GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

100+ miles added to odometer after service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 rx350 f-sport/2016 Mini Countryman s
100+ miles added to odometer after service

Is it normal to have 100+ miles added to odometer after service??? I had an engine malfunction and seems like that replacement some sensors and a temperature control unit. I dropped the car off on a Wednesday and got the car back thn following week on Tuesday, but 100 was added to the car. The service papers showed how many test drives and mileage at each drive. 65 miles were not logged. My service advisor said they don’t have to log every mile. Just checking if anyone has experienced this or know if indeed that not mileages has to be logged. Thanks in advance
Old 06-26-2019, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Lwc1001
Is it normal to have 100+ miles added to odometer after service??? I had an engine malfunction and seems like that replacement some sensors and a temperature control unit. I dropped the car off on a Wednesday and got the car back thn following week on Tuesday, but 100 was added to the car. The service papers showed how many test drives and mileage at each drive. 65 miles were not logged. My service advisor said they don’t have to log every mile. Just checking if anyone has experienced this or know if indeed that not mileages has to be logged. Thanks in advance
I'd be pissed....100 miles is pretty far
Old 06-26-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by CPD SLK
I'd be pissed....100 miles is pretty far
Yea right, it’s just hard to grasp the idea of adding 100 miles. It’s a lot of mileage to add consider my commute back and forth from work and home is 20 miles per day.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:42 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
I’d be pretty upset about that many miles, as well, without some type of explanation...other than what sounds like the BS you were given. If it was a full engine swap, I might be more forgiving as they’d probably want some more drive time to make sure all was done correctly. I would have addressed with a service manager and let them know it would be pointed out significantly in the survey MB usually sends, if the dealer didn’t provide a satisfactory answer.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisk03
I’d be pretty upset about that many miles, as well, without some type of explanation...other than what sounds like the BS you were given. If it was a full engine swap, I might be more forgiving as they’d probably want some more drive time to make sure all was done correctly. I would have addressed with a service manager and let them know it would be pointed out significantly in the survey MB usually sends, if the dealer didn’t provide a satisfactory answer.
I contacted both service advisor and service director. Only the service advisor replied. Saying they don’t have to document all miles tested, only required to document showing problem
is fixed to MB. I contacted MBUSA with my concern and sent them a copy of my service invoice. Waiting to hear back. Funny thing is that another service advisor was saying if a car needs extended test drive, the technician will something take the car home with them. That’s very concerning to me since who know what they are doing with your car.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:03 AM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by Lwc1001
I contacted both service advisor and service director. Only the service advisor replied. Saying they don’t have to document all miles tested, only required to document showing problem
is fixed to MB. I contacted MBUSA with my concern and sent them a copy of my service invoice. Waiting to hear back. Funny thing is that another service advisor was saying if a car needs extended test drive, the technician will something take the car home with them. That’s very concerning to me since who know what they are doing with your car.
Ok, fine Mr. Service Advisor, can you please explain what your tech did for 100 miles with my personal vehicle? Not some vague BS answer of "testing"...would be my response back to him. Yes, I've heard the same story about techs taking vehicles home, but not sure if true or not. Very concerning to me, as well, if true...AND not being told about it ahead of time.

Sounds like your only recourse is to blast them on the MB service survey...and then get your car serviced somewhere else.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:38 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by Chrisk03
Ok, fine Mr. Service Advisor, can you please explain what your tech did for 100 miles with my personal vehicle? Not some vague BS answer of "testing"...would be my response back to him. Yes, I've heard the same story about techs taking vehicles home, but not sure if true or not. Very concerning to me, as well, if true...AND not being told about it ahead of time.

Sounds like your only recourse is to blast them on the MB service survey...and then get your car serviced somewhere else.
Oh man I would go ballistic on them. 100 miles? Seems like the tech took your truck home everyday and went out on dates, a few road trips, joy riding etc....Find the tech and beat his.... I mean kindly ask who was the tech, approach him and ask wtf were you doing with my truck.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 GLC 63 AMG Coupe
That is why I have a Thinkware Pro F&R Dash cam installed...no guessing as to why/what happened
Old 06-29-2019, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by K507
That is why I have a Thinkware Pro F&R Dash cam installed...no guessing as to why/what happened
Damn right, I’m looking into get one. Did you hardwire it or just using the cigarette lighter for power?
Old 06-29-2019, 08:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 GLC 63 AMG Coupe
Hardwired, using the driver's side fuse box for both accessory and constant 12v power.

Hardest part was getting rear camera wiring through the rubber raceway from rear headliner to rear hatch and there are basically no fasteners for the trim pieces all just push pins