Notices

2020 V167 GLE

 
Old 12-13-2018, 06:51 PM
  #1551  
Senior Member
 
Skizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 386
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
like s#!t
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Sounds like you like to mod, which is cool. My daily driver is an M4; the GLE will not see extensive modding!
You M4 guys hassled me ceaselessly on the Dallas roadways! Of course, every Infiniti G30 and Mustang wanted a piece of me too; I hated it when my wife was with me! Sadly, the E is gone to a new owner but have very fond memories. Just haven't changed my sig yet. I did really get into that car, and it was really a fun car to play with. If you see the audio in the sig, you'll understand the 811 audio question here. I'm 55, but still listen loud. Wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that I've got tinnitus now.... Currently driving a GLC43 that I can't wait to turn back in and start drive something a bit bigger and softer, so getting the ABC on GLE. Was a hair's breadth away from buying a Cayenne, but then read that the GLE will start hitting the streets 1st quarter next year, and after research, decided to hold out for one. Yeah, the GLE will see no mods, unless it's some really plush mats or something.
Skizz is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 06:53 PM
  #1552  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,647
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Originally Posted by Skizz View Post
You M4 guys hassled me ceaselessly on the Dallas roadways! Of course, every Infiniti G30 and Mustang wanted a piece of me too; I hated it when my wife was with me! Sadly, the E is gone to a new owner but have very fond memories. Just haven't changed my sig yet. I did really get into that car, and it was really a fun car to play with. If you see the audio in the sig, you'll understand the 811 audio question here. I'm 55, but still listen loud. Wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that I've got tinnitus now.... Currently driving a GLC43 that I can't wait to turn back in and start drive something a bit bigger and softer, so getting the ABC on GLE. Was a hair's breadth away from buying a Cayenne, but then read that the GLE will start hitting the streets 1st quarter next year, and after research, decided to hold out for one. Yeah, the GLE will see no mods, unless it's some really plush mats or something.
I'm 70 and not going to act my age (in some ways) anytime soon!
GregW / Oregon is online now  
Old 12-13-2018, 06:58 PM
  #1553  
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 5,255
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Where are the 22's in the DOG?
RJC is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 07:18 PM
  #1554  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,647
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
22" wheels

Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Where are the 22's in the DOG?
See #1548 - we don't get them. Of course, that could change, or maybe they will be reserved for the 53 & 63.
GregW / Oregon is online now  
Old 12-13-2018, 07:28 PM
  #1555  
Senior Member
 
Skizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 386
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
like s#!t

This is the build I'm trying to move on. Depending on how much the RWA wheels are over the RZV, which are included in the AMG line exterior package. I'll probably get aftermarket wheels anyway, as I have the RWA's on my GLC43 and they are a nightmare to keep clean. So much for not modding the GLE.
Skizz is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 07:43 PM
  #1556  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,647
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Originally Posted by Skizz View Post
This is the build I'm trying to move on. Depending on how much the RWA wheels are over the RZV, which are included in the AMG line exterior package. I'll probably get aftermarket wheels anyway, as I have the RWA's on my GLC43 and they are a nightmare to keep clean. So much for not modding the GLE.
Passenger seat memory down to $350 - saved you fifteen bucks!
GregW / Oregon is online now  
Old 12-13-2018, 07:53 PM
  #1557  
Senior Member
 
Skizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 386
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
like s#!t
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Passenger seat memory down to $350 - saved you fifteen bucks!
Wonder how far that'll go towards the rear window spoiler?

Was in your neck of the woods last month. Pounded a few down at the stickmen. Man, I love it up that way. Would move there in a second if I could.
Skizz is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 08:28 PM
  #1558  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,647
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
RWA wheels

Originally Posted by Skizz View Post
Depending on how much the RWA wheels are over the RZV, which are included in the AMG line exterior package. I'll probably get aftermarket wheels anyway, as I have the RWA's on my GLC43 and they are a nightmare to keep clean.
Looking at Euro prices, and comparing the US prices on the 20" 50R with the 21" staggered 77R, I'm estimating the upcharge for the RWA at $1,000.
GregW / Oregon is online now  
Old 12-13-2018, 09:21 PM
  #1559  
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 5,255
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
See #1548 - we don't get them. Of course, that could change, or maybe they will be reserved for the 53 & 63.

That's a stupid move on MBUSA's part, as they truly make this vehicle look its best + they show them on a 450 at MBUSA...hope they correct this.
RJC is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 10:01 PM
  #1560  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,647
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
That's a stupid move on MBUSA's part, as they truly make this vehicle look its best + they show them on a 450 at MBUSA...hope they correct this.
Agree - letís complain to them.
GregW / Oregon is online now  
Old 12-13-2018, 10:14 PM
  #1561  
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 5,255
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post

Agree - let’s complain to them.
Let's at least start here, perhaps a seperate thread?

HEY MBUSA IF YOU'RE LISTENING...WE WANT THE 22'S
THANK YOU
RJC is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 10:25 PM
  #1562  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,647
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
22s for US

Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Let's at least start here, perhaps a seperate thread?

HEY MBUSA IF YOU'RE LISTENING...WE WANT THE 22'S
THANK YOU
That's fine, but you can also be more direct. Got to MBUSA.com - login - under "Discover Mercedes-Benz" select Contact Us/Email/Write and send your message.

Here's the one I just sent:

"I ordered the 2020 GLE 450 on the first day I could, 11/7. Your press launch in San Antonio showed GLE 450s with the 22" wheel option, which I really wanted. It is also readily available to order in Europe on this model. Why is it not an available option in the US? Seems like a bad move.
I have had the first of every new model starting in 1997. I am looking forward to this one, but it could be better with 22s. Thanks."
I attached a pic of the 22s from San Antonio.
GregW / Oregon is online now  
Old 12-13-2018, 10:59 PM
  #1563  
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 5,255
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Yes, that's why I said let's start here...
MBUSA also needs to know (which I'll mention) that the main 450 they feature has them.
RJC is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 11:07 PM
  #1564  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,635
Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Greg, the AMG Line Exterior is pricy at $3,250 and may already include the 21" Multi-Spoke Wheels. And the DOG doesn't indicate any up charge for the 20" or 21" wheels or list them either as optional. Your thoughts?
JoeMa is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 11:19 PM
  #1565  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,647
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
AMG 21" wheels upcharge

Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
Greg, the AMG Line Exterior is pricy at $3,250 and may already include the 21" Multi-Spoke Wheels. And the DOG doesn't indicate any up charge for the 20" or 21" wheels or list them either as optional. Your thoughts?
Joe, the 20" AMG wheels are definitely included, but the 21s then have to be then be an upcharge. If you look at the German Konfigurator, the AMG 20s are no cost with the Exterior Line package, but the 21s are €1,071, which is €900 after backing out the VAT. The DOG should list TBD for the 21s cost.
GregW / Oregon is online now  
Old 12-14-2018, 06:16 AM
  #1566  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,635
Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Joe, the 20" AMG wheels are definitely included, but the 21s then have to be then be an upcharge. If you look at the German Konfigurator, the AMG 20s are no cost with the Exterior Line package, but the 21s are €1,071, which is €900 after backing out the VAT. The DOG should list TBD for the 21s cost.
Your correct, the dog mentions there're be an upcharge in the description of the AMG Line Exterior Package:

JoeMa is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 07:54 AM
  #1567  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 57
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 GLE 450, 2018 Mulsanne speed
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
That's fine, but you can also be more direct. Got to MBUSA.com - login - under "Discover Mercedes-Benz" select Contact Us/Email/Write and send your message.

Here's the one I just sent:

"I ordered the 2020 GLE 450 on the first day I could, 11/7. Your press launch in San Antonio showed GLE 450s with the 22" wheel option, which I really wanted. It is also readily available to order in Europe on this model. Why is it not an available option in the US? Seems like a bad move.
I have had the first of every new model starting in 1997. I am looking forward to this one, but it could be better with 22s. Thanks."
I attached a pic of the 22s from San Antonio.
Would be interesting to see how they replied. But really hope they will add 22" wheels to 450
ShrimpKing is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 08:13 AM
  #1568  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,635
Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Originally Posted by ShrimpKing View Post
Would be interesting to see how they replied. But really hope they will add 22" wheels to 450
I would have went with the 22's as well (great looking wheel) but I'm not holding my breath. I think Greg is right about MB holding them back for the AMG variants. If the GLE AMG 53 offers the 22's and some other AMG-related options like a carbon fiber steering wheel and panels, I thought I might trade the GLE 450 for an AMG 53 in a year or two. And I get why MB would want to differentiate between the 350/450 and the AMG models.
JoeMa is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 10:01 AM
  #1569  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 683
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
I agree Joe, the 22’s are one of the few ways to differentiate a true AMG 53 or 63 exterior. Others being the exhaust and maybe a few trim pieces. Even if they made them available it probably won’t change anything for those with orders locked for production.
Ron.s is online now  
Old 12-14-2018, 10:24 AM
  #1570  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,647
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
22" wheels for US

Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post
I agree Joe, the 22ís are one of the few ways to differentiate a true AMG 53 or 63 exterior. Others being the exhaust and maybe a few trim pieces. Even if they made them available it probably wonít change anything for those with orders locked for production.
If they are being reserved for the upscale models, it's funny they showed them in San Antonio; they will have less new to show when they debut the 53.
GregW / Oregon is online now  
Old 12-14-2018, 10:35 AM
  #1571  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 683
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
If they are being reserved for the upscale models, it's funny they showed them in San Antonio; they will have less new to show when they debut the 53.
Itís always a mystery to me why European models are configured differently. There is a disclaimer in the DOG that the wheels pictured are on a European vehicle and not available in the US. Unless itís a supply issue there must be some reason M-B USA isnít making them available here. Surely they would know about the popularity and appeal factor.
Ron.s is online now  
Old 12-14-2018, 10:57 AM
  #1572  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,647
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Euro options & prices

Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post
It’s always a mystery to me why European models are configured differently. There is a disclaimer in the DOG that the wheels pictured are on a European vehicle and not available in the US. Unless it’s a supply issue there must be some reason M-B USA isn’t making them available here. Surely they would know about the popularity and appeal factor.
Be thankful we're not paying their prices. My configuration in Germany (close as I could spec) comes out to €104,672; backing out 19% VAT it's still €87,960 = $99,334 compared to $83,445 in US. Almost everything is optional there. Even a black fabric headliner instead of grey is €416.50.

https://www.mercedes-benz.de/passeng...?Mcid=MS7CZEAV

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 12-14-2018 at 11:04 AM.
GregW / Oregon is online now  
Old 12-14-2018, 11:53 AM
  #1573  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,647
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Mileage

European test cycle figures for the GLE 450 are 12.61/7.61/9.41 l/100km, which converts to 18.65/30.91/25.0 mpg (city/highway/combined). Of course, the European tests are much different the the EPA's which usually results in quite a bit higher efficiency numbers for Europe.

GregW / Oregon is online now  
Old 12-14-2018, 12:17 PM
  #1574  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,635
Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
If they are being reserved for the upscale models, it's funny they showed them in San Antonio; they will have less new to show when they debut the 53.
True but those appeared to be euro-spec builds since several had options bundled together that we cannot get in the US. For example, the AutogefŁhl video shows a GLE 450 with a Burmester 3D Sound System and Head-Up display. We cannot order that combination here, I tried. The Multi-Spoke wheels we're getting may have a better ride and look a bit more luxurious and less sporty. I know, I'm just trying to ease my/our pain.
JoeMa is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 12:22 PM
  #1575  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,647
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
22" wheels for US

Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
The Multi-Spoke wheels we're getting may have a better ride and look a bit more luxurious and less sporty. I know, I'm just trying to ease my/our pain.
I agree - ideal would be 21s in the style of the 22s. I do like the dish and meatiness on the 21 rears, as seen in this photo:

GregW / Oregon is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2020 V167 GLE


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: