GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Active Lane Keeping / Active Blind Spot / Active Brake Assist INPOERATIVE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2022 | 05:23 PM

GLE, R8, MYP
Originally Posted by gle350d
Yes, all of the error messages that were appearing, they didn't after changing the sensor.
i know this has been a while, but have you experienced any other issues after replacing the speed sensor? Our vehicle keeps popping up with the issue. Sometimes moving, sometimes slow speeds, sometimes highway speeds. Even happened at a complete stop too.
I have brought it in about 5x for this issue, once they replaced the main board. All other times they end up saying the scanned the vehicle and cannot find any errors. In addition I am about to start the process for a lemon buyback which is a road I really don't wish to go down.

Not sure if you remember, but how did your service team come to the conclusion it was a faulty speed sensor? I will need to approach the dealer with this informaiton. ...thank you
Old 01-05-2022 | 05:46 PM

2020 GLE 350d
Originally Posted by hyperspeed
i know this has been a while, but have you experienced any other issues after replacing the speed sensor? Our vehicle keeps popping up with the issue. Sometimes moving, sometimes slow speeds, sometimes highway speeds. Even happened at a complete stop too.
I have brought it in about 5x for this issue, once they replaced the main board. All other times they end up saying the scanned the vehicle and cannot find any errors. In addition I am about to start the process for a lemon buyback which is a road I really don't wish to go down.

Not sure if you remember, but how did your service team come to the conclusion it was a faulty speed sensor? I will need to approach the dealer with this informaiton. ...thank you
Hello friend,

If I remember right, they did the scan immediately after the error was shown on the display. They were struggling to identify it because when they were testing the vehicle on the road, it was working well. But once it did and they identified it. After replacing the sensor, the errors never appeared again.
Tell them to try replcing it because it was confusing the safety system and the system was shutting off.

But I had many other issues with this car:
  • Mixing oil and coolant (fixed with warranty)
  • Faulty intake manifold sensor
  • Faulty air intake sensor (~ 600 eur)
  • and few minor ones

Hope this helps.

Old 01-05-2022 | 06:00 PM

GLE, R8, MYP
I appreciate your prompt reply. I will see if I can drive the car directly over the next time the error lights pops up.
Old 01-30-2024 | 03:30 PM

GLE W167
I got this same problem up when I was driving, I have GLE 350de 2021. I hope it is only speed sensor