Mercedes Me Connect App

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020.GLE 350 4Matic
Unhappy Mercedes Me Connect App

Guys,

I am not sure if I am missing anything but the instructions given in the Mercedes Me connect iPhone app to send an address from anywhere (any app) using "Share Menu" is not working for me. For Ex. I can not share an address/POI from Google Map app on iPhone with Mercedes ME Connect app,

The Mercedes Me Connect app is not listed in the "Share Menu". I would assume that the app is not compatible to receive an address from other app but Mercedes Me Connect pas gives instructions on how to use this feature so I am assuming that the app is compatible.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
Unfortunately, this feature was dropped in the last update. I'm assuming it was by accident. I think they messed up the app manifest. I've contacted support twice, once via the website and once via the app, but have yet to receive a response and there hasn't been an update to the app. I'm hoping it'll be fixed in the next update. It was working fine before, but quite honestly I haven't used it all that much so I haven't bothered to call them and press for a resolution. If I have a destination on my phone, I'm more likely to just use CarPlay at that point. For destination entry in the car, the "Navigate to..." voice command works very well for me. Finding destinations by name via its online search and I can do it while driving and w/o taking my hands of the wheel. I used the send to car feature a lot with my previous car, because online searches were very slow and not all that good and it didn't have CarPlay, so the feature has lost some relevance for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
ritu_o0o (10-20-2020), Treihing (11-30-2021)
Old 10-20-2020, 09:11 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2020 GLE 580
I have the same issue, I thought it was just me lol. I’ve tried sending destinations to the car from MercedesMe Connect several times and it always indicates that the destination was sent to the vehicle, but it’s never there. As for google maps, the same thing. Sharing with Mercedes isn’t even an option.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:00 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 GLE 450 + 2019 Audi eTron
Originally Posted by Retired@52
I have the same issue, I thought it was just me lol. I’ve tried sending destinations to the car from MercedesMe Connect several times and it always indicates that the destination was sent to the vehicle, but it’s never there. As for google maps, the same thing. Sharing with Mercedes isn’t even an option.
I find the Mercedes Me app sends destinations to car very well. Only issue is delay where I have to wait a minute for the download. I haven’t tries 3rd party apps yet
Old 10-20-2020, 10:02 AM

Received 134 Likes on 101 Posts
2023 GLE63S - Edition 55
I gotta admit, I'm extremely disappointed with this app and the functionality it offers. I installed an aftermarket system on my previous ML350 and it was way faster starting the car, I could adjust the engine run time, set the heated seats to turn on, I could also remotely open the rear hatch. These features are all missing in the Mercedes Me application. These are basic things that are easily done on a 2015 vehicle using an aftermarket solution (Drone Mobile).
Old 10-20-2020, 12:18 PM

2020.GLE 350 4Matic
I would love to use CarPlay but for some reason, I don't get CarPlay on the entire screen (I'm so disappointed by that) so I stuck to traditional SatNav for a while.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:20 PM

2020.GLE 350 4Matic
For me, at least, app sending destination to the car!!
Old 10-20-2020, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
There's a setting in the app that will send the destination via Bluetooth when the phone is connected already. So if you send a destination while sitting in the running car it should pretty much immediately pop up on the nav screen. It does for me, but I don't have MBUX. I have NTG 5.5, which is the latest COMAND system. If you are not already in the car, then it goes over the Internet and at least with COMAND I have noticed that if I send the destination to far in advance before getting in the car, it never arrives. It has to be sent shortly before the car is started.

Originally Posted by ritu_o0o
I would love to use CarPlay but for some reason, I don't get CarPlay on the entire screen (I'm so disappointed by that) so I stuck to traditional SatNav for a while.
Yeah, that's MBUX and partly why I don't mind my 2019 C63S didn't get MBUX yet. They just pushed out an update to the app today, but unfortunately the share function is still missing. I may try to call support and follow up on my issue. Last time I tried calling, actually I tried chatting and after waiting for a while I got disconnected. I think I tried calling as well, but just didn't feel like waiting on hold.

The following users liked this post:
ritu_o0o (10-22-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 05:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 GLE53
Yeah, garbage app. Updates, are mainly done at an interval of 3-4 months, and purely for fix bugs. It seems like the EU version (Mercedes Me 2020) is better than the one we are able to download in the US however.
The following users liked this post:
Mick1113 (10-26-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
We should be getting the Mercedes Me 2020 app eventually. I'm guessing that Covid put somewhat of a delay on the rollout. The Mercedes Me 2020 app was specifically created to have more frequent updates etc. People do have to report issues, though with the current app if they want it fixed. Granted, it seems nobody is at home at MBUSA at the moment. I tried to call support from my phone and the car to report this issue, but all I'm getting is a voicemail box and eventually says the number can only be used for texting. Online chat is not working, either, nobody seems to be there at the other end, and I have received zero responses to reporting the issue first via the website and then via the app. I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt and assume this is all due to Covid and people working from home. In the past I've gotten responses to my issues and bugs were resolved when I reported them.

At the moment I'm not exactly going places, so not being able to send destinations directly from other apps is not really an issue. I'm counting on it that they'll fix it eventually or we'll get the new app where based on other reports this feature is working as it should.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,627 Likes on 1,198 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
I have no problem sharing with Mercedes Me Connect. I use Android. I just have to scroll right quite a ways, to see the option.
Maybe the Apple App is late to the party, at least this week.

P.S. I think I have the 2020 version. It may be that different carriers roll out the app at different times. Verizon here. App build number 2.16.3-820.

Last edited by mikapen; 10-20-2020 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:44 PM

ML350 06
Mine sucks I’m able to use everything within the app but since approx 2 weeks ago i cant lock or unlock my GLE , its not the connection because i can turn on the engine , but the Door option just doesn’t work , mercedes says that works , but obviously not

Old 10-22-2020, 04:17 PM

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
various
MBUX looks nice but that’s where the features end.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by mikapen
I have no problem sharing with Mercedes Me Connect. I use Android. I just have to scroll right quite a ways, to see the option.
Maybe the Apple App is late to the party, at least this week.

P.S. I think I have the 2020 version. It may be that different carriers roll out the app at different times. Verizon here. App build number 2.16.3-820.
Looking at the responses here, it looks like we can't answer questions unless we know 1. IOS or Android, 2. Carrier - Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile or ??, and 3. Build number, which you can see if you hit the "i" icon and check "App Description."
It could be a late roll-out, or it could be a lousy app.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'23 W213, '23 BMW 760, '19 BMW X3
Originally Posted by mikapen
Looking at the responses here, it looks like we can't answer questions unless we know 1. IOS or Android, 2. Carrier - Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile or ??, and 3. Build number, which you can see if you hit the "i" icon and check "App Description."
It could be a late roll-out, or it could be a lousy app.
Sorry if this is an old thread but it seems to be an old problem. IMHO it is a crappy app. I have latest iPhone 13 and latest IOS and the app has not connected for 2 months. In the app, all the "services" are marked as active, but there is no remote locking, unlocking, no latest mileage, no tire pressures, and the app says "last updated 2 months ago". I have tried logging in and out, delteing the app and reintstalling it, and trying my wife's phone as well. Looks like a trip to the dealer is needed. I have to say the BMW app is way better. MB should be embarrassed.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AlteMB
Sorry if this is an old thread but it seems to be an old problem. IMHO it is a crappy app. I have latest iPhone 13 and latest IOS and the app has not connected for 2 months. In the app, all the "services" are marked as active, but there is no remote locking, unlocking, no latest mileage, no tire pressures, and the app says "last updated 2 months ago". I have tried logging in and out, delteing the app and reintstalling it, and trying my wife's phone as well. Looks like a trip to the dealer is needed. I have to say the BMW app is way better. MB should be embarrassed.
If you and your wife both have the app but only one car, you may have the car improperly registered to the app.
This happened to us and the Dealer was a big help. You might call them and ask you to walk you through re-registering the car.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,032 Likes on 700 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by AlteMB
It’s not the App… mine works perfectly.

A few years ago there was an issue with the Dealer system using an old email and my vehicle registered with my newer one.

Last edited by Ron.s; 11-30-2021 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-30-2021, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 236 Likes on 204 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 . 24 GLE 450e.
Originally Posted by Ron.s

A few years ago there was an issue with the Dealer system using an old email and my vehicle registered with my newer one.
The information does show up in the app. However, sending addresses does not work most of the time. It says the address was sent but, it doesn’t show up when I start the car.
Old 11-30-2021, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Ron.s

Originally Posted by Elvisfan0108
The information does show up in the app. However, sending addresses does not work most of the time. It says the address was sent but, it doesn’t show up when I start the car.
I agree with @Ron.s . The app works fine and I also regularly send navigation destinations to the car. The one thing to be aware of with the latter is that if you are already in the car and the car is turned on, the address is sent via Bluetooth directly to the car. This has failed for me occasionally if the system hasn't quite finished booting, but the phone is already connected. If you do it before getting in and turning on the car, then it's sent via the Internet and takes a moment before it shows up in the car as you have to wait for the data connection to be fully established. But overall this works very reliably for me. It works so well that it's more convenient than having to plug in my phone and use CarPlay, but I do have NTG 5.5 in my car and not MBUX. I've actually created a shortcut automation on my iPhone that allows me to send a destination from an upcoming calendar event directly to the car, so with a couple of taps I'm on my way to my next event.

EDIT: Sometimes the prompt doesn't show up in the car if for example you are reversing and the backup camera is up. In that case you can find it under last destinations. Any address sent from the phone always goes into last destinations, so you can pull it up later or if the prompt wasn't displayed for some reason.

Last edited by superswiss; 11-30-2021 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2021, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I can only talk about my experience. I add them from my home. When it doesn’t show up, I have checked Last Destinations. They are not there.
May I ask how you automated an event from your calendar to go to the app?

Last edited by Elvisfan0108; 11-30-2021 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-30-2021, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
I can only talk about my experience. I add them from my home. When it doesn’t show up, I have checked Last Destinations. They are not there.
Not sure what to tell you other than opening a support ticket. It's likely something that wasn't setup correctly. or a reception issue. Does your car have a good cellular signal where it's parked when you send the destination? I see you have a C300. I have a '19 C63S coupe, so we have the same system.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by superswiss
Not sure what to tell you other than opening a support ticket. It's likely something that wasn't setup correctly. or a reception issue. Does your car have a good cellular signal where it's parked when you send the destination? I see you have a C300. I have a '19 C63S coupe, so we have the same system.
It has worked, so it is setup correctly. Of course the iPhone has been updated. The WiFi is strong but cell reception is bad. 1 bar. I have no way of knowing what strength the signal is in the car.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
It has worked, so it is setup correctly. Of course the iPhone has been updated. The WiFi is strong but cell reception is bad. 1 bar. I have no way of knowing what strength the signal is in the car.
So the culprit is likely poor cellular reception where you are if your phone only gets 1 bar. The car uses AT&T, who's your phone carrier? There needs to be a strong enough cellular signal where the car is parked.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by superswiss
So the culprit is likely poor cellular reception where you are if your phone only gets 1 bar. The car uses AT&T, who's your phone carrier? There needs to be a strong enough cellular signal where the car is parked.
At&t.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
At&t.
There you go. Stand with your phone next to the car and see how many bars you get. If the signal is weak, you've found your problem.