GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Am I getting a good deal/ price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 02:55 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 GLE AMG
Well, here is the big NO I got from Lancaster PA dealership. So it's not about how much off MSRP, but simply no discounts at all! And this is what I keep hearing from several dealers. Similar messages. Madness I say!

Old 07-15-2019, 04:41 PM

2019 GLE AMG
Originally Posted by MeDzie
I am a rep, I can tell you it wouldn't be uncommon for us to send someone out the door trying to grab an 8% discount on the 2020 GLE450. Especially with the backup from delayed production. 8% is a strong deal!
So glad you responded! Finally I may be able to get straight answers. Please explain - why send someone out the door for trying to get a good deal? Even if I come in asking for 9%, 10% I would expect the response to be: "apologies, can't do that much due to production shortages, etc, etc. However, we can offer you a deal at 7% off MSRP. Would you be interested?"

Are my expectations that far out of line?
Old 07-15-2019, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
I would like to point out - especially for 2020 GLE's - that the most important objective is to make sure you shop and buy the GLE that has ALL the key features you value most.. that is the single biggest key especially as this new generation GLE offer's new tech and new options ...

"Earning Your Business" on a 2020 GLE really has more to do with thoroughness from the Sales Adviser on what a particular 2020 GLE has or doesn't have - and thoroughness with you as the customer on what will be the "perfect-fit" for you....

Yes - dealers are getting more GLE's in from the factory every couple of days - interestingly a big slice of 3rd-row GLE's - as someone upstream at the factory must have over projected the demand for "Munchkin Seats"
Old 07-15-2019, 07:02 PM

2019 GLE AMG
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
I would like to point out - especially for 2020 GLE's - that the most important objective is to make sure you shop and buy the GLE that has ALL the key features you value most.. that is the single biggest key especially as this new generation GLE offer's new tech and new options ...

"Earning Your Business" on a 2020 GLE really has more to do with thoroughness from the Sales Adviser on what a particular 2020 GLE has or doesn't have - and thoroughness with you as the customer on what will be the "perfect-fit" for you....

Yes - dealers are getting more GLE's in from the factory every couple of days - interestingly a big slice of 3rd-row GLE's - as someone upstream at the factory must have over projected the demand for "Munchkin Seats"
I must disagree. This would be my 3rd GLE. I know exactly what features I want and don't need a pep talk. What I need from an SA to seal the deal is 1. great price; 2. great communication/ responsiveness. It's quite simple and I practically do not negotiate in a traditional sense. I come in (or call) get the numbers and walk or sign the deal. Just once - no back-n-forth. It is unfair to the dealer who offered me a great price, so no tolerance for "sure, we will match his offer". No way - he offered it first, he gets the deal. You want me to sign with you, make it amazing (like 1-2k less). For a couple of hundred I will stick with the original deal maker.

I may reach out to 10-12 dealers and a couple of lease brokers for a good measure. Quick and efficient, get a solid deal in the end and minimum useless chatter with sales. If not for the turnover would love to stick with the same guy, but SAs change so every three years, so when the lease is up back to the routine.

What I REALLY wish is for MBUSA to follow Tesla (or BestBuy) model. NO dealers, just sales people. Come in, build the car (or do it on my mobile) and pay the deposit. Done! That would be ideal and can't wait for that inevitability. It will happen, just not soon enough for us.

Last edited by MBUSA_#1; 07-15-2019 at 07:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Michael Bart (09-01-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 08:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche Macan S

This is how my follow up went. The other dealership I was referring to is under the same ownership as the first one I walked in and asked if they were flexible on their price and told me “ha, no” To me, 5 percent off seemed very fair and doable, why? Cause I also have an $80k 2020 Macan S on the way with 7.5% off MSRP and those are also very desirable and hard to discount. So I didn’t want to be unfair and ask for 9% knowing there were people out there not getting anything off these 450’s
Old 08-31-2019, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 GLE350 4Matic
Originally Posted by MBUSA_#1
Just double-checking here - the MSRP for my build is $78,560, the selling price is $72,660. Is it a good selling price for a given MSRP? Attached is the actual build, in case anybody is curious.
Is the selling price $72,660 include tax?
Old 08-31-2019, 09:07 PM

2019 GLE AMG
Originally Posted by bg8whx
Is the selling price $72,660 include tax?
Nope, that's just the selling price on a lease. Monthly payments will include tax (as I choose to roll in taxes rather than pay upfront).
Old 09-01-2019, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Sure.... go for it.... "I may reach out to 10-12 dealers and a couple of lease brokers for a good measure." ... as I was trying to point out to you - you might turn down the volume on your headphones:

1) what' is on the ground is "really" where you can get the deal can get done - and frankly Saturday August 31 was a "really good day" both for GLE "seekers" and for MB dealers - kind of turned-the-corner end of August where there were "enough" on the ground - and dealer's in general were very eager to work hard to sell every new car they had hand's on to make their August new-Mercedes-sales-targets - end August was the 1st "good month end" for GLE sales - enough to "feel" some sales momentum in the GLE market overall to turn customer demand to deliveries.

2) with GLE's at the moment - they are some out there - and it's up to you find them - and with what you find make sure that you know what the particular rig is, and what it isn't..

3) On backlog wait-for-deliveries - especially for GLE450's with upper build spec's - and even for GLE's with substantial build specs - up thru and including today the "fact's" as best I see them is factory production totals for August (poor) as compared to total existing orders out there for comparable "builds" - "quite possibly" means MB will fall short on deliveries this calendar year - and about 50% on order won't be produced.
- if your build falls into this 50% "maybe" this year category - if you can find a acceptable alternate elsewhere on-the-ground - you might seriously consider it..

4) I delivered my early "delayed" order starting in mid-April and finished them up mid-June - and I helped a couple of "GLE friends" elsewhere and my personal GLE450 early on as well - as I do have a "German angel" who stepped up on his own every 3-4-5 weeks when he was at Vance to "fix the problem" - and what I have booked for my customers since June has "magically" been delivered on schedule - but frankly I am the exception due to unique circumstance

5) Even with Angel help - on GLE450's - and GLS450's for that matter - I am tapped out thru November 3rd decade already - and don't ask me about GLE580's and GLS580's because I have serious concerns even with G-Angel help if I can put under the Christmas tree any 580 "I thought" I would be able to - and with the short/short/shortfall on those 580's I will take a hard hit since those two models are a big part of my SUV "crop" I farm.

I have owned or leased at least one ML/GLE since July 1997 - back then the only MB SUV forum was hosted by some 4x4 guy's - and the d*mnedest thing - the new GLE is d*mn good - and the new GLS is awesome (yes I have driven the new GLS450 - actually twice) - GLE/GLS are worth working/yearning to have - but I can't tell for anyone else what orders on the books will be delivered - and what order's on the books will fall short - and frankly I suggest forum members with build delayed build orders out there may be best served "check around with flexibility" over the next 4-6 weeks before the black new curtain comes crashing down for this calendar year.

Keep the beat - the beat goes on..and on... and on..
The following 4 users liked this post by fabbrisd1:
jsa1983 (09-01-2019), marchgroupinc (09-01-2019), rominl (09-02-2019), turko (09-02-2019)
Old 09-01-2019, 08:09 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
20 GLE on order, 17 GLC 300 4M, Ducati 1299R
Sure.... go for it.... "I may reach out to 10-12 dealers and a couple of lease brokers for a good measure." ... as I was trying to point out to you - you might turn down the volume on your headphones:
That last bit with the headphones really made me smile. Great!

3) On backlog wait-for-deliveries - especially for GLE450's with upper build spec's - and even for GLE's with substantial build specs - up thru and including today the "fact's" as best I see them is factory production totals for August (poor) as compared to total existing orders out there for comparable "builds" - "quite possibly" means MB will fall short on deliveries this calendar year - and about 50% on order won't be produced.
- if your build falls into this 50% "maybe" this year category - if you can find a acceptable alternate elsewhere on-the-ground - you might seriously consider it..

I am thinking where you say “and even for GLE’s with substantial build specs you are referring to 350’s. If that is the case, is there a common denominator (for the 350 or 450) in your observation that may make the production date slide, or is somewhat random? Sounds like the seats are an issue, other than that insert in blank here what may cause a production delay? Or a crap shoot for units above $75k for example?