Sill Guard, Cargo Mat and Teflon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE
Sill Guard, Cargo Mat and Teflon

Hello - Just got a GLE 350-4matic and had a few questions:

1. Anyone got the 'Sill Guard'? Seems like it was standard before but not anymore. What does it cost and how does it look?

2. We've never got Teflon exterior protection (Dealer was marketing as TFT) before. Can anyone share experiences with this product?

3. Cargo Mats: Saw a few references to Costco mats. Is this the one? Does it fit with the 3 row seats down?

https://www.costco.com/WeatherTech-U...100481766.html

Thanks
Old 08-02-2019, 01:33 PM

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by NetBrowser07
1. Anyone got the 'Sill Guard'? Seems like it was standard before but not anymore. What does it cost and how does it look?
You can see it in this post by Greg, including installed and uninstalled. I wonder if it would look out of place if I get a white paint with the AMG+black exterior package?

2. We've never got Teflon exterior protection (Dealer was marketing as TFT) before. Can anyone share experiences with this product?
Same question for me, I'm getting the designo diamond white and not sure if I need any exterior protection.

3. Cargo Mats: Saw a few references to Costco mats. Is this the one? Does it fit with the 3 row seats down?
See the discussion in this thread, there are a couple pages of people talking about cargo liners including some that are custom made for the GLE 2020. The one you posted looks like a "universal" one that you have to cut to size yourself.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
94 Supra Turbo, 15 Jeep Wrangler Altitude, 2020 GLE 450
Originally Posted by maalox
Same question for me, I'm getting the designo diamond white and not sure if I need any exterior protection.
Yes, any color should have some form of protection (polish, wax, ceramic coating etc..) Plus its way easier to clean etc...

From MB:
Exterior Protection

Paint Protector - Oxidation from sun damage, bird droppings, water spotting, insects and tree sap are just a few of the adverse effects that can damage your exterior vehicle finish.

DuPont™ Exterior Protection helps to maintain the beautiful high-gloss finish of your vehicle's exterior. Once applied, you can easily remove insects or debris that have landed on your vehicle. Additionally, your new alloy wheels will be protected from brake dust penetration and your exterior headlights from yellowing or clouding[2].

More coverage. More protection.

In addition to carpet, fabric, leather, and paint protection, you'll get the following added benefits:
  1. Seven year warranty on new vehicles and pre-owned vehicles[3]
  2. No need for re-application
  3. Transferable to a subsequent owner[4]
I would personally not get any exterior protection from MB although the what they provide is pretty decent since they are providing DuPont product which is Ceramic coating which in fact does protect very well. However. You do still need to apply it again as it Ceramic coating last about 2 to 3 years.

Also keep in mind that when you do want that package from MB - the detailers are the ones you will be applying it for you and most likely they will probably not take as much care as they are the same people who wash MB's all day every day.

You are better off finding a reputable car detailer who does this for a living to get your car ceramic coated! Ceramic coating is really amazing. I will get my GLE coated shortly after I get my windows tinted.