Notices

Why are all the reviews so confusing?

 
Old 02-05-2019, 10:43 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC
Why are all the reviews so confusing?

I'm looking to pre-order the 2020 GLE and at first I was SUPER excited, but then the dealerships have been a turn off. The only saving grace I've really enjoyed is there seems to be some really decent videos coming out.

Have you guys seen this one? Seems like she messed up the MSRP, and I'm not a fan of the red, but it seems like the GLE is REALLY well thought out. THANK GOD for USB C ports in the back. Does anyone know what wattage each connection will be?


JCL622 is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 01:27 AM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rustybear3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greater Cleveland area
Posts: 1,209
Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet
What's not to like? Why are the dealerships a turn off?
rustybear3 is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 02:08 AM
  #3  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
What's not to like? Why are the dealerships a turn off?
i just don't feel like i'm getting good and truthful answers. (mind you, i've moved and the dealership i dealt with for the last 20 years (Rallye) is no longer accessible for me). But I think i've watched this video like 2-3 times already
JCL622 is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 08:04 AM
  #4  
Super Member
 
ygmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 609
Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
2015 E400
what are your questions?
ygmn is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 12:59 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,638
Received 109 Likes on 87 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Originally Posted by JCL622 View Post
I'm looking to pre-order the 2020 GLE and at first I was SUPER excited, but then the dealerships have been a turn off. The only saving grace I've really enjoyed is there seems to be some really decent videos coming out.
IMO, this is the best and most honest review of the new GLE available:


JoeMa is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 10:04 PM
  #6  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC
I'm not looking for a discount, but just some clarity on how i want to price this out. They keep manually typing out options vs just giving me the options form. I know the information is online, but it's very frustrating to feel like things are less than "clear" or "honest" - and instead they'll interject with things like "oh, A LOT of people or pre-ordering, so this is just the way we are doing it"....
JCL622 is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 10:05 PM
  #7  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC
That was ridiculously comprehensive. But was also hard to watch through the whole thing without scrubbing. I Mean, i even find it hard to sit through the Grand Tour in its entirety these days.

That's why I linked that Andie video, i'm really enjoying that form of content. Less monologue, a bit more dynamic video, and I really appreciate the cinematics.
JCL622 is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 05:15 PM
  #8  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dorset, UK
Posts: 637
Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
GLC 43
Good review but didn't want to hear about bread or pumpkins.
Philamg is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 05:27 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rustybear3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greater Cleveland area
Posts: 1,209
Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet
Originally Posted by JCL622 View Post
I'm not looking for a discount, but just some clarity on how i want to price this out. They keep manually typing out options vs just giving me the options form. I know the information is online, but it's very frustrating to feel like things are less than "clear" or "honest" - and instead they'll interject with things like "oh, A LOT of people or pre-ordering, so this is just the way we are doing it"....
Where is pricing for options online for the 2020? Wonder when the DOG will come out on this?
rustybear3 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:55 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 255
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

To OP

What is your issue? All the reviews have been very positive and excellent. Just do yourself a favor and google 2020 Mercedes GLE review and read them all carefully. What does a dealership know at this point??? They havent even all had their dealership training session with the GLE yet but its very promising. You just did not even ask a question or anything...I guess you are not experience or know much about cars... I already did my homework and printed out the pricing forms for all the options and read the GLE options brochure and selected all the packages, colors, etc I wanted and gave it to my dealership. The pricing at MRSP is listed on that options sheet that is attached to the top of this forum...

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post7595550

Last edited by Baloo588; 02-11-2019 at 12:58 AM.
Baloo588 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 07:40 AM
  #11  
Junior Member
 
ichsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 Mercedes-Benz GLA 200 AMG
We wish our review about our 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 can help and guide you
Read our full article with the full photos and some videos here https://www.topspeed.com/cars/merced...-ar184445.html

Last edited by ichsan; 02-11-2019 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Emoji doesn't works
ichsan is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:11 PM
  #12  
Super Member
 
Ron.s's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 753
Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by Baloo588 View Post
To OP

What is your issue? All the reviews have been very positive and excellent. Just do yourself a favor and google 2020 Mercedes GLE review and read them all carefully. What does a dealership know at this point??? They havent even all had their dealership training session with the GLE yet but its very promising. You just did not even ask a question or anything...I guess you are not experience or know much about cars... I already did my homework and printed out the pricing forms for all the options and read the GLE options brochure and selected all the packages, colors, etc I wanted and gave it to my dealership. The pricing at MRSP is listed on that options sheet that is attached to the top of this forum...
https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post7595550
Good advice! I found several dealers that were reluctant to order or discuss pricing. The current DOG is preliminary so pricing could still change-but probably won’t change much. Two of these dealers were “large car market” so that surprised me. I assume they are concerned that some pricing might change and the customer will be disappointed or demand that prelim price.
When I ordered I sat with the Salesman and he shared the MSRP listed as prelim, but my order was printed with no pricing. I had some difficulty reconciling the official printout with the pricing sheet I already had done. That might be another legitimate reason to have a separate form for early orders.
Ron.s is online now  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why are all the reviews so confusing?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: