Production delays/ timeline

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2019 | 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Production delays continue

Originally Posted by bikedude
I am sorry to hear of your ongoing delays. Almost a month ago I was shown my order/build was in status "B4", which I believe means '2 days to completion' - however, there was no VIN attached to it at that time. As of last week it is STILL in status B4, and still no VIN number... no idea what's going on. Here's hoping we all get good news in time for Christmas...
Status B4 is "Production Started," and a VIN is assigned by that time. B5 is "Production Completed."
The following users liked this post:
bikedude (11-26-2019)
Old 11-26-2019 | 08:18 AM

Jaguar F Pace 20d
Hi SmokinBudda
Great advice. I actually have been doing that and looks like I might have got lucky. They are so scarce here that dealers who have
one or 2 wont discount much. I dropped in to another dealer the other day and they had my exact build with one extra package and
a Trailer hitch. Tried to work a deal just to see what he would do. He would only discount $1000 and was going to give me $5k less on
my Jag F Pace than my original dealer is. So I sent the info to my sales Manager and it looks like he might be able to work out a swap with
him. Dealers are swapping cars to help each other, just to keep their customers. Its will probably cost me about $3K more but my trade in
is going to deprecate at least that by the time my ordered car gets here. Im on my way to drive to Phoenix from Montreal this Saturday as I just can’t wait it out anymore. But Im best off taking this other car at a higher price as I will put another 7-8000 mikes on my Jag and will
need new tires and another service by then, I would lose my shirt on depreciation and costs. At that point would probably have to just keep the
Your right to keep checking around , better to get something close than nothing at this point.
MB have a new computer software called Netstar that is a disaster, Dealers get no info or wrong info. I was told mine was built Oct 21 and it wasn’t
My sales Manager just told me he had just told a customer its going to be another 7 weeks because his wasn’t built and it showed up 3 days later. No reason why. He said the new MB plant in Alabama had those delay issues back in April waiting for parts and they had somewhere
between 30000 and 50000 cars sitting on lots down there waiting to go back in to finish their build. So he figures anything ordered in the past is being held up because they are still trying to catch up. It probably depends on your build . I would say take what you can find now
or wait until next year. These Dealers at some point will have hundreds of cars coming in that they wont want and there will be huge discounts as your getting close to the 2021 model being available to order. MB will have to give them big rebates.
Good luck and hope you find something. Im keeping my fingers crossed that we can get this swap done
SmokinBuddha (11-26-2019)
Old 11-26-2019 | 01:47 PM
KJ

2020 GLE 53 AMG
Good news for those still waiting for their cars. It looks like the CN Rail strike has been averted.

https://business.financialpost.com/t...farmers-miners
The following 2 users liked this post by KJ:
bikedude (12-13-2019), marchgroupinc (11-26-2019)
Old 11-26-2019 | 03:34 PM

Jaguar F Pace 20d
Well not really. It has nothing to do with CN. They just don’t have any cars. My Dealer has been arranging for Trucks to go pick
up any cars that are made for them. Its a week faster. CN has nothing to do with it. There is just plain limited production because
they are so far behind . There were 30 to 50000 cars backed up from April when they were waiting on parts.
My GLE has been on order for 5 months and they have no idea of a production date. Most likely wont be here until sometime in the new year.
Old 11-26-2019 | 04:17 PM

2020 GLE450 4Matic AMG-Line
Originally Posted by ricklefebvre01
Hi SmokinBudda
Great advice. I actually have been doing that and looks like I might have got lucky. They are so scarce here that dealers who have
one or 2 wont discount much. I dropped in to another dealer the other day and they had my exact build with one extra package and
a Trailer hitch. Tried to work a deal just to see what he would do. He would only discount $1000 and was going to give me $5k less on
my Jag F Pace than my original dealer is. So I sent the info to my sales Manager and it looks like he might be able to work out a swap with
him. Dealers are swapping cars to help each other, just to keep their customers. Its will probably cost me about $3K more but my trade in
is going to deprecate at least that by the time my ordered car gets here. Im on my way to drive to Phoenix from Montreal this Saturday as I just can’t wait it out anymore. But Im best off taking this other car at a higher price as I will put another 7-8000 mikes on my Jag and will
need new tires and another service by then, I would lose my shirt on depreciation and costs. At that point would probably have to just keep the
Your right to keep checking around , better to get something close than nothing at this point.
MB have a new computer software called Netstar that is a disaster, Dealers get no info or wrong info. I was told mine was built Oct 21 and it wasn’t
My sales Manager just told me he had just told a customer its going to be another 7 weeks because his wasn’t built and it showed up 3 days later. No reason why. He said the new MB plant in Alabama had those delay issues back in April waiting for parts and they had somewhere
between 30000 and 50000 cars sitting on lots down there waiting to go back in to finish their build. So he figures anything ordered in the past is being held up because they are still trying to catch up. It probably depends on your build . I would say take what you can find now
or wait until next year. These Dealers at some point will have hundreds of cars coming in that they wont want and there will be huge discounts as your getting close to the 2021 model being available to order. MB will have to give them big rebates.
Good luck and hope you find something. Im keeping my fingers crossed that we can get this swap done
What dealers did yo uuse?
I dealt with Silver Star on Décarie for my two rides (2016 GLE 350d and 2020 GLE 450). I might be open to change dealer if the sales service is better.
Old 11-26-2019 | 04:27 PM

2020 GLE350 (on order)
Angry Enquiry from a 'newbie'

As a 'newbie' to this delivery thread, I'd greatly appreciate help with the following:
Ordered a 2020 GLE350 with Codes 992-111-DA3-DP1-H46-U19-443-513 6-28-19
i.e. pretty much standard options for a NE vehicle, in short, nothing too special. Was told by my SA to expect delivery by eo Oct. Didn't happen ! Next ETA is eo Nov.
I am being told by my NE (NY Area) SA, that they are told that they will only know anything
about the delivery "once the vehicle is on the truck". Can anyone verify this explanation as to its
veracity? Are there possibly any access codes the dealership has to ascertain the 'build status' of the vehicle?
As an aside, I called the MBZ main office in Georgia and spoke with a sweet lady who deserves the Nobel Prize in BS'ing
in saying absolutely nothing about their production customer information system.
Any additional Information from any forum member would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Chris
Old 11-26-2019 | 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Production status

Originally Posted by Kistenfahrer
As a 'newbie' to this delivery thread, I'd greatly appreciate help with the following:
Ordered a 2020 GLE350 with Codes 992-111-DA3-DP1-H46-U19-443-513 6-28-19
i.e. pretty much standard options for a NE vehicle, in short, nothing too special. Was told by my SA to expect delivery by eo Oct. Didn't happen ! Next ETA is eo Nov.
I am being told by my NE (NY Area) SA, that they are told that they will only know anything
about the delivery "once the vehicle is on the truck". Can anyone verify this explanation as to its
veracity? Are there possibly any access codes the dealership has to ascertain the 'build status' of the vehicle?
As an aside, I called the MBZ main office in Georgia and spoke with a sweet lady who deserves the Nobel Prize in BS'ing
in saying absolutely nothing about their production customer information system.
Any additional Information from any forum member would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Chris
Unfortunately, with the issues MBUSA has had with this launch, communication on special orders has been terrible (care to read 1,300+ posts in this thread?). The dealer can tell you through their NetStar system what the production status is. B4 is the start of actual production, and it should have a VIN by then. B5 is the completions of construction. Unfortunately, even at that point there have been delays on vehicles because of parts issues. It is true that the dealer may not know when they will receive the vehicle until it is on the train or truck. Here were the production status codes on my build. Your dealer should supply you with the same.

Old 11-26-2019 | 05:06 PM

Jaguar F Pace 20d
I am using Silver Star
Old 11-27-2019 | 09:54 AM

2020 GLE350 (on order)
Angry Production Status

Thanks for your kind reply. Do you happen to know
if customers have access to the NetStar System, or is it strictly
for dealer use?

Best, Chris
Old 11-27-2019 | 09:57 AM

2020 GLE
Originally Posted by Kistenfahrer
Thanks for your kind reply. Do you happen to know
if customers have access to the NetStar System, or is it strictly
for dealer use?

Best, Chris
Only the dealer has access to it. My sales guy sent me an update every week with a screen shot of what was showing up at the time.
Old 11-27-2019 | 10:09 AM

Jaguar F Pace 20d
Well you are lucky you at least get the screen shot. I deal with the Sales Manager. Been in his office twice, every time he logs
he cant see anything.He then calls MB USA and both times they tell him the system is down. There is some BS going on with MB.
seems like they really dont want anyone to know anything. Well I am the customer and I will have the last say on Wether I take the
car or not. My trade might depreciate too much by then as I do alot of driving and my car might be out of warranty by then.
plus now I have to put some maintenance in it and maybe tires too by then. Pretty sure my car wont be here until next year now

Old 11-27-2019 | 10:19 AM

2020 GLE
Well you are lucky you at least get the screen shot. I deal with the Sales Manager. Been in his office twice, every time he logs
he cant see anything.He then calls MB USA and both times they tell him the system is down. There is some BS going on with MB.
seems like they really dont want anyone to know anything. Well I am the customer and I will have the last say on Wether I take the
car or not. My trade might depreciate too much by then as I do alot of driving and my car might be out of warranty by then.
plus now I have to put some maintenance in it and maybe tires too by then. Pretty sure my car wont be here until next year now
Have you tried asking to see if they'll lock in a trade price with you at this point? Might give them an incentive to work harder for you if they agree to it.
Old 11-27-2019 | 10:34 AM

Jaguar F Pace 20d
Well I even suggested that I give him my Jaguar now and I fly to Phoenix and rent a car until my GLE comes in. Then I would fly back
to pick it up. Its better than driving 5000 miles back and forth twice with the Jag and putting on all those miles. I emailed him twice with
that suggestion and he doesn’t reply to it. He is avoiding alot for some reason. Probably has no idea when it will even be made.
Some customers on this blog have been waiting 7-9 months. Im at 5 months now. I think he is worried he wont see it for a long time.
Old 11-27-2019 | 10:40 AM

2020 GLE
Well I even suggested that I give him my Jaguar now and I fly to Phoenix and rent a car until my GLE comes in. Then I would fly back
to pick it up. Its better than driving 5000 miles back and forth twice with the Jag and putting on all those miles. I emailed him twice with
that suggestion and he doesn’t reply to it. He is avoiding alot for some reason. Probably has no idea when it will even be made.
Some customers on this blog have been waiting 7-9 months. Im at 5 months now. I think he is worried he wont see it for a long time.
From what I can tell, April seems to have been the sweet spot for ordering. Those here who ordered before April were left in limbo with no updates whatsoever. Those cars were probably the ones taken off the assembly line and left in storage due to supply issues. Those buyers were recommended to place a second order. Everyone who has ordered after April has gotten theirs in about 5-6 months depending on the options. My fully loaded GLE took 7 months exactly. No updates were ever given to me or the dealer other than to know it was locked in, and then it was completed.
Old 11-27-2019 | 10:55 AM

Jaguar F Pace 20d
Sounds about right from what I am hearing. I ordered July 9. So probably wont see it until February considering holidays.
I leave Saturday driving to Phoenix from Montreal. So, I won’t come back to get it. He will have to hold it for me until I get back in May.
By then - might be able to order a2021.
Old 11-27-2019 | 06:41 PM

2020 GLE450
Ordered end of April and my 450 has finally arrived.

Will be picking it up Friday.
bigpern23 (11-28-2019)
Old 11-28-2019 | 07:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Originally Posted by jxl007
Ordered end of April and my 450 has finally arrived.

Will be picking it up Friday.
ENJOY
Old 12-01-2019 | 04:26 PM

Pending
GLE450 Order placed

Long time lurker and first time posting. Thank you everyone for all the info on the GLE over the months. I have been reading most of the posts for many months now and hearing all the production delays thought of delaying my order till things settle down.

Having seen now that lots of people are getting their vehicles and my patience nearly get exhausted seeing all the delivery pics in other forums, I went ahead and placed a custom order for GLE450. I have got a January build date after finding certain options (3rd row/AMG/White/21inch wheels) that we were looking for not available in the vehicles on the lot. With the past experiences of others here keeping my fingers crossed on the build date till the vehicle is on the truck.

As per my SA, I still have couple of weeks before my order gets locked in, so still debating on the below couple of options. Any opinions of existing owners on below welcome.

1) D11 - Rear spolier. There were vehicles on the lot with this option (noted on the window sticker) which had the exact same spoiler as the ones without the option. Might be a build issue. Anyways have added that now based on the pics on the forum.
2) AMG Interior - Really wanted the AMG steering wheel but wife didn't want the dinamica seat trims. So mostly not taking it. The leather upgrade is more than a couple of grand, so not going there either.
3) Airmatic - The 450 I test drove for about 10 miles was a pretty good ride with the standard springs breezing over the potholes and doing the corners well. Also not sure of the maintenance cost for long term. So keeping it aside for now.
4) Metal Weave trim - Netstar accepted it, but DOG states from 3/2020 only. Since I didn't want to delay the build, went with the Grey Linden wood trim for now. Will check later this month if other Metal Weave builds get completed on time.
Old 12-01-2019 | 10:54 PM

Jaguar F Pace 20d
My GLE has been on order since July 9 and dealer cant get me any info on it at all. Basically they come when they come. Some come in
a 3 -4 months others 5-7 months or more. I couldn’t wait anymore and left Montréal for Phoenix for the winter on Saturday Will be back in May. If the car comes in the dealer will have to hold it. If he doesn’t, I dont really care anymore. My Jaguar F Pace runs and handles awesome. Except for high mileage, not sure why I’m even doing this. Im sure it wont be in until at least January. At that point if he wont hold it, might as well order a2021 in April. Plus. When Mercedes finally ships the 30 to 50000 cars they have on hold for Bumpers. The dealers will be getting pretty big discounts to move them. Story I got from a dealer (not mine) is Bumpers from their supplier came in
as European bumpers and are not to North American specs. They were rejected and sent back. Supplier when Bankrupt. MB had to find another source who had to create dyes and the delays went on and on. That’s alot of cars to catch up on. So, Im not too confident I will get mine anytime soon. Communication between MB -USA and Dealers and customers is ludicrous. I may just wait it out for a big discount in May. Not sure if this is true but he said Dealers who have cars on order cant cancel them and have to take them when Mercedes ships them. Even if the customer cancels the order. If true there will be a big oversupply in the spring. That’s not too far off now.
galret (12-10-2019)
Old 12-02-2019 | 07:28 AM
Banned

A
Originally Posted by prem2000
Long time lurker and first time posting. Thank you everyone for all the info on the GLE over the months. I have been reading most of the posts for many months now and hearing all the production delays thought of delaying my order till things settle down.

Having seen now that lots of people are getting their vehicles and my patience nearly get exhausted seeing all the delivery pics in other forums, I went ahead and placed a custom order for GLE450. I have got a January build date after finding certain options (3rd row/AMG/White/21inch wheels) that we were looking for not available in the vehicles on the lot. With the past experiences of others here keeping my fingers crossed on the build date till the vehicle is on the truck.

As per my SA, I still have couple of weeks before my order gets locked in, so still debating on the below couple of options. Any opinions of existing owners on below welcome.

1) D11 - Rear spolier. There were vehicles on the lot with this option (noted on the window sticker) which had the exact same spoiler as the ones without the option. Might be a build issue. Anyways have added that now based on the pics on the forum.
2) AMG Interior - Really wanted the AMG steering wheel but wife didn't want the dinamica seat trims. So mostly not taking it. The leather upgrade is more than a couple of grand, so not going there either.
3) Airmatic - The 450 I test drove for about 10 miles was a pretty good ride with the standard springs breezing over the potholes and doing the corners well. Also not sure of the maintenance cost for long term. So keeping it aside for now.
4) Metal Weave trim - Netstar accepted it, but DOG states from 3/2020 only. Since I didn't want to delay the build, went with the Grey Linden wood trim for now. Will check later this month if other Metal Weave builds get completed on time.
I love the AIRMATIC suspension, highly recommended for a 450 especially.
Old 12-03-2019 | 09:21 PM

2017 C300 Coupe (C205)
Our saga has ended, and our transition from Lexus complete, 11 days short of 1 year. Details to come when I have time to write it all up.
Wife is happy - I'm happy. Thanks to everyone here for their insights, rumors, and help.
We intend to pay it forward.

2020 GLE 450 4MATIC, Production start 11/20/2019
Lunar Blue Metallic, AMG Line Exterior, 20" Twin 5-spoke, Panorama Roof, Illuminated Star, Load Sill Guard
MB-Tex Macchiato Beige / Magma Grey Topstitched, Natural Grain Brown Walnut Trim
Premium 1 Package, AIRMATIC, Parking Assist Package, Trailer Hitch, NO 3rd Row
Surround View, 64-color LED ambient lighting, Heating/ventilated seats, some massage options

Last edited by antigeek; 12-03-2019 at 09:22 PM. Reason: add photos
The following 6 users liked this post by antigeek:
bad habit (12-04-2019), bigpern23 (12-04-2019), bikedude (12-13-2019), galret (12-10-2019), Pachole (12-04-2019), rominl (12-04-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-04-2019 | 10:29 AM

Subaru BRZ
Not sure of the reason, but my GLE350, ordered in mid-August and scheduled for 11/D1, was apparently pushed to 1/D1. Still in B3 status though, but clearly they haven't fixed the production problems yet.
Old 12-04-2019 | 11:08 AM

2020 GLE
Originally Posted by milhouse
Not sure of the reason, but my GLE350, ordered in mid-August and scheduled for 11/D1, was apparently pushed to 1/D1. Still in B3 status though, but clearly they haven't fixed the production problems yet.
Three months to get your car would be a pretty generous estimate. Most have taken over six months. They won’t be catching up for a while. The current recommendation around here is to start actively looking for something in stock at neighboring dealerships and working out a deal with them.
Old 12-04-2019 | 05:38 PM

GLC63S
Originally Posted by tery
was told by my dealer that MB SUV comes to BC on a ship from state west coast. I guess they rail it to the coast and go by ship up north.
Any luck yet?
Old 12-04-2019 | 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
Originally Posted by Henry Stark
Any luck yet?
confirm coming on vessel from Brunswick GA. Sometime next February. Still at Brunswick VPC fixing something stuff.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Production delays/ timeline