GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Potential GLE 450 Purchase Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2019 | 05:19 PM

GLE 450
Potential GLE 450 Purchase Questions

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and Mercedes ownership. I had a few questions I was hoping you all would be able to answer for me. I am looking to purchase a 2020 GLE 450 almost pretty fully loaded with a build MSRP of $81,455.
  • What kind of discount can I expect on this car? Currently the dealership is offering around 5.5% off the MSRP but I feel like that's a little low.
  • Are any of the pre-paid maintenance plans worth it? Do they usually offer discounts on those as well and how much? Also, how much does normal maintenance cost if not purchased and how often is it usually accomplished?
  • If looking at the extended warranty offered by Mercedes, is this usually discounted and how much would be a good discount? In your opinion, would this be worth having?
I know some of the questions might be basic or be more of personal preference questions as I know some people free strongly for or against extended warranties, but I just wanted to get a gauge on pricing and discounts since this is my first Mercedes. I know the responses will vary and am expecting that.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-29-2019 | 08:07 PM

20 GLE on order, 17 GLC 300 4M, Ducati 1299R
Originally Posted by philly33flyers
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and Mercedes ownership. I had a few questions I was hoping you all would be able to answer for me. I am looking to purchase a 2020 GLE 450 almost pretty fully loaded with a build MSRP of $81,455.
  • What kind of discount can I expect on this car? Currently the dealership is offering around 5.5% off the MSRP but I feel like that's a little low.
  • Are any of the pre-paid maintenance plans worth it? Do they usually offer discounts on those as well and how much? Also, how much does normal maintenance cost if not purchased and how often is it usually accomplished?
  • If looking at the extended warranty offered by Mercedes, is this usually discounted and how much would be a good discount? In your opinion, would this be worth having?
I know some of the questions might be basic or be more of personal preference questions as I know some people free strongly for or against extended warranties, but I just wanted to get a gauge on pricing and discounts since this is my first Mercedes. I know the responses will vary and am expecting that.

Thanks in advance!
Here you go.
https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...gle-450-a.html

Invoice is 6% off MSRP, so 5.5% isn’t horrible. Some here say they have gotten better deals, I’m sure they have too.

I was able to get a discount on pre-paid service when I bought my GLC. I think if you look the the thread above you will see where you can call to get discounts on pre-paid services and the extended warranty if your dealer won’t bend much. These things get discussed often.
Old 08-29-2019 | 09:28 PM

2020 GLE 450
Hello all,
First time I ever purchased an extended warranty on a car, but the discounted price from Tafael Motors and our plans to keep the GLE for 5-6 made it to good to pass up:

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...-warranty.html

I also purchased the 4 year prepaid maintenance plan from Tafael - no discount, but the pricing seemed reasonable based on what we paid out of pocket for regular service on our prior ML350.

Last edited by audi40; 08-29-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-30-2019 | 03:04 PM

2019 GLE AMG
Hello all,

Pricing also depends on where you live. Are you in the US? Which region?