GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Spoke too soon...I知 disabled in daughters driveway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 10:11 PM

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts
2023 GLC 300 4MATIC
Spoke too soon...I知 disabled in daughters driveway

Came over and visited for a while went out to the car to start it and nothing happened and the lights are flashing. My ABS flashing a light that the vehicle is in operable and parking vehicle is in operable. My lights will not turn off nothing happens when I push the start button.

Supposedly a technician is on his way. I asked this lady thinks some kind of sensor is confused if I could just disconnect the battery and then reconnected everything would be OK we shall see
Old 07-10-2019, 11:30 PM

2023 GLC 300 4MATIC
Tech has been in my car for almost an hour. Looks like he is about taking out the passenger seat to get to the battery. This is Ridiculous. Lights have been on for two and a half hours now.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,168 Likes on 839 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by guitarplayer
Tech has been in my car for almost an hour. Looks like he is about taking out the passenger seat to get to the battery. This is Ridiculous. Lights have been on for two and a half hours now.
Battery is under the driver痴 seat. Just need to move it forward and up all the way.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:52 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
16 GL550
this doesn't sound good, keep us posted
Old 07-11-2019, 12:46 AM

2023 GLC 300 4MATIC
He disconnected the battery, waited a few minutes and then reconnected. The system reset and everything went back to normal. There should be some kind of disconnect or reset button vs. going through this.

the Mercedes connect guy tried to tell me my ABS or braking system wasn’t working therefore the system shut down to keep me from driving. He was only reading from the manual. I told him no I’m sure it’s a sensor miscommunication and everything is locked on...headlights won’t shut off.etc...it won’t turn off until the power source is cut off.

It is 90 degrees. Would be horrible if it was me and my little grandkids stranded out on the highway. Luckily was in my daughters driveway and I stayed inside in the a/c.

Now I’m concerned this will happen again and again.........
Old 07-11-2019, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Failure to restart

He disconnected the battery, waited a few minutes and then reconnected. The system reset and everything went back to normal. There should be some kind of disconnect or reset button vs. going through this.

the Mercedes connect guy tried to tell me my ABS or braking system wasn稚 working therefore the system shut down to keep me from driving. He was only reading from the manual. I told him no I知 sure it痴 a sensor miscommunication and everything is locked on...headlights won稚 shut off.etc...it won稚 turn off until the power source is cut off.

It is 90 degrees. Would be horrible if it was me and my little grandkids stranded out on the highway. Luckily was in my daughters driveway and I stayed inside in the a/c.

Now I知 concerned this will happen again and again.........
Well, this is not exactly what happened to me, but similar. Probably good to take it to the shop, but I don't think they came up with a real diagnosis for mine, despite working with MBUSI engineers, and it spent 12 days there.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:51 AM

2023 GLC 300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Well, this is not exactly what happened to me, but similar. Probably good to take it to the shop, but I don't think they came up with a real diagnosis for mine, despite working with MBUSI engineers, and it spent 12 days there.
Yes our situations were very similar in that I had all those same error messages. But my headlights would not turn off. There definitely should be some type of electrical restart button just like when you have to shut down your phone or iPad every once in a while to let things clear out.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Banned

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
A
Yes our situations were very similar in that I had all those same error messages. But my headlights would not turn off. There definitely should be some type of electrical restart button just like when you have to shut down your phone or iPad every once in a while to let things clear out.
Considering the fact that this vehicles is chock full of computers and software it's surprising that this hard reset button doesn't exist
Old 07-11-2019, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Reboot

Originally Posted by bad habit
Considering the fact that this vehicles is chock full of computers and software it's surprising that this hard reset button doesn't exist
Maybe it does and we're not aware of it? You could always install a battery disconnect switch to the negative terminal of the battery, but if you need to go to the trouble of lifting the seat to access it it's almost as easy just to pull the terminal. I'm going to start carrying the appropriate wrench.
The following users liked this post:
guitarplayer (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 07:09 PM
Banned

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
A
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Maybe it does and we're not aware of it? You could always install a battery disconnect switch to the negative terminal of the battery, but if you need to go to the trouble of lifting the seat to access it it's almost as easy just to pull the terminal. I'm going to start carrying the appropriate wrench.
Might need a bit more than that though. Those units have capacitors, RAM but also written memory and that won't always clear without extra steps.
On my current vehicle they advise that you disconnect both terminals and touch the two wires together to perform full reset.
Had to do that twice so far over the course of 5 years in order to reset whatever unit was causing problems at the time.