Of course it's really a matter of personal preference but wifey determines the color of the cars I buy and she thinks that most of the colors offered (save for Porsche) really suck. She's got to have black window surrounds and would really like a dark green (her mother was British) or dark red but those aren't offered. I would agree with the previous poster that Black looks good, perhaps Selenite Gray or the Dakota Brown. Too bad the Designo tones are limited to three. I generally stay away from the lighter colors (no offense meant to those who prefer them) because there would be a lot of contrast between the black bits and the body of the car, not a fan of breaking the body up like that.

As to options I think the Advanced Lighting package is an important safety feature, although I think the important part is the bending LED lights and that may be available separately. They most all come with Panorama roof and I personally have to have a Parking Assistant. The Driving Assistant bits are OK but not a deal-breaker for me, especially considering the fact that (AFAIK) the sensors are all in the bumper area which means that even a minor fender-bender can cause over 10K damage (don't ask). Probably better to get the M/M package, at least for resale (if buying) although frankly I don't use the Navi much in my BMW. I also prefer the Leather package, but that's really a matter of opinion.

Good luck, I'm off to look at a car on the ground near me that has most of what I want. But the dealer is going to have to do a good deal (10-15% off) considering it's a 2018 and the 2019s will be here soon.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:40 AM

Very interesting - thank you for this info...

Is it reasonable to negotiate 10-15% off MSRP on these cars?

What is the dealer invoice, is it a typical fixed percentage below MSRP?

Thank you.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:47 AM

2015 BMW 640ix GC (Ruby Black)
The discount % seems to vary by area but with a car in stock (also at this time of the year and month) I look around the boards, get a general idea of what others have negotiated, and go from there. The worst the dealer can do is say no and then you decide if it's worth it to continue to shop around. The best leverage you have (and you may already know this) is if you can walk away from the negotiations. I can (because I still have about 5 months left on the warranty of the car I'm trading in) but some can't. I've heard of people getting 18% and some getting 5%, but if you're doing something in-stock at the end of the quarter and at the end of the model year I think you can try for the high end (watch the fees, though).

Frankly, I hate negotiating and would prefer to let a broker do it, but I have no way of finding a reliable one. Back in 2007 when I bought my MB E63 one did find me on these Boards and had I been willing to go to Atlantic City I would have saved a lot. As to invoice pricing, go to Edmunds.com and build a new car. They give you a good estimate of invoice pricing. It used to be chic to bid relative to invoice but I believe invoice pricing is becoming a bit murkier, the "au courant" method is % off MSRP.

There are posters here FAR more accomplished at the art of negotiation than I am, I'm sure you'll get some great advice.

Last edited by nlk10010; 03-27-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:34 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks!
Color is very personal preference! To me, I never had black car!
for the GLC 43, my pick is Brilliant blue, Lunar blue or Selenite Grey. they look nice on both SUV and coupe.
The Cardinal red is nice for wife too :-)
Old 03-27-2018, 01:06 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3

Thanks!
I like black (what I got), but you have the pains to take care of it. It just looks so darn good when it's clean for about 15 minutes, that I always go for it. That said, I really like the Selenite Grey with Night Package, as well, and would have no problem with this color if I purchased off the lot. Either way, if you go with a darker color and do a lot of highway driving, I would get a clear bra on the front and hood.

Options that seem to come up a lot as "must have":
Advanced Lighting Package or at least LED Headlight option. Can't believe MB has Halogen's as standard...boooo.
Multimedia Package. Really wish MB incorporated Apple CarPlay/Android Auto into this. If you want those features, skip the MM package and get Smartphone Integration Package. MM Package has a bigger screen.
AMG Night Package. Kicking myself for not getting this. The chrome accents are nice, but a small regret for me.
Head up Display. Didn't get, so no comment really. I personally don't feel like I'm missing anything with this option.
Burmester Sound System. I think most would want this. I'm not an audiophile, but seems like a good system and worth it to me. Wish it had a few more adjustments and a "real" equalizer.
Natural Grain Black Ash Wood Interior. Looks really good if you don't want to splurge on Carbon Fiber interior.

Other Comments on Packages (my opinion):
Advanced Parking Assist Package: I can park fine myself and didn't seem worth the cost to me. Surround view part of this package would really be the only thing I would want.
Driver Assist Package: Some cool "gadgetry" to have if you want to spend $3200, but nothing that drew me in and used the funds for other options more important to me.
Smartphone Integration Package: Includes Apple CarPlay/Android Auto but smaller screen than MM package. Personally, pissed this isn't included in MM Package...MB can do it.
Leather: I got it, but usually indifferent vs other interiors. I really liked the Black Leather with Red Stitching, so that's why I got it.
21" Wheels/Tires: Liked the look better than the 20's and since I ordered the car, went with them. If I was buying off lot, 20's wouldn't be a deal breaker.
Ventilated front seats: I got them but really haven't had a chance to use since winter time. They are NOT cooled, so we'll see if worth it.
Pano Roof: Obvious weight penalty on the vehicle, but really like it and actually use. On most of my prior vehicles that had a sunroof/moonroof, hardly ever used.
Heated Rear Seats / Manual Rear Sunshades: Wanted both to have over some other options and work as desired. Could see how these 2 options would be unimportant to some, esp if in warm climate or no kids.

The GLC43 really is a great vehicle. Vs the SQ5, it is more sporty and some have described the ride as a tad harsher with the GLC. I test drove the Audi too and LOVED the interior, but the overall driving dynamics and exterior of the 43 won me over. Good luck!
Old 03-27-2018, 01:13 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Very interesting - thank you for this info... good advice from nlk

Is it reasonable to negotiate 10-15% off MSRP on these cars? 8-12% would be more typical, depending on area, timing, availability...IMHO.

What is the dealer invoice, is it a typical fixed percentage below MSRP? Invoice is pretty much useless nowadays because of backend $$$ from car manufacturers...again, IMHO.

Thank you.
See bold. Good luck!
Old 03-27-2018, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisk03

I like black (what I got), but you have the pains to take care of it. It just looks so darn good when it's clean for about 15 minutes, that I always go for it.

AMG Night Package. Kicking myself for not getting this. The chrome accents are nice, but a small regret for me.
I noticed this on all the other forums as well (Audi SQ5, Porsche Macan, etc.) - people seem to really dislike having chrome accents in favor or having an all-black murdered-out look. I like both but I think I prefer the chrome a bit more so that there's some contrast. What don't you like about the chrome?

Also, I find black to still look decent even when it's not 100% pristine. I think being bothered with a little dirt here and there is more a mental thing since this is my fourth black car and not having it super clean doesn't bother me as much (that said, I live in the northeast where cars get beat up in these winters so I might be the exception).
Old 03-27-2018, 03:46 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by MB300AMG
I noticed this on all the other forums as well (Audi SQ5, Porsche Macan, etc.) - people seem to really dislike having chrome accents in favor or having an all-black murdered-out look. I like both but I think I prefer the chrome a bit more so that there's some contrast. What don't you like about the chrome?

Also, I find black to still look decent even when it's not 100% pristine. I think being bothered with a little dirt here and there is more a mental thing since this is my fourth black car and not having it super clean doesn't bother me as much (that said, I live in the northeast where cars get beat up in these winters so I might be the exception).
Funny thing is, I don't usually like completely black rims, so full murdered out isn't my thing really either. For me, it's a visual thing. Yes, the chrome is fine and provides a nice contrast, agreed, but the more I look at the Night Package on the GLC, it seems to visually lower the car and make it even more sporty/masculine, which I like. It seems to mostly be the chromed front lip that throws it off for me, again visually, and maybe the rear exhaust finishers to some degree. I actually may have my detailer wrap the front lip in gloss black and change out the exhaust finishers with OEM gloss black to see if that helps. There weren't two examples available at my dealer when I ordered my car, so just went chrome. Started noticing the visual difference in pics while waiting for my GLC and even tried to alter my order to get Night Package, but alas, was too late. Again, chrome isn't bad, but prefer the Night Package now.

I'm in the lower part of the Northeast, so a little dirt here and there is expected, so maybe just a bit of an exaggeration. Then again, I'm a tad OCD, too. We have 3 black cars in the driveway...5 if the kiddo's are home, so we love our black cars and the dirt does wipe off. The dents, scratches, dings from disrespectful parker's, not so much.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:55 PM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 GLE 53 Iridium Silver

I have a brilliant blue GLC43 and a brilliant black C63. The C63 definitely shows the dust quicker than the GLC43. I bought the GLC right off the showroom floor and the only option I wish it had is the performance exhaust. I have it on the C63 and it is awesome. I know it won't be as good as the C63 but it would be nice to have.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:29 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 GLC 43 & 2014 SLK 350, gone 2016 E63 Wagon
My 2018 GLC43 is designo diamond white but I had four previous vehicles that were black. The negative side of both colours is that in winter (in the north) they are always dirty (but I never get too worried about it). When they are clean the look great. We like the way the diamond white looks in the sun - it seems to glow. I also opted for the designo platinum white/black interior - great combination as I don't like the classic black interior.

Key options for me were: "intelligent drive" which includes all the active assist safety features (the best being active distronic), integrated garage door opener, 360 camera, Burmester sound, foot activated tailgate (all part of the "premium package"), active LED with adaptive highbeam assist (wonderful feature), AMG driver's package (includes performance exhaust), heated rear seats. Everyone is different regarding their must haves but if you are ordering it gives you the opportunity to tailor it to your liking.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:38 AM

Thanks everybody.

Does any of you know when the 2019 models come out? What is the best way to negotiate with a dealer who has a car on the lot?
Old 03-28-2018, 10:09 AM

Thanks everybody.

Does any of you know when the 2019 models come out? What is the best way to negotiate with a dealer who has a car on the lot?
Like other say, discount rate is all depends on locations. if you looking for 2018, check the dealers web base inventory, email them your asking discount %rate or $ amount and wait for them to reply.
For GLC43 2018 models you may get a good amount of discount on some dealers! in NYC, if you lucky enough, you may get anything between 8 to 10% off on the lot cars. All order now is for 2019.
I don't know how people get above 10% MSRP on 2018, I guess maybe demo cars

2019 should be delivery around July
Old 03-28-2018, 10:45 AM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Thanks everybody.

If MB follows a similar schedule to last year, the 2019's will begin production in late May 2018/June 2018 and delivery would probably be in late July/August. I'm assuming you are in the USA.

As for the car on the lot, first, find the car you are interested in with the options you want and then contact via internet sales to see if still available. If so, take the price of the vehicle and discount to what you are comfortable with paying (after researching discounts others have gotten. 8-12%, IMO) and send that dealer an ALL-IN offer...price of vehicle, taxes, fees, etc. Tell them you will buy the car TODAY, if they agree to your price. Oh, and have your financing already taken care of and if you buy the car and the dealer wants to match/beat your financing, feel free to go with them. This gets a tad more complicated if you have a trade-in. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2018, 03:08 AM

Funny thing is, I don't usually like completely black rims, so full murdered out isn't my thing really either. For me, it's a visual thing. Yes, the chrome is fine and provides a nice contrast, agreed, but the more I look at the Night Package on the GLC, it seems to visually lower the car and make it even more sporty/masculine, which I like. It seems to mostly be the chromed front lip that throws it off for me, again visually, and maybe the rear exhaust finishers to some degree. I actually may have my detailer wrap the front lip in gloss black and change out the exhaust finishers with OEM gloss black to see if that helps. There weren't two examples available at my dealer when I ordered my car, so just went chrome. Started noticing the visual difference in pics while waiting for my GLC and even tried to alter my order to get Night Package, but alas, was too late. Again, chrome isn't bad, but prefer the Night Package now.

I'm in the lower part of the Northeast, so a little dirt here and there is expected, so maybe just a bit of an exaggeration. Then again, I'm a tad OCD, too. We have 3 black cars in the driveway...5 if the kiddo's are home, so we love our black cars and the dirt does wipe off. The dents, scratches, dings from disrespectful parker's, not so much.
That's an interesting perspective - I hadn't thought about it like that. I have the chrome lip on the E350 at the moment and from the front it looks great because it matches the silver star and the grille. However, from the side it looks somewhat odd because you have a black car (with silver rims) and then whereas the rest of the body is black, there is then a silver chrome lip which doesn't quite fit into place. Granted, it matches the silver tailpipes but you can't see those from the side angle. The only way the silver lip works is if you add the silver running boards, and I don't like those. Maybe I will consider the night package or AMG optics package, whichever is available.

Speaking of which, do you know if there is a difference between the two, or is it just a name change?

Last edited by MB300AMG; 03-29-2018 at 03:45 AM.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Swordfish99
I have a brilliant blue GLC43 and a brilliant black C63. The C63 definitely shows the dust quicker than the GLC43. I bought the GLC right off the showroom floor and the only option I wish it had is the performance exhaust. I have it on the C63 and it is awesome. I know it won't be as good as the C63 but it would be nice to have.
Agreed. Performance exhaust is a must have. I'm waiting on the 2019 options to come out before pulling the trigger this summer since it'll be time to get a new car and performance exhaust is a dealbreaker option for me..
Old 03-29-2018, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes AMG
Obsidian Black or Selenite Grey would be my choice.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:12 AM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
That's an interesting perspective - I hadn't thought about it like that. I have the chrome lip on the E350 at the moment and from the front it looks great because it matches the silver star and the grille. However, from the side it looks somewhat odd because you have a black car (with silver rims) and then whereas the rest of the body is black, there is then a silver chrome lip which doesn't quite fit into place. Granted, it matches the silver tailpipes but you can't see those from the side angle. The only way the silver lip works is if you add the silver running boards, and I don't like those. Maybe I will consider the night package or AMG optics package, whichever is available.

Speaking of which, do you know if there is a difference between the two, or is it just a name change?
That makes sense on your E350 from what I can see in your pic of the front. There looks to be a lot more chrome/silver than on the front of the GLC. YES, with respect to the running boards and I'm with you, I don't really care for them, but it would make the lower design of the GLC more cohesive from front to back. Precisely, why I now prefer the black (Night Package)...carries that color front to back and works better visually for me.

Don't know for sure, but guessing just a name change on the Night package vs AMG optics package. MB is making a couple name changes to basically the same options...9G trans comes to mind, for 18 vs 19 model years. Then again, here's what was posted on another thread re: updates for 2019... "New AMG PerformanceStudio Package (322) including brand new AMG Optics Package (36P) ". Perhaps, a few new/different updates than the previous "Night Package". I'm sure dealer's have the preliminary 2019 GLC DOG, hopefully someone will post soon.

Last edited by Chrisk03; 03-29-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:13 AM

2017 GLC43AMG

Iridium silver.... that is all!
Old 03-29-2018, 12:46 PM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
That makes sense on your E350 from what I can see in your pic of the front. There looks to be a lot more chrome/silver than on the front of the GLC. YES, with respect to the running boards and I'm with you, I don't really care for them, but it would make the lower design of the GLC more cohesive from front to back. Precisely, why I now prefer the black (Night Package)...carries that color front to back and works better visually for me.

Don't know for sure, but guessing just a name change on the Night package vs AMG optics package. MB is making a couple name changes to basically the same options...9G trans comes to mind, for 18 vs 19 model years. Then again, here's what was posted on another thread re: updates for 2019... "New AMG PerformanceStudio Package (322) including brand new AMG Optics Package (36P) ". Perhaps, a few new/different updates than the previous "Night Package". I'm sure dealer's have the preliminary 2019 GLC DOG, hopefully someone will post soon.
Yes , what is the "New AMG Performance Studio Package (322) including brand new AMG Optics Package (36P) "
I tried to get some information about it but didn't find anything !
Old 03-29-2018, 04:21 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by lanoipat
Yes , what is the "New AMG Performance Studio Package (322) including brand new AMG Optics Package (36P) "
I tried to get some information about it but didn't find anything !
Check out the details of this AMG Performance Studio Package for the C43 Coupe/Cab released Feb 2017. Guessing something very similar for the GLC...

https://media.mbusa.com/releases/rel...m-mercedes-amg

Pics here...
https://media.mbusa.com/releases/rel...m-mercedes-amg
Old 03-29-2018, 06:11 PM

What are you guys thinking of the 21" vs the 20" wheels?

The look imo is much better with the 21" but is performance improved significantly?

I assume that if we had 21" and lived in the Northeast we'd need a set of 20" or smaller winter tire/wheel package?
Old 03-29-2018, 06:57 PM

What are you guys thinking of the 21" vs the 20" wheels?

The look imo is much better with the 21" but is performance improved significantly?

I assume that if we had 21" and lived in the Northeast we'd need a set of 20" or smaller winter tire/wheel package?
I like the stock 20 inch on the GLC43
Old 03-29-2018, 08:36 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 GLC 43 & 2014 SLK 350, gone 2016 E63 Wagon
I spec'd my 2018 GLC43 with 21" wheels and took delivery of the vehicle in November so I had winter tires installed ( 19" wheel/tire package). I am looking forward to putting the summer tires on soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Colors and options for GLC43