GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Thinking of Dumping 2020 GLE450 for the GLC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 12:27 AM

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts
2023 GLE450
Thinking of Dumping 2020 GLE450 for the GLC

I know I know I'm crazy....but I'm actually thinking of dumping my month old GLE and getting a GLC when they release. Main reason? Too big. It's a fantastic machine. But I just don't like a big vehicle. I had ML in the past and happily traded down to the GLK when it came out then GLC. Also have some back issues and the seat in the GLC has that extended seat that solves that for me. Can't get comfortable in the GLE. Wondering what kind of hit I'd take selling a new car so soon.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:28 AM

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts
2020 GLE 450 AMG exterior
Originally Posted by bkushner
I know I know I'm crazy....but I'm actually thinking of dumping my month old GLE and getting a GLC when they release. Main reason? Too big. It's a fantastic machine. But I just don't like a big vehicle. I had ML in the past and happily traded down to the GLK when it came out then GLC. Also have some back issues and the seat in the GLC has that extended seat that solves that for me. Can't get comfortable in the GLE. Wondering what kind of hit I'd take selling a new car so soon.
What's your GLE build? Third row?
Old 05-15-2019, 12:43 AM

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts
2023 GLE450
Originally Posted by bigpern23
What's your GLE build? Third row?
No third row...Probably would keep this until GLC comes out if I go that route,,
Old 05-15-2019, 12:59 AM

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts
2020 GLE 450 AMG exterior
No third row...Probably would keep this until GLC comes out if I go that route,,
Without the third row, I'm not interested, but I imagine someone here might be, if you want to post your build. Might mitigate your loss on the depreciation. Otherwise, I can't imagine a scenario in which you don't lose a bunch of money. Given your back issues, it may be worth it. Did you not test drive the GLE? Did you find it was less comfortable the more you drove it? Do you have any concern that the GLC may have similar issues once you've driven it for a bit?
Old 05-15-2019, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Originally Posted by bigpern23
Without the third row, I'm not interested, but I imagine someone here might be, if you want to post your build. Might mitigate your loss on the depreciation. Otherwise, I can't imagine a scenario in which you don't lose a bunch of money. Given your back issues, it may be worth it. Did you not test drive the GLE? Did you find it was less comfortable the more you drove it? Do you have any concern that the GLC may have similar issues once you've driven it for a bit?
Agree, can understand that once you buy a car and drive it every day things come to light that were not noticed on test drive but NOT that the car is too big. Nothing wrong with GLC but GLE is a class up, took me a while to get comfortable in GLC seats..
Old 05-15-2019, 06:12 AM

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts
2021 GLE53 AMG
When you say extended seat do you mean the actual base you sit on extends to become longer or do you mean something else? My new GLE350 does extend. However, it’s not at obvious as some MB loaners I’ve had in the past that have an obvious line or crack that shows where the extension begins.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:58 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 E200 sedan
Doesnt it extend electronically? Its manual in my e class but I have seen ones with memory package where its done with buttons.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:14 AM

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts
2021 GLE53 AMG
Originally Posted by mercedes.fan
Doesnt it extend electronically? Its manual in my e class but I have seen ones with memory package where its done with buttons.
It is electronic on mine.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300, 2008 C300(sold)
I'm the opposite I want to dump my 2019 RDX for the bigger GLE