GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

MBUX Failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2022 | 05:10 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Make them fix it "SAFETY ISSUES"

Originally Posted by WA3CUJ
I have had my MBUX screen go completely blank several times, and one time I lost audio but could see the station info on the screen. I found that if I turned the vehicle off and opened and closed the driver's side door, after 5-10 minutes a red triangle would light in my driver's side mirror (the triangle that lights when something is in your blind spot). At that point I can start the vehicle, and everything works ok. I found this by accident while sitting in the vehicle playing games on my phone waiting for my wife to come out of a store.
have them show you the memory log values if any over 5 they must replace. A lot guys don't prob don't want replace headunit so they act like this it's safety issue I know many other people who had theirs replaced. Reference that pdf I put up that's from their own System on how handle that failure/s
Old 04-01-2022 | 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by DREKNOWSBENZ
I'm documenting these failures was your headunit 548 or 549 if you have Augmented reality the you 4 sure do but if you don't doesn't necessarily mean you don't check your spec sheet should say under the code
it would be on spec sheet like this
<XXXXXXX>
It be great if you guys can tell me thanks very simple way to know it's can you watch video from usb or online then you have good headunit 548 is trash in my opinion lags and it's obvious the experience is not the same
I finally checked my build. I have U19 AR, and a 548 MBUX. It's been 100% reliable and amazingly quick and responsive. I said "Amazingly quick" because there's absolutely no lag except during a 3 second boot-up. Maybe it doesn't matter whether I have a 548 or 549.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikapen:
BenjaminKohl (04-01-2022), Lucky 777 (04-01-2022)
Old 04-01-2022 | 08:06 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
If you have Augmented Reality it's 549

Originally Posted by mikapen
I finally checked my build. I have U19 AR, and a 548 MBUX. It's been 100% reliable and amazingly quick and responsive. I said "Amazingly quick" because there's absolutely no lag except during a 3 second boot-up. Maybe it doesn't matter whether I have a 548 or 549.

Hmm that's weird I do not think you can have mbux 548 with Augmented Reality as the plug for it doesn't exist on mbux 548 headunit I've seen tons of them upclose so 🤔 hmm. I bet you have 549 that's why it's quick. Let me ask you can you watch videos on your car screen if so it's a 549 same if Augmented reality is working. I have not seen a 548 with augmented reality and I don't think you can just switch it THE MULTIMEDIA BOARD WITHIN HEADUNIT.( HEADUNIT IS COMPOSED 3 BOARDS, COUNTRY SPECIFIC BOARD, BASE BOARD,and Multimedia Board) IF YOU HAVE FULL SCREEN NAVIGATION DRIVER SIDE ALSO 549 these features are not available with 548 so I'm curious how you have 548 with AR that be new to me and I've seen quite a few these.

Mbux 549 see bottom right that's AR PLUG

Mbux 548 no AR plug on bottom right

Difference in SOC

Inside a HEADUNIT
Old 04-01-2022 | 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Hmm that's weird I do not think you can have mbux 548 with Augmented Reality as the plug for it doesn't exist on mbux 548 headunit I've seen tons of them upclose so 🤔 hmm. I bet you have 549 that's why it's quick. Let me ask you can you watch videos on your car screen if so it's a 549 same if Augmented reality is working. I have not seen a 548 with augmented reality and I don't think you.......
I just looked at my build confirmation.
You have shown that series of pictures before. Someday I might try videos, but not sure if I even have a source.
Old 04-17-2022 | 04:01 PM

ML260
Originally Posted by Lucky 777
Yesterday on a road trip, I was using the navigation (which sucks by the way), and stopped to top off the fuel tank. After getting back in and starting the car, the navigation screen was stuck in a blank screen with a prompt that said "Initializing Navigation". There was also no music and when I attempted to switch to audio, it said "Tuner unavailable". I tried waiting it out (10 minutes), also tried turning off and restarting the car. Luckily I had familiarized myself with how to get access to the negative terminal of the battery under the drivers seat and stored a small metric toolkit in the spare tire well. After disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and reconnecting it, everything came back to life. It even resumed navigation and the XM channel I was listening to. After an initial bad experience with this car, I was beginning to really enjoy it. My confidence in the overall reliability and build quality of this car is in the toilet. It's my first Mercedes and will likely be my last. I should change my screen name from Lucky 777 to Unlucky 350.
You are not alone. My navigation stopped just a minute away from exit and I nearly lost my motorway exist. It showed a message 'Navigation not available' , disappeared and restarted again. The apple car play sucks as well, it freezes and the phone freezes as well. The google map on apple car play does not show the orientation correctly!