Questions re: Order Pricing & Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 09:28 PM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Questions re: Order Pricing & Seats

Hello,

I’m getting ready to place an order with my guy for a 2021 GLE 350. This is the first time I’m ordering a car over picking one off the lot/doing a dealer trade. With my E300 (coming off lease soon) the dealership was able to find the exact build and do a dealer trade and I got a great discount on the car.

My first question is, what kind of discount can I expect when ordering a car? When I got my E300, the dealership did a dealer trade and I was able to get around 12% - 15% discount. With a custom build, what kind of discount can I expect? I plan on leasing in December during the winter event (my guy said the build time is 2.5 months so it would be ready around mid December). I know with the Rona going on discounts and great deals are becoming harder to come by, but not impossible.

My second question is, what’s there a difference between the MB Tex seats and the MB Tex & DINAMICA seats? I know the latter has the suede-like insert, but I’m wondering if the seat shape is different (mostly the side bolsters) and if the DINAMICA insert gets as hot as the MB Tex when left in the sun.

The build I’m considering right now:
Obsidian black, MB Tex & DINAMICA, aluminum trim, AMG package with the night package, AMG interior package (I love the steering wheel), 20 inch AMG wheels (with the night package), pano, P1 and lighting package (comes out to $62,445 per mbusa.com). The only thing I’d change on the build is switching to MB Tex.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,032 Likes on 700 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
I can’t speak to discounts that’s different by Vehicle, Market and Dealer. The 350 has the best chance of getting a discount.

I wouldn’t bet a lot on the delivery date under the circumstances. The 350 hasn’t had the longer delays of other models yet but with the Virus there seem to be ongoing shortages. Components are sourced from several different countries so delays or shutdowns in any one can be a problem. My June order of a GLE 53 just got moved out 30 days to November.
The following users liked this post:
makris0000 (10-02-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 356 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
Dynamica should stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter I believe. Just note, I don’t believe it’s available with the seat ventilation. It’s the only MB-Tex option available with the sport interior, so if you want the sport steering wheel, you can’t get regular MB-Tex. Iirc, the sport interior also has sport seats. They’re a little more bolstered. Still very comfortable though.
makris0000 (10-02-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Sport seats

Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
Dynamica should stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter I believe. Just note, I don’t believe it’s available with the seat ventilation. It’s the only MB-Tex option available with the sport interior, so if you want the sport steering wheel, you can’t get regular MB-Tex. Iirc, the sport interior also has sport seats. They’re a little more bolstered. Still very comfortable though.
Correct. Cool in Summer and warm in Winter.

makris0000 (10-02-2020)
Old 10-02-2020, 07:39 AM

2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Good to know. So the DINAMICA seats are more bolstered than the regular ones. I wish the local dealers had one with DINAMICA that I can sit in/drive before placing the order.

Also when placing the order, I’m assuming there’s a deposit that needs to be put down. Is it refundable if, let’s say, the car comes in and I’m really not happy with it or the pricing they give me when it arrives?
Old 10-02-2020, 08:16 AM
Banned

Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 350
Originally Posted by makris0000
Also when placing the order, I’m assuming there’s a deposit that needs to be put down. Is it refundable if, let’s say, the car comes in and I’m really not happy with it or the pricing they give me when it arrives?
That may vary by dealer. The fine print on my paperwork said that they did not have to refund the deposit. However, my dealership usually does anyhow. My neighbor cancelled his 450 when it finally came in and got his deposit back with no problem.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:08 AM

2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Luckily I have a great relationship with the dealership I am planning on getting it from so I hope they don't give me a hard time.

Also I just thought of something. When I look t pictures of the DINAMICA seats and pictures of the Leather seats, they look almost the same. Does anyone know if the bolstering is the same on the DINAMICA seats and the leather seats?
Old 10-02-2020, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Refundable deposits?

Luckily I have a great relationship with the dealership I am planning on getting it from so I hope they don't give me a hard time.

Also I just thought of something. When I look t pictures of the DINAMICA seats and pictures of the Leather seats, they look almost the same. Does anyone know if the bolstering is the same on the DINAMICA seats and the leather seats?
As WA3CUJ says it varies by dealer but deposits are typically refundable unless you are ordering something very custom or odd. Good to have it in writing up front if you have any uncertainty.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:17 AM

2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
As WA3CUJ says it varies by dealer but deposits are typically refundable unless you are ordering something very custom or odd. Good to have it in writing up front if you have any uncertainty.
I don't think my build is too crazy. Obsidian black, MB Tex & DINAMICA, aluminum trim, AMG package with the night package, AMG interior package (I love the steering wheel), 20 inch AMG wheels (with the night package), pano, P1 and lighting package (comes out to $62,445 per mbusa.com). I feel like the dealership will be able to move that unit off the lot quickly if I were to not lease it.

I gave my guy the specs and he said he will order it so who knows but I will definitely get something in writing saying that the deposit is refundable if/when they ask for a deposit.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,206 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
<snip>
I gave my guy the specs and he said he will order it so who knows but I will definitely get something in writing saying that the deposit is refundable if/when they ask for a deposit.
You should be entitled to a refund, less any expenses the dealer incurs to obtain the vehicle. Like transport or customization. Or an unmarketable build, which as you say, doesn't sound like that's your request.
If you haven't "taken delivery" (possession) of the car, which definition varies a bit from State to State, but it usually means driving it off the lot.
It's likely any expense would be written off as Good Will, if you're being fair.
Old 10-04-2020, 01:39 AM

2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
So I finalized the build earlier today with my guy. He did not require a deposit from me (we’ve gotten many cars from him over the years) and he is going to place the order on Monday. He told me the estimate delivery time right now is mid to late December and the last day to make changes to the build would be at the end of the month. I know this is all rough estimates and I will know better when the order is actually placed.

I do appreciate everyones advice on this.