GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

2020 GLE Owners Pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 09:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Gle 53 amg
2021 GLE 53 amg

Ordered before X'mas and just picked up two weeks ago. Iridium silver. Truffle-black. The SUV came loaded with almost all Canadian options and packages, except upgraded Burmeister and rear seat entertainment. I took a few picture under different lighting conditions. Iridium silver seems having lost some of its popularity, but, to my eyes, it looks clean and rich, showing the shape and lines extremely well, especially with Night Package. Initially ordered red interior but changed to truffle.

It drives very well: supple and tight at the same time. For someone starts to need reading glasses and hate computer screens sitting too close to me, the shining displays are a bit annoying. Basic Burmeister system needed a bit adjustment, but eventually sounds quite good. Coming from many merc, bimmer, audi executive sedans/wagons/SUVs (no super sport cars), GLE 53 doesn't have the quietest cabin, even with the Acoustic Comfort Package. I would rank my 2018 Q7 way ahead. But, GLE 53 still feels more luxurious overall, and, quite a bit more sporty.

So far, loving it!

The following 5 users liked this post by atmgr:
bikedude (03-21-2021), jdhoang (04-05-2021), Lanzz (03-24-2021), Professor1234 (03-21-2021), WindInMyHair (12-22-2022)
Old 03-21-2021, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,025 Likes on 696 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
That was fast from order to delivery. Your seats look like they are flawless...is the drivers seat that nice also? Would you mind posting a picture of it. I can’t tell from the pictures but mine had a recessed area where you sit like the seat bottom was pulled together on the sides. I can push down on the leather about 3/8” before it touches. Mine also had several flaws so I’ve asked to have them replaced.

[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]
The following users liked this post:
bikedude (03-21-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 08:57 AM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2013 Mercedes Benz C350
Originally Posted by atmgr
Ordered before X'mas and just picked up two weeks ago. Iridium silver. Truffle-black. The SUV came loaded with almost all Canadian options and packages, except upgraded Burmeister and rear seat entertainment. I took a few picture under different lighting conditions. Iridium silver seems having lost some of its popularity, but, to my eyes, it looks clean and rich, showing the shape and lines extremely well, especially with Night Package. Initially ordered red interior but changed to truffle.

It drives very well: supple and tight at the same time. For someone starts to need reading glasses and hate computer screens sitting too close to me, the shining displays are a bit annoying. Basic Burmeister system needed a bit adjustment, but eventually sounds quite good. Coming from many merc, bimmer, audi executive sedans/wagons/SUVs (no super sport cars), GLE 53 doesn't have the quietest cabin, even with the Acoustic Comfort Package. I would rank my 2018 Q7 way ahead. But, GLE 53 still feels more luxurious overall, and, quite a bit more sporty.

So far, loving it!

This is a gorgeous color combination. Absolutely love the silver on truffle combination. The seats also tastefully match the wood trim you chose. Also love those wheels. Wish they offered them as an option for the 53 in the US but we only get the 21-inch 5 spoke design as opposed to this 14 spoke design which I think looks a lot classier. I just put an order in for my 53 in the selenite grey which is another color that I think Mercedes crushes as well. I don't think anyone does grey and silver better than Mercedes.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:11 AM

Gle 53 amg
[QUOTE=Ron.s;8297241]That was fast from order to delivery. Your seats look like they are flawless...is the drivers seat that nice also? Would you mind posting a picture of it. I can’t tell from the pictures but mine had a recessed area where you sit like the seat bottom was pulled together on the sides. I can push down on the leather about 3/8” before it touches. Mine also had several flaws so I’ve asked to have them replaced.

Yes. With all the talks of production delays, I was concerned. Especially when the car have pretty much all the options added, I thought it was bound to be caught by some sort of parts shortage. But, everything was on schedule. I was given 1st week of Feb. as the expected production date when ordered, but later pushed slightly back to 2nd week of Feb. Shipping took about 3 to 4 weeks from factory to Toronto, Ontario.

I haven't noticed anything unusual on the driver seat. Feels firm. Properly firm. I took another picture below in the morning sun light.

Old 03-21-2021, 09:23 AM

Gle 53 amg
Thanks. I'm sure you will enjoy selenite/truffle. Selenite grey was my other choice. But, we had a couple of selenite grey merc in the past. And, my soon-to-retired Q7 is in dark grey (Daytona Grey in Audi term). So I wanted to go to a lighter tune for change.

These wheels have appeared on other merc models, probably on S first, then on C. Don't quote me on that, possibly other models in the past. They have concave spoke rims and look good on large cars. We don't have the popular all-black wheel option here in Canada.
Old 03-21-2021, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 373 Likes on 325 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
So far, loving it!

While your car is certainly beautiful, your house (pic #2) is simply stunning. As is the rest of your neighborhood (pic #1). Congrats!
Ron.s (03-21-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 11:11 AM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2021 GLE Coupe
Yes atmgr your car is beautiful, best of luck with it. Your order time is remarkable I wouldn’t have believed it possible. I ordered two gel 53’s on October 17th and is still waiting for both. You must have a great dealer.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
[QUOTE=Ron.s;8297241]Your seats look like they are flawless...i
[QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing and one of the first thing I looked at. I’ve looked at several (MB’s) lately online trying to get an idea of what I might be able to find when I am able to finally get out of my current one. The seats in almost all of them look pathetic. I’ve about given up on my deal though with a new MB and actually went looking at other cars this past Friday. I even sat in several. The seats in a RR, Jaguar, Escalade, Navigator, and others are near prefect.
We have got to hold MB to a higher standard when they put these cars out. But after dealing with MBUSA I fell as thought they could care less.
Either way, that iridium silver GLE 53 looks great. Congratulations!
Old 03-21-2021, 01:15 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2013 Mercedes Benz C350
Thanks. I'm sure you will enjoy selenite/truffle. Selenite grey was my other choice. But, we had a couple of selenite grey merc in the past. And, my soon-to-retired Q7 is in dark grey (Daytona Grey in Audi term). So I wanted to go to a lighter tune for change.

These wheels have appeared on other merc models, probably on S first, then on C. Don't quote me on that, possibly other models in the past. They have concave spoke rims and look good on large cars. We don't have the popular all-black wheel option here in Canada.
My build is actually Selenite Grey with the standard MB-Tex interior with red stitching and red seat belts. While I love the look and feel of real leather the MB-tex is just tougher and can last longer and easier to maintain as well. Plus budget plays a role too lol. I have a diamond silver C350 which is very similar to the iridium silver color so figured I'd go a little darker this time. By the way, like others have been saying, you got a killer turn around time for your vehicle. I just put my order down yesterday and am looking at a late July delivery date (if all the planets align - as stated by the dealer). It's just real tough getting these cars nowadays.
Old 03-21-2021, 06:33 PM

Gle 53 amg
Originally Posted by Williemv
Yes atmgr your car is beautiful, best of luck with it. Your order time is remarkable I wouldn’t have believed it possible. I ordered two gel 53’s on October 17th and is still waiting for both. You must have a great dealer.
I don't have any insights on why my order was relatively quick. To be precise, when I say I ordered before X'mas, it was Dec. 12th. The car was produced in the 2nd week of Feb. and got to Toronto on March 10th. Just shy of 3 months of turnaround time. The big dealerships in the city of Toronto are all corporate stores. The one I bought this GLE53 sells probably most of M-B cars in the country. I am not sure whether that is a factor for the production allocation. When I heard the delays on this forum, I was quite concerned and went to check with my sales rep a couple times. For whatever the reason, my production schedule didn't get delayed by much at the end.

Old 03-21-2021, 06:40 PM

2021 GLE Coupe
That’s great man, I ordered Oct. 17th. Two gle’s one is built but no movement in the system. The second one had it’s options changed on me after it was locked. What a cluster. MB is not showing me any love.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:42 PM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
GLE 350d 2020

So far, loving it!

looks great.
The speakers needs to be broken in like all good speakers.
Sounds better after 100 hrs is the normal saying.

Old 03-23-2021, 11:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
cx9
GLE350

Hi all - just wanted to share a few pics of my new GLE350. This forum has been super helpful as I went through pre-purchase car shopping and decisions - thank you! We chose the Mojave Silver color sight unseen and really love it - kind of gold / beige / silver depending on the light. Interior looks amazing in the Macchiato Beige. Was a bit nervous reading about various problems but so far, knock on wood, car has been great. No mirror wind issues/mbux issues as others have noted. Engine is totally fine for city driving; but i've been babying it for the break-in period. Didn't test-drive the 450 and above so don't really know what I'm missing lol but for our needs this will be more than adequate. Went back-and-forth on the HUD but very glad we got it - first time in a car with it and it is extremely useful especially with the navigation.

The following 6 users liked this post by mbhead81:
atmgr (03-23-2021), audi40 (03-26-2021), cl73722 (08-02-2021), Lanzz (03-24-2021), mikapen (03-23-2021), Williemv (03-24-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-24-2021, 12:37 PM

2021 GLE Coupe
Beautiful car man, glad to hear that the 4 banger has enough power. How long was your order to delivery? I’m trying to gauge wait times. Thanks and best of luck.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:51 PM

cx9
Thanks! We were being quoted 4-5 months delivery for a factory order, so we opted to buy one from the dealer that was already on its way with just a couple more options then we would have wanted.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:53 PM

cx9
Originally Posted by Williemv
Beautiful car man, glad to hear that the 4 banger has enough power. How long was your order to delivery? I’m trying to gauge wait times. Thanks and best of luck.
Thanks! We were being quoted 4-5 months delivery for a factory order, so we opted to buy one from the dealer that was already on its way with just a couple more options then we would have wanted.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML250, GLE450
Hi all.

Just received my car, 2021 GLE 450, black on black (napa leather) with AMG pack, air-sus, pano roof, 3rd row seats.
I believe not many will see a RHD car... so I took a picture of the drivers side.

jdhoang (04-05-2021)
Old 04-02-2021, 06:49 PM

2021 GLE Coupe
Looks beautiful in the twilight, how long did it take for delivery?
Old 04-04-2021, 12:57 AM

ML250, GLE450
The cars were assembled in Indonesia. (using parts from MB USA Alamaba plant)

It took me 2 months from ordering to receiving the car.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
GLE450
Originally Posted by timocc

Hi Just wondering what's the cost in Jakarta?
i am living in Singapore but once the border opened up, i will be base in Jakarta more often, thought of getting GLE in Indonesia which is very suitable due to constant flooding and damage road conditions.
Thanks
Old 04-05-2021, 12:26 AM

ML250, GLE450
Originally Posted by Suqicake
Hi Just wondering what's the cost in Jakarta?
i am living in Singapore but once the border opened up, i will be base in Jakarta more often, thought of getting GLE in Indonesia which is very suitable due to constant flooding and damage road conditions.
Thanks
Price paid was 1.9 billion rupiah - US$130,000 for the GLE 450.

My opinion :
Damaged road conditions : the 20" AMG wheels is not too helpful. Although the standard air-sus will help.

I'm concerned about the reliability of the GLE450 with all the electronics and going into the floods.

One reason I'm still keeping my old ML250, is because that will be my "flood" car.
On the ML250, I previously waded as deep as the lower level of the headlights.
The parking sensors were all submerged, and I even lost my front license plates.
The car came out fine and well !

Old 04-05-2021, 08:13 AM

2021 GLE Coupe

wow what a quick order to delivery time. Has to be the fastest in the world. We in the US where it’s produced can’t get ours no way near that time. Unbelievable, best of luck with it.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
GLE450
Price paid was 1.9 billion rupiah - US$130,000 for the GLE 450.

My opinion :
Damaged road conditions : the 20" AMG wheels is not too helpful. Although the standard air-sus will help.

I'm concerned about the reliability of the GLE450 with all the electronics and going into the floods.

One reason I'm still keeping my old ML250, is because that will be my "flood" car.
On the ML250, I previously waded as deep as the lower level of the headlights.
The parking sensors were all submerged, and I even lost my front license plates.
The car came out fine and well !
thanks for the update. 1/2 the price compare to Spore.
the electronics on 450 is quite scary.. i have tons of issues already and will sell once the car warranty expired.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:16 PM

2018 BMW 430i
Espresso brown

Anyone with good quality (real-life) pics of the espresso brown interior? I'm considering this one but can't tell how dark and rich the color is. I do not want a color that looks faded and it seems most pics look washed out. Not sure if its the color or the camera.

Also, opinions on this option? Will it hold up well in the long run? How do people generally find this color?

Thank you!
Old 04-26-2021, 07:59 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
350 GLE 4matic

hope this helps
The following 2 users liked this post by Mcfancy14:
indopinoy8 (04-27-2021), Lanzz (04-29-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2020 GLE Owners Pictures