GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

MBUX Deactivated license features - AMG TRACK RACE APP / DASHCAM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2020 | 04:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 GLE53
MBUX Deactivated license features - AMG TRACK RACE APP / DASHCAM

So, as the title suggest, has anyone had any luck activating in the US two of the features that show deactivated in 2020 MBUXs Settings -> System -> Licenses? I took it to the dealership, and even after connecting the car to the computer they didn't even know how to activate those features. Here in Houston they said that I was the first one to even ask for those features to get activated....
Old 04-08-2020 | 07:13 PM
m.o

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2021 AMG GLC 63S
After visiting over 10 dealerships in the area where I live, I couldn’t find anybody knowing anything about MBUX “in car office” feature. Several dealers contacted MB USA and got no information except for "this is some European thing". This may be connected to nacholaw's post above. The attached is a document titled “MBUX Mercedes-Benz User Experience: - a new control experience” which I downloaded at some point from Daimler Global Media Site. The document talks among other things, about in car MBUX office extension reading emails out loud. I send two emails to Daimler in Germany, but received no reply.

Old 04-08-2020 | 07:18 PM

2023 GLE53
Originally Posted by m.o
After visiting over 10 dealerships in the area where I live, I couldn’t find anybody knowing anything about MBUX “in car office” feature. Several dealers contacted MB USA and got no information except for "this is some European thing". This may be connected to nacholaw's post above. The attached is a document titled “MBUX Mercedes-Benz User Experience: - a new control experience” which I downloaded at some point from Daimler Global Media Site. The document talks among other things, about in car MBUX office extension reading emails out loud. I send two emails to Daimler in Germany, but received no reply.
Interesting... didn’t know about the feature of reading emails out loud... but yeah, it seems like various features are deactivated here in the US. I just hope one day we will see them get activated via a software update... But unlike Tesla, that does a lot of software updates, some at customer’s requests; Mercedes isn’t good at customer service😭
Old 04-08-2020 | 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Is anyone else irritated that we paid for track pace and yet the app isn't available still in the USA?

I'm so passed abt this
Old 04-09-2020 | 06:15 PM

Received 298 Likes on 214 Posts
AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
Is anyone else irritated that we paid for track pace and yet the app isn't available still in the USA?

I'm so passed abt this
Well...I forgot that I was mad about it until you brought it up again......
The following users liked this post:
viper3ez (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020 | 06:17 PM

2023 GLE53
Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg
hahahaha... I joined that club too...
Old 04-09-2020 | 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by nacholaw
hahahaha... I joined that club too...
Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg
LOL...I didn't want to suffer alone
Old 04-09-2020 | 10:40 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
So, as the title suggest, has anyone had any luck activating in the US two of the features that show deactivated in 2020 MBUXs Settings -> System -> Licenses? I took it to the dealership, and even after connecting the car to the computer they didn't even know how to activate those features. Here in Houston they said that I was the first one to even ask for those features to get activated....
More Houston GLC AMGs, Yay.

Shhot me a message whenever you have some time.
Nuvie
Old 04-09-2020 | 10:44 PM

2023 GLE53
Originally Posted by viper3ez
More Houston GLC AMGs, Yay.

Shhot me a message whenever you have some time.
Nuvie
Will do boss! I’m up by The Woodlands but work in the Galeria area...

By the way, what did you do for the front plates? I bought Cravenspeed’s Platypus but it trips the parking sensors every time!!😡
Old 04-09-2020 | 10:50 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
Will do boss! I’m up by The Woodlands but work in the Galeria area...

By the way, what did you do for the front plates? I bought Cravenspeed’s Platypus but it trips the parking sensors every time!!😡
I've driven to San ANtonio once for a fix it (and speeding) ticket. I am not punching holes. I have been pretty good so far especially with SUVs.
my 100k mile durango has got no front plate attention in 5 years.'

If you have an appetite for risk, i say skip it. it does not blend with any part of the flowy bumper.
If you have to, i'll look into a magnetic solution that you can put behind the bumper.
Old 04-10-2020 | 07:30 PM

2023 GLE53
Originally Posted by viper3ez
I've driven to San ANtonio once for a fix it (and speeding) ticket. I am not punching holes. I have been pretty good so far especially with SUVs.
my 100k mile durango has got no front plate attention in 5 years.'

If you have an appetite for risk, i say skip it. it does not blend with any part of the flowy bumper.
If you have to, i'll look into a magnetic solution that you can put behind the bumper.
Do you recommend a particular magnetic solution?
Old 04-11-2020 | 09:21 AM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLC43
Dashcam stay deactivated for now. It's a tease but everyone with mbux is getting the same run around. SA said legal issues for the reason.

As for track pace, I got it set up in Canada although I have not tested it yet. Only paired the app to mbux via in car wifi.

EDIT: Well I guess Trace Pace app basically records video from both front and back camera off your cell phone and overlay telemetry data from the car. It doesn't record off cameras ON the car. Kinda disappointed.

Last edited by Xtrema; 04-11-2020 at 12:35 PM.