Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 11:57 PM
T3F

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Audi S5 Sportback
Pricing for a 2020 GLC63

Hi all,

I'm currently shopping around and am interested in a GLC63, but am a bit confused about where the pricing is at the moment and was hoping some of you could weigh in. I'm open to either a new or used 2020 -- I really just want a good/fair deal in either case -- and was wondering what I should be expecting. It seems dealers are advertising used models at around $10k off and new ones at only a few thousand off, and I was a bit surprised as I'd have expected a leftover 2020 to be going for $10k+ off sticker and a used one for closer to $20k, but perhaps I'm mistaken. Any input would be greatly appreciated, and I hope to join you all as owners soon!

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-23-2021, 12:33 PM

Received 298 Likes on 214 Posts
AMG GLC 63s Coupe
AMG's are usually not quite like typical cars but supply and demand always plays here.

What you may be seeing is that everyone that wants a V8 AMG knows that there won't be many left so they are holding out for good pricing.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:53 PM
T3F

Audi S5 Sportback
Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg
AMG's are usually not quite like typical cars but supply and demand always plays here.

What you may be seeing is that everyone that wants a V8 AMG knows that there won't be many left so they are holding out for good pricing.
That seems to be the case, and perhaps supply is lower than normal at the moment due to coronavirus -- I think I recall a salesperson saying the factory was shut for a few months and then not operating at full capacity once it opened again, so that could potentially explain some of it. I'm torn about what to do at the moment -- I really want a 2020 GLC, but I don't want to pay what seems like a temporary market premium for one, so I'm thinking that maybe I try to get a deal on a 2019 or go with a Stelvio Quadrifoglio which, though I don't like it as much, is an awesome car and can be had new with massive discounts.

Thanks for the feedback, and if anyone else has any opinion or knowledge about the market, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Old 03-24-2021, 09:32 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 GLC63
Originally Posted by T3F
Hi all,

I'm currently shopping around and am interested in a GLC63, but am a bit confused about where the pricing is at the moment and was hoping some of you could weigh in. I'm open to either a new or used 2020 -- I really just want a good/fair deal in either case -- and was wondering what I should be expecting. It seems dealers are advertising used models at around $10k off and new ones at only a few thousand off, and I was a bit surprised as I'd have expected a leftover 2020 to be going for $10k+ off sticker and a used one for closer to $20k, but perhaps I'm mistaken. Any input would be greatly appreciated, and I hope to join you all as owners soon!

Thanks in advance!
Let me chime in; our stories are very similar. Back in November 2019 a lightly used 2019 GLC63 SUV showed up on the local BMW lot. I test drove it for an entire day. I actually did find it to be oddly jerky at very slow speeds around stop and go situations....but it looked great, was the right color, was nicely equipped, and it sounded terrific. However, the dealer did not like my Polestar Volvo trade as much as I liked my trade and we could not make a deal. I too, was cross shopping Alfa Romeo. Talk about one door closing and another opening...the very next morning a used 2019 Stelvio Quadrifoglio with 900 miles on the clock appeared on the lot of Buick GMC dealer. It had recently been purchased new and then traded in after 10 days for a G Wagon by a professional soccer player. I went right over and ended up very satisfactorily trading my Volvo. Fast forward 15 months and I was back in the market for that gently used 2020 GLC63. I recently found it and traded the Stelvio.

I found a very limited supply of 2020 GLC63 SUVs. In addition, quite a few had salvage titles and were being sold for very attractive numbers. Watch for these. I had zero interest in embarking down that path, although it could be right for others. Mine was a one owner, like 'new' with 3,459 miles and was $69,500. I believe it was about $10K off the sticker. It is very lightly optioned, but I am here for the motor....and what comes as standard is fine by me. I do wish it had parking sensors and the 360 view camera; but, oh, that motor.

Since you mentioned the Alfa, here are a few thoughts and opinions on the Stelvio Quadrifoglio vs the GLC63 while they are still very fresh in my mind. Note I took the tires off the Quad and put them on the GLC. This helps even the comparison. In my short time with this car (15 months...7,000 miles) I came to really like it. Feels lighter, quicker and more like a go-cart than the GLC63. The GLC63 feels heavier and more solidly built. However, they both can give off some light ticks, clicks, and rattles over nasty roads. The Alfa is the better athlete with better performance seats (they are very firm, very supportive and feel like Recaro)...unless you get AMG performance seats which I assume are just as great. The sound system in the GLC is noticeably better than the Harmon Kardon in the Alfa. The MBUX system is quite a bit better than the Alfa system...which really doesn't have much of a system. When you get into the the Alfa, the seats grab you....you see 2 large old school analog dial gauges on the dash and a few dial knobs for radio and HVAC. There is not much there. The car is all about the drive. The exhaust note sounds like a flat 4 around town until you get into it at which point it sings the Italian opera; really great. But the GLC note is really great from the moment you press the start button. And I will say the Alfa is the firmer riding car...even in 'soft mode' it rides quite hard.

To me the Quadrifoglio is the better sprinter while the GLC63 is the better all around athlete for the real world. However, in closing I have to knick the Quadrifoglio for its reliability. In my short time with it, the coolant system did not seem to hold coolant. I had a CEL for a defective temp sensor. Most recently I was warned that I had exceeded the maximum oil level....but I had not added oil for 9 months since the Alfa dealer serviced the vehicle. Every once in a while the satellite radio would not work; perhaps it was updating...but it never said it was updating and the radio screen was blank (but I could get FM) and it would be out for the entire 10 minute ride. I once pulled over and stopped the car in hopes of re-setting the Sirius XM; when I pressed START to re-fire the motor I got the warning "Key Not Found". Huh???

If you are considering Alfa, please consider your proximity to their service department.

The following users liked this post:
T3F (03-25-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 09:34 AM
m.o

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2021 AMG GLC 63S
I ordered AMG GLC 63S in February of 2020 with 9% discount. Due to pandemic, the car never went into production and I decided to wait for 2021 model. The 2021 model was officially made available for order in January of this year, later than anticipated, and most likely due to manufacturing problems related to shortage of components and production stoppage in 2020. A few months earlier, I have seen posts suggesting that some dealers were taking orders at full price plus some additional markup, and without precise delivery dates. I received an offer like that too. After shopping around, I ordered my car in January of this year with 4% discount. At that time most of dealers I contacted expected to sell new AMGs at a full MSRP. In the background different publications suggest that new car prices went up in 2020 by approx. 10%, where used car prices went up by approx. 14%. Looking back, the best moment to buy 2020 AMG from dealer's lot was in August/September of last year. My feeling is that prices for AMGs will not go down, unless MB factory comes up with strong incentives for dealers.That may happen only when there is no longer demand for 8 cylinder motor.
T3F (03-25-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,440 Likes on 952 Posts
No more MB:(
It's a tough time to buy a car. Low rates but you pay on the front end. Plus limited inventory.
T3F (03-25-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 11:33 AM

AMG GLC 63s Coupe
At least with an Alfa, you don't have to worry about putting a lot of miles on it since it will mainly live at the shop....
Old 03-24-2021, 06:32 PM
T3F

Audi S5 Sportback
Originally Posted by smoke20
Let me chime in; our stories are very similar. Back in November 2019 a lightly used 2019 GLC63 SUV showed up on the local BMW lot. I test drove it for an entire day. I actually did find it to be oddly jerky at very slow speeds around stop and go situations....but it looked great, was the right color, was nicely equipped, and it sounded terrific. However, the dealer did not like my Polestar Volvo trade as much as I liked my trade and we could not make a deal. I too, was cross shopping Alfa Romeo. Talk about one door closing and another opening...the very next morning a used 2019 Stelvio Quadrifoglio with 900 miles on the clock appeared on the lot of Buick GMC dealer. It had recently been purchased new and then traded in after 10 days for a G Wagon by a professional soccer player. I went right over and ended up very satisfactorily trading my Volvo. Fast forward 15 months and I was back in the market for that gently used 2020 GLC63. I recently found it and traded the Stelvio.

I found a very limited supply of 2020 GLC63 SUVs. In addition, quite a few had salvage titles and were being sold for very attractive numbers. Watch for these. I had zero interest in embarking down that path, although it could be right for others. Mine was a one owner, like 'new' with 3,459 miles and was $69,500. I believe it was about $10K off the sticker. It is very lightly optioned, but I am here for the motor....and what comes as standard is fine by me. I do wish it had parking sensors and the 360 view camera; but, oh, that motor.

Since you mentioned the Alfa, here are a few thoughts and opinions on the Stelvio Quadrifoglio vs the GLC63 while they are still very fresh in my mind. Note I took the tires off the Quad and put them on the GLC. This helps even the comparison. In my short time with this car (15 months...7,000 miles) I came to really like it. Feels lighter, quicker and more like a go-cart than the GLC63. The GLC63 feels heavier and more solidly built. However, they both can give off some light ticks, clicks, and rattles over nasty roads. The Alfa is the better athlete with better performance seats (they are very firm, very supportive and feel like Recaro)...unless you get AMG performance seats which I assume are just as great. The sound system in the GLC is noticeably better than the Harmon Kardon in the Alfa. The MBUX system is quite a bit better than the Alfa system...which really doesn't have much of a system. When you get into the the Alfa, the seats grab you....you see 2 large old school analog dial gauges on the dash and a few dial knobs for radio and HVAC. There is not much there. The car is all about the drive. The exhaust note sounds like a flat 4 around town until you get into it at which point it sings the Italian opera; really great. But the GLC note is really great from the moment you press the start button. And I will say the Alfa is the firmer riding car...even in 'soft mode' it rides quite hard.

To me the Quadrifoglio is the better sprinter while the GLC63 is the better all around athlete for the real world. However, in closing I have to knick the Quadrifoglio for its reliability. In my short time with it, the coolant system did not seem to hold coolant. I had a CEL for a defective temp sensor. Most recently I was warned that I had exceeded the maximum oil level....but I had not added oil for 9 months since the Alfa dealer serviced the vehicle. Every once in a while the satellite radio would not work; perhaps it was updating...but it never said it was updating and the radio screen was blank (but I could get FM) and it would be out for the entire 10 minute ride. I once pulled over and stopped the car in hopes of re-setting the Sirius XM; when I pressed START to re-fire the motor I got the warning "Key Not Found". Huh???

If you are considering Alfa, please consider your proximity to their service department.
Really appreciate all of this feedback, thank you so much!

The comparison to the Stelvio is immensely helpful and definitely makes me more inclined to go with the GLC. The Stelvio is very cool and part of me wants to give it a chance because I do like that it's a little more uncommon, but deep down I know that I really like the GLC more and have a better ownership experience both on a day-to-day basis with the nicer interior and when it needs servicing. I have an Audi now, and before that, I had a Jeep. Both have had their share of problems, but they were 10x as frustrating with the Jeep because the service departments tended to be inept and you weren't exactly given a white-glove treatment like you are at Audi (or MB, presumably). The Jeep was a really nice car and had everything I wanted on paper at the time for less than most competitors, but it wasn't all executed very well. I'm sensing something similar with the Alfa -- it does seem to be the best "driver's" SUV out there, it's pretty (IMO), and the interior with the new infotainment is still quite nice (though not as nice as the MB's), and if you get a good example, it might well be a good option for some people, especially when you look at the difference in price. That being said, it seems you're taking a risk when buying one (and your experience definitely backs that up), and if you come out on the wrong end of the gamble, it appears that it'll be a major PITA. After getting burnt by this once and hearing your experience, I think I'm pretty settled on paying up for the GLC.

Part of my "problem" in finding one is that I definitely want the Driver's Assistance Package, and that seems to be a fairly rare option, so even when I find a car with it, I don't have a ton of leverage. There are weirdly a bunch of red ones for sale (like close to 10) that have exactly the same options, and if I didn't care about the DAP, I bet I could get one of those in the mid-$60s. I've found two that have the DAP within reasonable price ranges -- one new one that I was offered $10k off of, and one used one with a few thousand miles that's about $12k below sticker before I've tried negotiating -- so I'll give those my best shot and see what happens. It seems I'm going to spend more than I was planning on in either case, but that's how these things often go, and I'm sure I'll forget about the price once I'm behind the wheel
Old 03-25-2021, 08:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
a
Recently took delivery of my 2021 glc63 suv.

Love it. The motor. Jesus christ the motor.

I optioned it, nothing crazy. Some of the luxuries that you should have for a car in this price range, but also a lot of stuff left off that I think is superfluous and unnecessary.

As someone else said the car is an incredible all arounder. I think it may be the ULTIMATE DD. I chose it over the E63 wagon and glad I did. The extra bit of ground clearance, the smaller exterior, yet still large enough interior. The hatchback bad *** look. The agility. The savings of what, like 20-40k vs the wagon.

I'm incredibly satisfied with the ride quality in comfy mode, especially with the pirelli's i chose to throw on (came with conti sportcontact 6's, immediately took them off). Was concerned about road noise with the conti's and bottom line, don't need a friggin high performance, nearly track tire, on a DD SUV.

Was able to get 5% off this car, was a custom build, after shopping around. Fingers crossed it holds value and the hybrid motor comes sooner than later. Going to beat the **** out of the thing with ~20k miles a year.
T3F (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 10:46 AM

AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by sean7a
I'm incredibly satisfied with the ride quality in comfy mode, especially with the pirelli's i chose to throw on (came with conti sportcontact 6's, immediately took them off). Was concerned about road noise with the conti's and bottom line, don't need a friggin high performance, nearly track tire, on a DD SUV.
That kind of talk will get you kicked off the AMG forums...lol...
T3F (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 12:18 PM
T3F

Audi S5 Sportback
Originally Posted by sean7a
Recently took delivery of my 2021 glc63 suv.

Love it. The motor. Jesus christ the motor.

I optioned it, nothing crazy. Some of the luxuries that you should have for a car in this price range, but also a lot of stuff left off that I think is superfluous and unnecessary.

As someone else said the car is an incredible all arounder. I think it may be the ULTIMATE DD. I chose it over the E63 wagon and glad I did. The extra bit of ground clearance, the smaller exterior, yet still large enough interior. The hatchback bad *** look. The agility. The savings of what, like 20-40k vs the wagon.

Was able to get 5% off this car, was a custom build, after shopping around. Fingers crossed it holds value and the hybrid motor comes sooner than later. Going to beat the **** out of the thing with ~20k miles a year.
Really appreciate the feedback and that's exactly what I want to hear and what I'm looking for -- a great all-arounder that will be comfortable to drive daily yet is still very fun to drive. I have an Audi S5 Sportback now and it's a very good all-arounder, but the engine is bland and I wish it had a little more ground clearance and give in the suspension. I'm interested in the GLC63 over the 43 not so much because I want something faster (though that's certainly not a downside), but just because the engine has so much character and is something that won't be able to be had in this car in another year or two and (likely in anything remotely similar in another 5 years). I agree with you, I think it might hold value better than it otherwise would because of that, though who knows -- I switch cars every 3 or so years, and if I end up losing $30k or less over that time, I'd be very happy (though I also know it might be more). Good to hear on the tires, as well -- I won't knock anyone who wants to get the absolute best performance out of there's, but I'd happily give up a little for better ride quality (especially since I'm not exactly going to be pushing the limits with this car anyway -- these things are so fast that I doubt you can even approach them without risking serious jail time) and have done the same on my S5.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:25 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG GLC63 SUV, Porsche GT4
Originally Posted by T3F
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
I picked up my 2021 63suv on January 7th. To this day there is still very limited inventory of a similarly optioned car as mine. While I was shopping the info stories seemed to vary from dealer to dealer. One dealer said they were going over sticker. Another dealer in a neighboring state said they were a full MSRP car. I have a feeling (also hopeful) that they will hold their value better now that the hybrid engine was announced. Demand is high, stock is low.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:42 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
A lot
I think the hybrid engines are going to drop in 2023 not 2022, but I really don't know.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 GLC63
Originally Posted by Ruderegime
I think the hybrid engines are going to drop in 2023 not 2022, but I really don't know.
I saw the same news.