GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Seat belt roller/adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 GLE350, 2019 RS3
Seat belt roller/adjustment

Weird request....back story, took my GLE in yesterday to get battery issues addressed. I noticed when leaving the drivers seat belt felt “different” but I don’t drive often ( wife’s car).

She noticed it right away that is was harder to pull the belt. The front passenger has a roller the belt rides on but my drivers one does not.

My guess is they removed this trim to replace the battery, though not sure why, and it wasn’t put together back properly.

Can someone verify (pic would be very much appreciated) that the drivers side mirrors the passenger side? I am specifically looking for where the belt comes out of the belt height adjustment area.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-24-2020, 09:37 AM

2020 GLE350, 2019 RS3
Originally Posted by adam4x4
Weird request....back story, took my GLE in yesterday to get battery issues addressed. I noticed when leaving the drivers seat belt felt “different” but I don’t drive often ( wife’s car).

She noticed it right away that is was harder to pull the belt. The front passenger has a roller the belt rides on but my drivers one does not.

My guess is they removed this trim to replace the battery, though not sure why, and it wasn’t put together back properly.

Can someone verify (pic would be very much appreciated) that the drivers side mirrors the passenger side? I am specifically looking for where the belt comes out of the belt height adjustment area.

Thanks in advance!

Here is what mine currently looks like

Old 12-24-2020, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Seat belt retractor issue

Thanks in advance!
Yes, there is not a roller, per se, but a curved piece surrounding the belt that helps the belt glide. Yours appears to be missing that. Both sides, driver & passenger, should look the same.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:09 AM

2020 GLE350, 2019 RS3
Exactly what I needed, thank you!
Old 12-24-2020, 11:29 AM
Banned

Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 350
Weird request....back story, took my GLE in yesterday to get battery issues addressed.
May I ask what the battery issue was that they were addressing?
Old 12-24-2020, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,206 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Here is what mine currently looks like
It looks like the entire insert that holds the adjuster and guides the belt, is not fully seated. See the gap at the bottom?
On my ML, I inadvertently raised that whole assembly and caused a bind. I was investigating an annoying rattle by my left ear.
I just pressed firmly downward on the adjuster, which re-seated the assembly and fixed my self-inflicted problem.
(But not the rattle.)
Old 12-24-2020, 07:24 PM

2020 GLE350, 2019 RS3
Originally Posted by WA3CUJ
May I ask what the battery issue was that they were addressing?
Multiple messages through the app indicating the charging system being “partially charged”. This was after driving it. At one point it was critically low and was dead which required a jump. I asked them to load test the battery while I had it in and it tested bad. $500 warranty repair - I wouldn’t want to be on the paying end of that repair.

i have seen other posts about battery issues so I will be closely watching the system to see my issue was an anomaly or something more common.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Battery issue leads to seat belt issue

Weird request....back story, took my GLE in yesterday to get battery issues addressed. I noticed when leaving the drivers seat belt felt “different” but I don’t drive often ( wife’s car). She noticed it right away that is was harder to pull the belt. The front passenger has a roller the belt rides on but my drivers one does not.

I believe the battery is under the 2nd row seat, but it's odd the belt would have been removed. Let us know what you find out when you take it back.
Old 12-25-2020, 07:17 PM
Banned

Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 350
Multiple messages through the app indicating the charging system being “partially charged”. This was after driving it. At one point it was critically low and was dead which required a jump. I asked them to load test the battery while I had it in and it tested bad. $500 warranty repair - I wouldn’t want to be on the paying end of that repair.

i have seen other posts about battery issues so I will be closely watching the system to see my issue was an anomaly or something more common.
Thanks. I am seeing the exact same thing. Guess I better stop by the dealer. If you didn't pay attention to the app, you would never see this. Talking to my dealer last year, they have a lot of people that never use the app at all!!!
Old 01-03-2021, 07:01 PM

2020 GLE350, 2019 RS3
All fixed for now....they said they had to the B pillar trim to be able to pull carpet up for battery replacement.