Notices

2020 V167 GLE

 
Old 12-13-2018, 10:52 AM
  #1526  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,585
Received 169 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Daimler tweet

Funny tweet:

GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 11:22 AM
  #1527  
PREMIUM SPONSOR
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 344
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
Anyone who still needs an order guide send an email:

[email protected]
sroumeliotis@eurogermantown.com is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 11:31 AM
  #1528  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,585
Received 169 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
DOG

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Anyone who still needs an order guide send an email:
[email protected]
Has it been updated since the original 11/2 "first preliminary draft?"
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 11:35 AM
  #1529  
PREMIUM SPONSOR
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 344
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
Yes, was updated with MSRPs
sroumeliotis@eurogermantown.com is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 12:05 PM
  #1530  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,634
Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yes, was updated with MSRPs

If you mean the base prices were inserted and nothing else, they were released by MB two weeks ago. I can get a copy from my dealer and repost for any still wanting a copy. We really want all of the prices.
JoeMa is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 12:26 PM
  #1531  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,585
Received 169 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
DOG update

Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
If you mean the base prices were inserted and nothing else, they were released by MB two weeks ago. I can get a copy from my dealer and repost for any still wanting a copy. We really want all of the prices.

Maybe some of the "TBD" option prices were added? Wouldn't hurt to get it.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 01:23 PM
  #1532  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,585
Received 169 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Updated DOG

Here it is. Don't see too much new. Base prices added. H35 trim description changed from Brown to Black.
Attached Files
GregW / Oregon is offline  
The following users liked this post:
ShrimpKing (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 02:08 PM
  #1533  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,634
Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Here it is. Don't see too much new. Base prices added. H35 trim description changed from Brown to Black.
Thanks for posting it Greg, glad we didn't have to email you for a copy.
JoeMa is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 02:23 PM
  #1534  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,634
Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Here it is. Don't see too much new. Base prices added. H35 trim description changed from Brown to Black.
Maybe I missed it in the initial release of the DOG but the DA0 - MBUX Technology Package is now showing $1600
JoeMa is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 03:43 PM
  #1535  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 57
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 GLE 450, 2018 Mulsanne speed
new DOG also added 883 soft close door $550. but still not mention about magic vision control
ShrimpKing is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 04:21 PM
  #1536  
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 5,251
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Anyone know if the release will be early, mid or late spring?

on another note when does the new gls get released
RJC is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 04:26 PM
  #1537  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,585
Received 169 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
DOG update 12/4/2018

Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
Maybe I missed it in the initial release of the DOG but the DA0 - MBUX Technology Package is now showing $1600
Here's a page-by-page of differences I noted from the original draft:
  • P. 2 - "Update on Sand-Alone Options, Trims and Pricing; 12/4/2018 Upate MSRP
  • P. 4 - MSRPs added
  • P. 9 - "...and illuminated door sill panels" added to Ambient lighting description
  • P. 10 - "...and illuminated door sill panels" added to Ambient lighting description
  • P. 14 - Bullet point "Illuminated door sill panels with Mercedes-Benz lettering" added
  • P. 20 - Heated and Ventilated Front Seats (401) reduced in price from $570 to $450
  • P. 34 - H35 trim description changed from "brown" to "black"
  • P. 36 - DG1 AMG Exterior Line price for GLE 450 added - $3,250 ($350 more than for the GLE 350)
  • P. 37 - DC1 Night Package price reduced in price from $750 to $300
  • P. 38 - DA0 MBUX Technology Package price added - $1,600 ($150 more than I estimated)
  • P. 39 - 401 Heated and Ventilated Front Seats price reduced from $570 to $450
  • P. 40 - 883 Soft Close Doors added - $550
  • P. 40 - 61U Headliner DINAMICA Black price added - $1,600 (exactly what I estimated)
  • P. 40 - P64 Passenger Seat memory dereased in price from $365 to $350
So, price on a few options went down, most notably the Night Package.

Edit: Updated pricing worksheet added.
Attached Files

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 12-13-2018 at 06:25 PM.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by GregW / Oregon:
JoeMa (12-13-2018), ShrimpKing (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 04:28 PM
  #1538  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,585
Received 169 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Schedule

Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Anyone know if the release will be early, mid or late spring?

On another note when does the new gls get released
Several of us have cars being built at the beginning of February, so I'm thinking first deliveries no later than beginning of March (hope sooner). I have not been tracking GLS, but I would think late 2019 - check in with that forum.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 05:14 PM
  #1539  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,634
Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Thanks Greg for the careful gleaning of changes in the latest DOG. Below is my updated build costs:

JoeMa is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 05:47 PM
  #1540  
Senior Member
 
Skizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 386
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
like s#!t
Hi - new to this forum section, but not to mbworld. Am looking to build and buy the GLE450, and this forum has been a huge help with lots of great info. Thanks to all.

Visited dealer today and discussing slot and build. Netstar still has option code 811 (which should be Burmester 3D) as Bang & Olufsen surround, and would not allow it or be ordered with the premium package (DP1). Does anyone know if you are trying to order it and can't, and the order locks, are you SOL on upgraded audio system? Dealer did not really know but will call Port to try to find out. Anybody run into this already, or are most going for the MBUX Tech package (DA0), which is mutually exclusive? As the GLE has MBUX standard per the DOG, with natural voice, etc., what does the (DA0) MBUX Technology Package offer beyond the base package? I know what HUD (463) is, and I think I get what the (U19) augmented video for Nav does, but what does the (77B) Interior Assistant do beyond the base system, besides turn on a passenger seat light if you reach over to grab something in that area?

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I searched first before I asked, but could not find pointed info about it. Thanks again for everyone's input and civility. I've spent a lot of time in the W211 forum.
Skizz is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 05:53 PM
  #1541  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 662
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Am I correct in assuming that the next DOG will be January? The pattern so far is early November & early December..... That’s going to be like waiting years at this point.
Ron.s is online now  
Old 12-13-2018, 06:03 PM
  #1542  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,585
Received 169 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
DOG update

Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post
Am I correct in assuming that the next DOG will be January? The pattern so far is early November & early December..... Thatís going to be like waiting years at this point.
I doubt anything will change until after the holidays, but who know?
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 06:17 PM
  #1543  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,585
Received 169 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Order configuration issues

Originally Posted by Skizz View Post
Hi - new to this forum section, but not to mbworld. Am looking to build and buy the GLE450, and this forum has been a huge help with lots of great info. Thanks to all.

Visited dealer today and discussing slot and build. Netstar still has option code 811 (which should be Burmester 3D) as Bang & Olufsen surround, and would not allow it or be ordered with the premium package (DP1). Does anyone know if you are trying to order it and can't, and the order locks, are you SOL on upgraded audio system? Dealer did not really know but will call Port to try to find out. Anybody run into this already, or are most going for the MBUX Tech package (DA0), which is mutually exclusive?
Did you have DG1 AMG Line Exterior on you order? That is mutually exclusive for some unknown reason (not sure what exterior styling has to do with the sound system). This is not noted on p. 39 of the DOG, bu only on p. 45. The 811 option actually says, "Requires Premium Package (DP1PKG)." I have added a note to my pricing worksheet.

As the GLE has MBUX standard per the DOG, with natural voice, etc., what does the (DA0) MBUX Technology Package offer beyond the base package? I know what HUD (463) is, and I think I get what the (U19) augmented video for Nav does, but what does the (77B) Interior Assistant do beyond the base system, besides turn on a passenger seat light if you reach over to grab something in that area?
Interior Assistant distinguishes between driver and passenger movements, so if the passenger goes to adjust something in the MBUX it will affect settings on their side; this is in addition to thinks like the light function that you noted.
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I searched first before I asked, but could not find pointed info about it. Thanks again for everyone's input and civility. I've spent a lot of time in the W211 forum.
What the hell, you didn't read all 1,539 posts before you asked question?!

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 12-13-2018 at 06:24 PM.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 06:24 PM
  #1544  
Senior Member
 
Skizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 386
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
like s#!t
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Did you have DG1 AMG Line Exterior on you order? That is mutually exclusive for some unknown reason. The option actually says, "Requires Premium Package (DP1PKG)."
I did have the DG1 and the DP1. The only thing that was a prob was 811 with DP1.


Interior Assistant distinguishes between driver and passenger movements, so if the passenger goes to adjust something in the MBUX it will affect settings on their side; this is in addition to thinks like the light function that you noted.
Thanks. That helps to figure out whether I want to forgo the MBUX Tech package for the upgraded audio, which I will.

What the hell, you didn't read all 1,539 posts before you asked question?!
I actually have read all 1,500+ posts, but I searched again to make sure I didn't miss anything. Like I said, I spent a lot of time in the W211 section. There's sharks in them waters
Skizz is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 06:28 PM
  #1545  
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 5,251
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Several of us have cars being built at the beginning of February, so I'm thinking first deliveries no later than beginning of March (hope sooner). I have not been tracking GLS, but I would think late 2019 - check in with that forum.
March or sooner would be great...I hope they dont get held up
RJC is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 06:28 PM
  #1546  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,585
Received 169 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Originally Posted by Skizz View Post
I actually have read all 1,500+ posts, but I searched again to make sure I didn't miss anything. Like I said, I spent a lot of time in the W211 section. There's sharks in them waters
Sounds like you like to mod, which is cool. My daily driver is an M4; the GLE will not see extensive modding!
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 06:30 PM
  #1547  
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 5,251
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
Thanks Greg for the careful gleaning of changes in the latest DOG. Below is my updated build costs:

Nice build...why no 22's?
RJC is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 06:31 PM
  #1548  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,585
Received 169 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
22" wheels

Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Nice build...why no 22's?
22s not offered in the US. Probably saving them for the GLE 53 & 63.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 06:33 PM
  #1549  
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 5,251
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Here's a page-by-page of differences I noted from the original draft:
  • P. 2 - "Update on Sand-Alone Options, Trims and Pricing; 12/4/2018 Upate MSRP
  • P. 4 - MSRPs added
  • P. 9 - "...and illuminated door sill panels" added to Ambient lighting description
  • P. 10 - "...and illuminated door sill panels" added to Ambient lighting description
  • P. 14 - Bullet point "Illuminated door sill panels with Mercedes-Benz lettering" added
  • P. 20 - Heated and Ventilated Front Seats (401) reduced in price from $570 to $450
  • P. 34 - H35 trim description changed from "brown" to "black"
  • P. 36 - DG1 AMG Exterior Line price for GLE 450 added - $3,250 ($350 more than for the GLE 350)
  • P. 37 - DC1 Night Package price reduced in price from $750 to $300
  • P. 38 - DA0 MBUX Technology Package price added - $1,600 ($150 more than I estimated)
  • P. 39 - 401 Heated and Ventilated Front Seats price reduced from $570 to $450
  • P. 40 - 883 Soft Close Doors added - $550
  • P. 40 - 61U Headliner DINAMICA Black price added - $1,600 (exactly what I estimated)
  • P. 40 - P64 Passenger Seat memory dereased in price from $365 to $350
So, price on a few options went down, most notably the Night Package.

Edit: Updated pricing worksheet added.
I dont see the 22" wheels in the DOG...are they delayed availablity?
RJC is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 06:42 PM
  #1550  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,585
Received 169 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
My build

Here's my updated build. Was conservative on a few things to get the E-ABC.


Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 12-13-2018 at 06:49 PM.
GregW / Oregon is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2020 V167 GLE


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: