GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

My new 2020 GLE 350 has only ONE size view mirror

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 350
Exclamation My new 2020 GLE 350 has only ONE size view mirror

SOS! Just bought a brand new 2020 GLE 350 and I am so confused!
- It has only one side mirror when I first saw it. Salesman first told me the delivery man took it off before transportation from factory in case it was scratched. Then he said the technician at the dealer's took it off to repair the malfunctioning SOS system. What's the true story? Why they lied to me at first?
- Its production date is April 24, 2019, but salesman said it was brand new car and only arrived at dealer's on Feb 14, 2020. The mileage on it now is only 25 miles. Then where the car was and what happened to it between the two dates? Is is still a "new" car given that it was manufactured a long time ago.
- Mercedes me kept notifying me that a "Service overdue". If it is a new car, why it needs a service?

Please anyone help me out. Much appreciated!!
Old 02-27-2020, 08:29 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Hi and welcome!

The best place for help with you new car is a GLE 350 forum, moving your post. Good luck!

Bob
Old 02-27-2020, 08:57 AM

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts
GLE450 with Prem Plus Pk. Tech Plus PK.Driver assistance Pk.Hyacinth Red.22inch Alloys.
It sounds very much as though it was one of the earlier cars that was short of components to finish production and was parked up for some months on a disused airfield or some other spare land. There were thousands parked in this way, if you search the production delays thread it is well documented. If it was me I would be thinking whether to accept the car or not and possibly reorder.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Mercedes was renting vacant lots, abandoned mall parking lots and more last year to park all the GLE's they couldn't sell due to production quality problems. Hopefully you got a good deal!

Old 02-27-2020, 10:27 AM

GLE 350
Thanks for the info! I contacted more than 7 dealers. Only one of them gave me 10% off. Others varied from 3% to 7%. Quoting one dealer's word: "This model is very popular and supply is limited".

I am getting 11% off for this car but honestly I prefer a worse deal but a car with fewer problems... Just found the armrest (middle back seat) cannot be flattened.

Last edited by Juneapple; 02-27-2020 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:29 AM

GLE 350
I see, thanks a lot! I just found the little back seat in the middle could not be flattened as armrest. So many issues happened to this car.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Just be aware of any brake pulsations or tire vibrations as both can be caused by a car sitting a long time aka "lot rot." The warranty on brakes and tires is very limited so if it becomes a problem don't wait to bring it back to the dealership for repair.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:33 PM

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts
2020 GLE 450 AMG exterior
Originally Posted by Juneapple
Thanks for the info! I contacted more than 7 dealers. Only one of them gave me 10% off. Others varied from 3% to 7%. Quoting one dealer's word: "This model is very popular and supply is limited".

I am getting 11% off for this car but honestly I prefer a worse deal but a car with fewer problems... Just found the armrest (middle back seat) cannot be flattened.
Personally, I would ask the dealer to give you the same discount on another 350, even if you have to order a new one. At this point, I would avoid taking delivery on any early models that were produced before what, June 2019? It seems like after June of last year is when they kind of ironed out the production problems. Missing a side mirror and the early production date would be major red flags to me. They should be able to honor the discount on another vehicle.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,243 Likes on 2,019 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
I got 12% off and our car was manufactured the first week of February 2020 (less than three weeks ago). It might be too late for an exchange but you can get anything fixed under warranty. Also, I am unclear where that missing mirror is. No passenger side mirror?

If so, MB will also have to install the mirror as the DOT legally requires them. Is the missing mirror listed on the window sticker as a credit? (Build error) Couple pics would be really useful...
Simply have the dealer fix anything less than new car perfect. Any dealer will be happy to oblige as they are getting well paid for warranty work. Also, no need to go the the dealer where you bought the car from. Pick the one where you have the best relationship with.

Good luck!