GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Car Washing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2022, 10:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC Coupe 43 AMG
Car Washing

I just received my new ‘23 glc 43 amg coupe of weeks ago. The car does not have the car wash mode like previous models. After looking at the handbook, the prep for going through a car wash seems overly complicated. Particularly the part about having the key be 10 ft away from the vehicle. Anyone figured out an easier alternative?
Old 12-19-2022, 08:36 PM

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
2020 AMG GLC 43
I just looked in the manual for my '20 GLC 43, and had no idea about any of that car wash prep stuff. The only thing I've ever done when going through a car wash is to turn off the wipers. That's it. Never had a problem with the tailgate opening, or any of the other things it warns you about. I wouldn't worry about it.
The following users liked this post:
ParadigmDawg (01-03-2023)
Old 12-20-2022, 08:53 AM

AMG GLC 43
I don't really trust car washes with scratches etc. Consider hand washing. Here is a great YouTube link that gave me tips and products to consider buying. Good luck

Old 12-20-2022, 02:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by hecman
I don't really trust car washes with scratches etc. Consider hand washing. Here is a great YouTube link that gave me tips and products to consider buying. Good luck

https://youtu.be/YsKO1QPRhUM
I go one better when I wash my cars. (One is black (Porsche), the other is gray metallic (GLC 43). I use a CR Spotless filter for the rinse cycle. I also bought a Bigboi BlowR MINI+ Car Dryer. I use a Pressure washer as well.
I do the wheels first pretty much the way he does it in the video. I use
Meguiar's Wheel Cleaner Meguiar's Wheel Cleaner
Then on to the car. I foam the car twice. (I foam the wheels both times even though I've already used a brush on them.) For the first foaming, I only rinse it off with the pressure washer. (i.e. no manual washing) Then I foam again and use a wash mitt but lightly since the dirt is mostly gone already. Then I rinse with the D-ionized water. Then I use the dryer to dry the entire car. So it's mostly a contactless wash except for the wash mitt on the 2nd foaming. Then I usually finish up with a detail spray.

I find that even on my black car, it maintains a very clean appearance. (The black car, is ceramic coated, the last time 2 1/2 years ago. The gray metallic car is not ceramic coated.)
hecman (12-20-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 11:26 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
C63
I've run my 2022 GLC43 through touchless car washes numerous times with zero issues. I will not use the ones that have the spinner wheels that scratch and rub your paint. Other times I will hand wash but my car is Polar White, so normal wear and such is not as well seen on white paint jobs and they tend to look great! I always finish mine off with some ceramic spray. Gets any remaining water spots off and makes the surface slippery clean.
Old 01-03-2023, 06:07 AM

GLC Coupe 43 AMG
Car washing

I appreciate all the feedback! I did hand wash twice with but figured having a quicker option might help. Yes, my biggest concern was the tailgate opening or a ton of sensor beeping. I decided to just do some of the recommendation in the manual by disabling all the parking & braking assist features, raising the body from the lowered setting and turning off the air blower feature. The car wash was touchless and everything was fine. No beeping or tailgate opening. It didn’t take long to change the settings but they really should have kept the car wash mode button.
Old 01-03-2023, 01:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GLC 43 Coupe
Hi, congrats on your 2023 GLC43. Mind sharing when you placed your order? I am still waiting on my June 2022 order to leave Germany. How long did you have to wait (after it was built) before it got put on a ship? Thanks!
Old 01-03-2023, 02:10 PM

GLC Coupe 43 AMG
Originally Posted by schudson9
Hi, congrats on your 2023 GLC43. Mind sharing when you placed your order? I am still waiting on my June 2022 order to leave Germany. How long did you have to wait (after it was built) before it got put on a ship? Thanks!

I ordered on March 16, 2022. I was told that it would take about 6-8 months. I was willing to wait b/c I really wanted the lunar blue color (as well as other customized features) which was not available in any of the dealerships nationwide. Around September, my dealership agent let me know that it was done and was being put on the ship. It took 6 weeks for it to get stateside and another 1.5 weeks to get inspected for all the regulations. 4 days on the truck to get to my southern state. I got it Nov. 3. It was from the first batch of the 23.” It was definitely worth the wait!
RavenCLS (01-03-2023)