HUD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
HUD

Before a software update my HUD showed what radio station I was listening to and when I used the HOLD function it showed in the HUD, neither there now, any ideas?.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:21 PM

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts
Could be totally wrong here, but it's possible the software update reset your HUD preferences? If you scroll up using the steering wheel button to the HUD itself, you can customize what's shown in the 3 HUD "panels". But if you got even further to the right, there is a settings button for the HUD where you can control the height/brightness of the HUD, and from there I think you can also toggle what information gets displayed.

See circle #5 on page 260 for the Settings icon I'm referring to, and the middle column of page 259 refers to Assistance Status (perhaps HOLD is part of this) and Audio as options to display.
The following users liked this post:
Mick1113 (10-01-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 05:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Thanks Maalox, will have another go but have tried before and hold or radio station not showing, it was before update. In instructions above it says the audio station is temporarily shown, it used to be there all the time in my car.
Old 09-06-2020, 03:44 PM

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLE 450
Another possibility.
Are you sure the software update is indeed a software "upgrade"? Is it possible that they actually downgrade the software? I remember reading somewhere in this forum that the dealer told him/her that there is a recall on the software which result in a downgrade.
(The following statement is just my guess and could be wrong) If you look at the software version section in the system menu, does it show the version number? My understanding is that the version number is not shown until FUP2 upgrade.
If it is a downgrade, it is possible that some feature is not available.
If it is an upgrade (newer version number), then you might want to check in with the dealer. My understanding is that the "HOLD" indicator on HUB is not configurable.
Old 09-06-2020, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Philamg
Thanks Maalox, will have another go but have tried before and hold or radio station not showing, it was before update. In instructions above it says the audio station is temporarily shown, it used to be there all the time in my car.
Actually I just looked at my car and I can't seem to find a place in the Hud settings to toggle what's visible. I guess I was mistaken, thought I had seen that somewhere before. ..
Old 09-06-2020, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Originally Posted by zengshengliu
Another possibility.
Are you sure the software update is indeed a software "upgrade"? Is it possible that they actually downgrade the software? I remember reading somewhere in this forum that the dealer told him/her that there is a recall on the software which result in a downgrade.
(The following statement is just my guess and could be wrong) If you look at the software version section in the system menu, does it show the version number? My understanding is that the version number is not shown until FUP2 upgrade.
If it is a downgrade, it is possible that some feature is not available.
If it is an upgrade (newer version number), then you might want to check in with the dealer. My understanding is that the "HOLD" indicator on HUB is not configurable.

Why on earth would any dealer downgrade the software!!!!!!!!!.
Old 09-06-2020, 05:33 PM

Received 172 Likes on 122 Posts
a
Press the home button then scroll up to the HUD. Inside the HUD you should see a gear icon all the way on the right. Press that and you'll be brought to the adjustment screen. In the middle of this screen there is another gear icon and if you press that you should see this:

Last edited by darlop; 09-06-2020 at 05:37 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by darlop:
Mick1113 (10-01-2020), Ron.s (09-06-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 07:58 PM

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLE 450
Originally Posted by Philamg
Why on earth would any dealer downgrade the software!!!!!!!!!.
I am not saying they will downgrade the software on purpose. The post I saw was referencing a recall of something similar which result in a software downgrade.
Here is the post
https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post8094974

Last edited by zengshengliu; 09-06-2020 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:23 PM
Banned

Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 350
Originally Posted by maalox
Actually I just looked at my car and I can't seem to find a place in the Hud settings to toggle what's visible. I guess I was mistaken, thought I had seen that somewhere before. ..
You can customize the three areas in the HUD by using the left keypad on your steering wheel.
Old 09-06-2020, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by darlop
Press the home button then scroll up to the HUD. Inside the HUD you should see a gear icon all the way on the right. Press that and you'll be brought to the adjustment screen. In the middle of this screen there is another gear icon and if you press that you should see this
Ah, that's exactly the HUD settings screen I was thinking of! For some reason I couldn't find it when I tried today. I did get to the first settings screen where you can adjust the brightness and height, but must have missed the second gear icon. Hopefully this fixes philamg's problem.
Old 09-07-2020, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Originally Posted by darlop
Press the home button then scroll up to the HUD. Inside the HUD you should see a gear icon all the way on the right. Press that and you'll be brought to the adjustment screen. In the middle of this screen there is another gear icon and if you press that you should see this:

That's great, worked - thank you, always get an answer on here.
The following users liked this post:
Mick1113 (10-01-2020)