GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Opinions wanted- Paying a premium for a CPO 2020/2021 GLC63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 12:06 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Looking for E55
Opinions wanted- Paying a premium for a CPO 2020/2021 GLC63

As the title states, I’m asking for the opinions of the group here on whether you would pay a markup to get one of the last 2020/2021 vehicles in the CPO system? Preferably a 2021. I’ve found a couple here in the southwest/SoCal area with low miles with dealers asking $5-10K markups over what the guides say a CPO vehicle should be priced at. I guess the old adage applies that it’s worth whatever I FEEL it’s worth. And this IS the last year of the V8 TT. It just rubs me the wrong way to know dealers charged people a mark up less than a year ago and feel like they can do it again.

Opinions?
Old 01-25-2022, 10:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 GLC63, 2020 GLE53
Guides do not exist anymore, my Friend. You have to keep in mind that there will be GLC63 with V8 no more. So, if you have your eyes set on one - go get it! Of course , try to knock off some $$! Good luck!
Old 01-25-2022, 05:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 GLC 63
Just picked up my 20 CPO 63 with 10,235 miles on it on Xmas eve. Paid right at 80 for it and its pretty optioned out. I wasn't expecting t find one for what i paid or this close to me but i got lucky. I was willing to Get on a plane if i found what i wanted else where but i didnt have to.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:24 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63s Coupe
It sucks to pay a premium, but we're living in strange times and the V-8 has been done away with for most MB model. That being said, the engine makes it worthwhile, all I can say is that the sound that V8 make pretty makes me forget about the premium I paid. If you have the opportunity to get one, do it.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:53 AM

2021 GLC63
Agree with what others have said above. It sucks to pay a premium but with these getting harder and harder to get, it will be tough to find one without a premium that is exactly what you want. I spent about two months searching. I ended up paying a $5k premium but love the vehicle so much, it was worth it to me. The twin turbo V8 is an amazing platform. The driving experience is such a pleasure every day. The power, the sound, it’s so much fun. Even my baby loves it, she hates my wife’s Lexus lol.
The following users liked this post:
Bloom_Phaze (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 05:52 AM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Mercedes Benz AMG GLC 63s
Funny you mentioned you kid loving the car, mine does too he he he. Also I’ve got a right bone or more to pick with Lexus too, soulless cars with terrible and in ergonomic interiors. Even the LFA has a trash interior…although it does have a soul and sounds amazing, thanks to Yamaha motors lol.

Have to agree with what others have said. It is worth the car even if you need to pay a 5k premium given ceteris parabus in the market today.

Originally Posted by BDM3
Agree with what others
have said above. It sucks to pay a premium but with these getting harder and harder to get, it will be tough to find one without a premium that is exactly what you want. I spent about two months searching. I ended up paying a $5k premium but love the vehicle so much, it was worth it to me. The twin turbo V8 is an amazing platform. The driving experience is such a pleasure every day. The power, the sound, it’s so much fun. Even my baby loves it, she hates my wife’s Lexus lol.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:58 AM
sno

Received 146 Likes on 105 Posts
EQE 350+, EQS 450+, AMG C63
Paying over MSRP or a "Premium" for a car is rewarding the bad behavior of dealers. Remember once this BS passes and it will pass... and everything goes back to normal you will be even more upside down on your car thank normal. Just a thought.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:37 AM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2020 GLC63
You can't blame the dealers. Private sellers are asking more as well. If I were to sell mines I want every penny!

We're living in a time where people would pay 100K for a clapped out 30yo out Acura or Toyota. Anything and Everything is worth what the next guy will pay for it.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:40 PM

Looking for E55
I hear what you guys are saying. I hate rewarding the ****ty behavior of greedy dealers, I’m happy to pay a private seller a premium who has added wheels or a turbo upgrade, exhaust, tune but it chaps my *** to pay a dealer to do nothing! I’ve already got a 991.2 Carrera S toy and an RS6 in the household. I want a GLC63 to be my daily driver to take my son to school and not worry about putting miles on a car. I’m going to start another thread in another week or so and see if any members are selling or have a connection in the southwest. Thanks for the replies!
Old 01-26-2022, 08:26 PM

2021 GLC63
Originally Posted by sno
Paying over MSRP or a "Premium" for a car is rewarding the bad behavior of dealers. Remember once this BS passes and it will pass... and everything goes back to normal you will be even more upside down on your car thank normal. Just a thought.

Yes, I hate to give a dealer anymore than they deserve and this is the first time I’ve paid a premium. For me, I really wanted a new one so waiting for this to pass was not really an option because once this passes there will be no new ones left, not that are the V8 at least.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:25 AM

GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by BDM3
Yes, I hate to give a dealer anymore than they deserve and this is the first time I’ve paid a premium. For me, I really wanted a new one so waiting for this to pass was not really an option because once this passes there will be no new ones left, not that are the V8 at least.
Same first time I ever paid a premium, but the dealer gave me a car that was waiting to be built at the factory and allowed me to customize it however I wanted it. That customization and the engine were the two biggest selling points.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:35 AM

2021 GLC63
Originally Posted by theoryguy
Same first time I ever paid a premium, but the dealer gave me a car that was waiting to be built at the factory and allowed me to customize it however I wanted it. That customization and the engine were the two biggest selling points.
Yeah that is awesome and worth it for sure. I was not able to customize one but did find one that was the exact spec I wanted other than the exterior color. But it was still a color I liked a lot and after a few months with vehicle I have no regrets.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:42 AM

Received 361 Likes on 257 Posts
'16 C450, '21 Dad Wagon Pilot, '22 Wrangler 4xe
Keep in mind, dealers are typically paying more to get those used cars. We offered one of my customers $6k more than the MSRP on his and that still wasn't enough for us to get the car.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 BS, GLC43, Wrangler, Model X
I just picked up one of the last new 2021 GLC63s Coupe's in the country. Paying more than I'd like but considering all the dealers in Cali are asking $25-35K over I think i did okay.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:25 PM

GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by Kapoosh1
I just picked up one of the last new 2021 GLC63s Coupe's in the country. Paying more than I'd like but considering all the dealers in Cali are asking $25-35K over I think i did okay.
nice, congrats
Old 03-01-2022, 02:56 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2020 GLC 43 AMG SUV; 2020 Audi Q8 55 Prestige; 2005 CLK55 AMG Cabriolet
Originally Posted by CincyMBGuy
Keep in mind, dealers are typically paying more to get those used cars. We offered one of my customers $6k more than the MSRP on his and that still wasn't enough for us to get the car.
This is absolutely correct. I just sold my 2020 GLC 43 (17K miles) to my dealers, for basically what I paid for it new. They told me they needed nice cars to put on the lot. Every dealer is complaining that they paid too much for trade-ins.

I ended-up selling them my CLK55 convertible also, then got into a 2021 super low mile Audi S5 convertible. Yes I paid more than I should in normal times, but much less than new; it's all relative. No longer going into work everyday and don't need two SUV's, yet love the convertible/coupe experience, so convertible sportscar fun year-round for me (quattro AWD).

Old 03-01-2022, 11:31 PM

Looking for E55
I found a dealer that actually has their customers best interest at heart rather than making a quick buck. I bought a 2020 GLC63 with less than 15k including CPO for less than $80k. Most dealers would have priced it at $90-95 considering it’s completely loaded AND has a very unique designo interior. It’s on a truck to me now. I’ll post some photos when I’m actually driving it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hollywood619:
Bloom_Phaze (03-03-2022), Kapoosh1 (03-02-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 02:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 BS, GLC43, Wrangler, Model X
Originally Posted by Hollywood619
I found a dealer that actually has their customers best interest at heart rather than making a quick buck. I bought a 2020 GLC63 with less than 15k including CPO for less than $80k. Most dealers would have priced it at $90-95 considering it’s completely loaded AND has a very unique designo interior. It’s on a truck to me now. I’ll post some photos when I’m actually driving it.
Congrats! You'll love it.

That said, a non S probably MSRP'd around $80-85K but in this market that's a fair price for a facelift GLC63.

Most of the one's asking 95+ are GLC63 s models. There's can easily be a $15-20K MSRP difference between a base GLC63 suv and a well optioned GLC63 s coupe.
Old 03-03-2022, 06:25 AM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Mercedes Benz AMG GLC 63s
Congrats mate, you’re going to love the car.

Personally I would have gone for the S model for that little bit extra yet they are both awesome cars and it’s extremely practical without being too big.

BTW, did you end up choosing the Coupe or the SUV style?

Old 03-03-2022, 06:37 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2023 S500 E63S Wagon, 2018 E63S Wagon, 2017 GLC300
I’ve thought 💭 about selling my ‘21 model GLC63 if anyone is looking hit me up 🤙

Old 03-03-2022, 06:46 PM

Looking for E55
I hear what you’re saying on the price difference with the S but I can’t contribute to the downfall of automotive society and drive a coupe. Lol. On a serious note, I looked at a couple, drove them too, but there honestly isn’t much of a performance difference and I really hate the look. I’ve got a new CPC module and Cypher module on their way from Weistec over to Goodspeed here in Phoenix to address the power, TCU tune and torque limiters. It should be pretty fun.
I’m gonna post it separately, but does anybody know where to get wheel spacers with extended wheel bolts? I can find the spacers, but not a good source for the extended wheel bolts, especially black ones.
The following users liked this post:
Kapoosh1 (03-04-2022)
Old 03-03-2022, 06:53 PM

I hear what you’re saying on the price difference with the S but I can’t contribute to the downfall of automotive society and drive a coupe. Lol. On a serious note, I looked at a couple, drove them too, but there honestly isn’t much of a performance difference and I really hate the look. I’ve got a new CPC module and Cypher module on their way from Weistec over to Goodspeed here in Phoenix to address the power, TCU tune and torque limiters. It should be pretty fun.
I’m gonna post it separately, but does anybody know where to get wheel spacers with extended wheel bolts? I can find the spacers, but not a good source for the extended wheel bolts, especially black ones.
avoid spacers if possible. Go with a proper customer wheel set. Especially with the launch 🚀 capabilities of the AWD if you’re going to tune it.

otherwise you’ll be blowing **** up, ripping axles, driveshafts and transfer cases. Or bending rods.

also, make sure to ventilate as much crank case pressure as you can. The SUV’esque physics kick in and they are more prone to failures from these load transfer forces. High Torque Launches and what not. G63 as well suffering some failures of seals when at higher HP levels.

Last edited by Chris Armstrong; 03-04-2022 at 02:27 AM.
Old 03-05-2022, 03:04 PM

Looking for E55
That’s good advice Chris. I’ll stay on the low side for spacers and just go for the 12mm ones until I can get a set of BC forged on the books. HRE are a year out for orders right now and even though Ferrada and other cast wheels look cool, my experience with them on heavy SUVs is that they just bend at the first sight of pot hole and I end up chasing repairs. I’d really rather not put wheels on it to be honest, I love the stock wheels, I just hate the way they set the rear all sucked in. I’ve been trying to do a lot of reading about this crabbing issue and the companies making adjustable suspension components to overcome it. Namely KMAC and their adjustable ball joints and control arms.
Old 03-05-2022, 03:55 PM

That’s good advice Chris. I’ll stay on the low side for spacers and just go for the 12mm ones until I can get a set of BC forged on the books. HRE are a year out for orders right now and even though Ferrada and other cast wheels look cool, my experience with them on heavy SUVs is that they just bend at the first sight of pot hole and I end up chasing repairs. I’d really rather not put wheels on it to be honest, I love the stock wheels, I just hate the way they set the rear all sucked in. I’ve been trying to do a lot of reading about this crabbing issue and the companies making adjustable suspension components to overcome it. Namely KMAC and their adjustable ball joints and control arms.
Agreed, they could’ve done a better offset with the factory wheels. Sucked in Stance kinda odd. I am rocking -3 degrees of Camber 😂 it was the best we could align it at -28/-38 setting

Overall I think you will enjoy the vehicle at stage 2 power levels.

It makes a major difference with tuning. Sounds are awesome with Downpipes installed too. Which in my opinion Intake, exhaust Downpipes, ECU/TCU/CPC tune… the sweet spot on these vehicles. Not too crazy but not too slow.

past stage 2 you’ll see a diminishing return on mods. It gets very $ to knock ✊ seconds off. Seems like you need qty 2 of everything in these vehicles 😂 2 intakes, 2 turbos, 2 BOV’s, blast 30k in the blink of an eye 👁

But you Should be able to keep up with a stock E63S through the 1/4 mile at that level. Which is great for a vehicle of this size and weight. Saving a lot of coin 🪙 over the E class wagon in the process.

there are GLC’s running low 10’s-High 9’s out there. But at a substantial cost (more than E63S acquisition)

Having had many E63’s myself I think 🤔 it’s a great purchase.
Old 03-06-2022, 02:27 PM

Looking for E55
That’s exactly my goal with car. I can’t touch a well optioned E63s wagon for less than $120-140. I’m going to put adjustable links on it for a mild drop of about 20mm, Red Star downpipes, Eventuri intake and a stage 2 ECU/TCU/CPC tune along with a sweet set of BC Forged wheels. If I can get it running 10.50-10.80 and 0-60 in the low 3s I’ll be really happy. I’ll be using Weistec for all my tuning. Since I live in Phoenix, AZ I’m also going to to add their methanol injection kit just to be on the safe side. It’s a pain in the *** to be refilling, but I’m not going to be running around at WOT all the time so I’ll be OK. I’ve got 2 55 gallon drums of Sunoco 104 unleaded race fuel if I ever decide to get really crazy 😜
The guys at Weistec tell me that their W.3 turbo upgrade kit makes this thing truly beastly, but I’m not sure I want to start chasing the rods & pistons suspension components all the time. It’s just not worth it to me, this is my daily.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions wanted- Paying a premium for a CPO 2020/2021 GLC63