GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

The Mercedes Me Connect experience is hugely disappointing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
In the small state of New Jersey, they keep a rolling tally of every car that was a lemon law buyback. Facts don't lie. Mercedes holds the record for the most lemons for any one particular model from year 2020 above all other manufacturers. While BMW has almost as many total lemons as MB, they are spread out over many different models,.even motorcycles. Some manufacturers have less than 5 cars on the list. Do you want to guess which model wins? You don't have to...it's the 2020 GLE and GLS. There is clearly a trend in these numbers. The one-sixty-lemon has problems. Just imagine the other 49 states.
Check for yourselves:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/llu/Documents/Vehicles-Branded-Under-The-New-Jersey-Lemon-Law.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiCzZqI2u7uAhXcRjABHUTXB-8QFjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw26EunftqC9K4OKv2eajzty

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 02-16-2021 at 10:22 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by E55Greasemonkey:
hyperion667 (02-16-2021), places (02-16-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
In the small state of New Jersey, they keep a rolling tally of every car that was a lemon law buyback. Facts don't lie. Mercedes holds the record for the most lemon laws for any one particular model from year (2020) above all other manufacturers. While BMW has almost as many total lemons as MB, they are spread out over many different models,.even motorcycles . Do you want to guess which model wins? You don't have to...it's the 2020 GLE and GLS. Just imagine the other 49 states.

Yawn, get a life and enjoy your money, if you actually have any!.
Old 02-16-2021, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,483 Likes on 980 Posts
No more MB:(
In the small state of New Jersey, they keep a rolling tally of every car that was a lemon law buyback. Facts don't lie. Mercedes holds the record for the most lemons for any one particular model from year 2020 above all other manufacturers. While BMW has almost as many total lemons as MB, they are spread out over many different models,.even motorcycles. Some manufacturers have less than 5 cars on the list. Do you want to guess which model wins? You don't have to...it's the 2020 GLE and GLS. There is clearly a trend in these numbers. The one-sixty-lemon has problems. Just imagine the other 49 states.
Check for yourselves:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...C9K4OKv2eajzty

That's a lot. I was actually curious about this. Definitely not surprised, pretty much as I would have expected. MB knows there is a QC problem with the 167, I'm sure they will get it right at some point but at what expense to the consumer and the brand.

Would really like to see US wide data.
Old 02-16-2021, 10:34 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Philamg
WTF?
The following users liked this post:
places (02-16-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by Philamg
I'm sorry if you can't handle facts. Now go enjoy your alternate reality.
The following 2 users liked this post by E55Greasemonkey:
hyperion667 (02-16-2021), places (02-16-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,483 Likes on 980 Posts
No more MB:(
Originally Posted by hyperion667
WTF?
Exactly. Definitely a downmarket statement.
hyperion667 (02-16-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glc43
Hi all - I'm looking to get in touch with someone in this forum who is or previously was in a similar situation with a malfunctioning Mercedes Me Connect app. Also if this isn't the right forum please link me to the right one so I can re-post the below. Background on my situation:
  • I own a 2019 MB AMG GLC43 (took delivery Feb 2019)
  • Mercedes Me Connect app worked PERFECTLY from Feb 2019 through December 2020 (almost 20 months)
  • In December 2020, the app effectively stopped working; GPS, remote start or door locking/unlocking functionality ceased to work entirely along with all the other features.
  • I attempted to fix this in various ways which included a) deleting and re-installing the app, b) deleting my mercedes me account entirely and making an entirely new one, c) spent ~3 hours with Mercedes Me tech support to troubleshoot and attempt various fixes, and d) had my software re-booted inside the car during a recent Service B appointment. Unfortunately nothing worked.
    • Mercedes is having me bring the car back in next month specifically to address this issue and attempt other fixes.
So while I'm fine waiting another month to see if this can get fixed (not getting my hopes up), I'm wondering if anyone in this community has dealt with a similar problem with Mercedes Me Connect and has suggestions on how to get it working and synched up properly with the car again. It's confusing because everything used to work for almost 20 months.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 02-16-2021, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,852 Likes on 2,575 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Popcornre4dy
Hi all - I'm looking to get in touch with someone in this forum who is or previously was in a similar situation with a malfunctioning Mercedes Me Connect app. Also if this isn't the right forum please link me to the right one so I can re-post the below. Background on my situation:
  • I own a 2019 MB AMG GLC43 (took delivery Feb 2019)
  • Mercedes Me Connect app worked PERFECTLY from Feb 2019 through December 2020 (almost 20 months)
  • In December 2020, the app effectively stopped working; GPS, remote start or door locking/unlocking functionality ceased to work entirely along with all the other features.
  • I attempted to fix this in various ways which included a) deleting and re-installing the app, b) deleting my mercedes me account entirely and making an entirely new one, c) spent ~3 hours with Mercedes Me tech support to troubleshoot and attempt various fixes, and d) had my software re-booted inside the car during a recent Service B appointment. Unfortunately nothing worked.
    • Mercedes is having me bring the car back in next month specifically to address this issue and attempt other fixes.
So while I'm fine waiting another month to see if this can get fixed (not getting my hopes up), I'm wondering if anyone in this community has dealt with a similar problem with Mercedes Me Connect and has suggestions on how to get it working and synched up properly with the car again. It's confusing because everything used to work for almost 20 months.

Thanks for any advice!
Nope, never had the whole thing fail like that. However FWIW, this past weekend my car stopped getting life traffic. I initially thought that they are doing maintenance or something, but it became clear that it wasn't a widespread issue. I resolved it by going to "Manage services" and deactivate the Live Traffic service and then activate it again. After that live traffic was back. I'm guessing since you worked with their support that they tried to reprovision the services, but you can try to login to the web portal if that still works for you and then deactivate all the services and activate them again, but since you have gone as far as deleting your account and creating a new one, not sure if the above will help. I do know that if you create a new account and add the car, the dealership has to active it on their end before it starts working. I had issue initially, because my sales person didn't do the activation correctly, so we both got into my car, him with is iPad and we called Mercedes me support from the car and together we got it working. The sales person eventually realized that he forgot a step.
Popcornre4dy (02-16-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 03:40 PM

Glc43
Originally Posted by superswiss
Nope, never had the whole thing fail like that. However FWIW, this past weekend my car stopped getting life traffic. I initially thought that they are doing maintenance or something, but it became clear that it wasn't a widespread issue. I resolved it by going to "Manage services" and deactivate the Live Traffic service and then activate it again. After that live traffic was back. I'm guessing since you worked with their support that they tried to reprovision the services, but you can try to login to the web portal if that still works for you and then deactivate all the services and activate them again, but since you have gone as far as deleting your account and creating a new one, not sure if the above will help. I do know that if you create a new account and add the car, the dealership has to active it on their end before it starts working. I had issue initially, because my sales person didn't do the activation correctly, so we both got into my car, him with is iPad and we called Mercedes me support from the car and together we got it working. The sales person eventually realized that he forgot a step.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I've gone to the portal and switched off and on all the services to see if they would re-activate, and that didn't work. I do like your second idea, which is to delete the profile yet again and create another new account and pair the car. I will need to call Mercedes again so they can have someone activate it on their end in parallel as well (I agree). I've done all this before, but perhaps worth going through again now that the software was reset over the weekend during my Service B appointment.

I'm quite persistent on all this, so will try anything. If anyone else has any solutions, please let me know.
Old 02-16-2021, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Check for yourselves:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...C9K4OKv2eajzty
Since you are so proud of your post, I did check for myself. Thanks for the link. Your post (New Record) is incorrect - some might call it Fake.
Why did you multiple post the actual results? I know you think we're all stupid, and have told us so multiple times, but we're not.
There are 84 GLE/GLS/AMG listed. A lot less than several manufacturers that sell fewer cars.`
How does that total compare to the total of the cars registered in NJ, as a percentage? It's useless information without percentages.

Now that you have called multiple people on the forum as many derogatory names as you can think of (I know...), you resort to this.
It didn't fly before, and it's not flying now.
Why don't you post to the Hyundai forum - they have several more pages of recalls. Or Subaru. Or Tesla. They will enjoy your presence as much as I do(n't).
The following 3 users liked this post by mikapen:
Philamg (02-16-2021), Timmay (03-12-2021), wkoukios (02-02-2022)
Old 02-16-2021, 05:13 PM

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts
NCC-1701
So I had some time and I actually looked at the data shared. E55Greasemonkey is correct, facts don't lie.
MB is #6 on the list based on total count of recalls (that's for the entire data set).
For 2020 in particular, Ford Explorer leads the pack with 69 lemons which is more compared to the sum of GLE 450 (19) and GLE 350 (45).
While this give us some indication, it doesn't really mean anything if it is not compared to count of vehicles sold, because we need to know what percentage of those are lemons.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by cupecoy
So I had some time and I actually looked at the data shared. E55Greasemonkey is correct, facts don't lie.
MB is #6 on the list based on total count of recalls (that's for the entire data set).
For 2020 in particular, Ford Explorer leads the pack with 69 lemons which is more compared to the sum of GLE 450 (19) and GLE 350 (45).
While this give us some indication, it doesn't really mean anything if it is not compared to count of vehicles sold, because we need to know what percentage of those are lemons.
There are over 20,000 vehicles on Monkey's NJ list. Even with a really long model year (2020 with its early intro) the GLE list is not as big as expected. Wait until brands with late 2020 introductions make their way through the Lemon System.....

I agree that we see many posts about problems (I have had my share), but this is a forum where people with problems post their experiences and ask for assistance. It's not a representative sample.
The Lemon Law statistics are interesting, though.
Another point to consider - owners of Premium autos always have higher expectations of their cars. We see this on JD Powers ratings all the time. (Their first question: "Was the car what you expected?") People with lower priced cars tend to view their cars as "appliances," and if they blow three transmissions in the first year they aren't as disappointed as a premium car with a loose glove box latch. Both JD Powers and Consumer Reports are very poor at separating Severe problems from Niggling ones, and you need to dig deeper into their ratings before you can see the really problematic cars. (Neither makes it easy any more, if at all possible.)
I don't know what criteria NJ uses for their Lemon Law to kick in. Big city areas tend to need more government intervention than more self-sufficient areas of the Country.

Based on all this, I'm impressed that M-B is showing as few as they are. Reading the Forum, and seeing the Usual Denigraters, you'd expect more.
M-B needs to improve - mine went into production this week and I'm hoping for No Problems. I wish "hope" wasn't a consideration.
cupecoy (02-17-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by mikapen
Since you are so proud of your post, I did check for myself. Thanks for the link. Your post (New Record) is incorrect - some might call it Fake.
Why did you multiple post the actual results? I know you think we're all stupid, and have told us so multiple times, but we're not.
There are 84 GLE/GLS/AMG listed. A lot less than several manufacturers that sell fewer cars.`
How does that total compare to the total of the cars registered in NJ, as a percentage? It's useless information without percentages.

Now that you have called multiple people on the forum as many derogatory names as you can think of (I know...), you resort to this.
It didn't fly before, and it's not flying now.
Why don't you post to the Hyundai forum - they have several more pages of recalls. Or Subaru. Or Tesla. They will enjoy your presence as much as I do(n't).
Open mouth, insert foot. The multiple posted pictures you incorrectly allege as a deception are simply due to the fact I can only screenshot one page at a time, and some pages overlap when displayed. Derogatory names? You called yourself stupid, not me, nor have I ever called someone stupid, but you may have just proven yourself to be.

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 02-16-2021 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:16 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
The following 2 users liked this post by hyperion667:
E55Greasemonkey (02-16-2021), places (02-17-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by mikapen
There are over 20,000 vehicles on Monkey's NJ list. Even with a really long model year (2020 with its early intro) the GLE list is not as big as expected. Wait until brands with late 2020 introductions make their way through the Lemon System.....

I agree that we see many posts about problems (I have had my share), but this is a forum where people with problems post their experiences and ask for assistance. It's not a representative sample.
The Lemon Law statistics are interesting, though.
Another point to consider - owners of Premium autos always have higher expectations of their cars. We see this on JD Powers ratings all the time. (Their first question: "Was the car what you expected?") People with lower priced cars tend to view their cars as "appliances," and if they blow three transmissions in the first year they aren't as disappointed as a premium car with a loose glove box latch. Both JD Powers and Consumer Reports are very poor at separating Severe problems from Niggling ones, and you need to dig deeper into their ratings before you can see the really problematic cars. (Neither makes it easy any more, if at all possible.)
I don't know what criteria NJ uses for their Lemon Law to kick in. Big city areas tend to need more government intervention than more self-sufficient areas of the Country.

Based on all this, I'm impressed that M-B is showing as few as they are. Reading the Forum, and seeing the Usual Denigraters, you'd expect more.
M-B needs to improve - mine went into production this week and I'm hoping for No Problems. I wish "hope" wasn't a consideration.
You make some good points. Keep in mind the "NJ list" seems to backdate several years, and isn't clear when it "started" so I looked only at 2020 model years. That 20,000 cars includes many cars several years old. I did a quick comparison with MB competitors, namely BMW and Audi, as you are correct that most Toyota drivers would tend to be less "picky" than a higher end European buyer. I didn't have time, nor will I, to condense the entire report. What did stand out though, were all the duplicates of the 167 chassis vins in one model year. No other Euro manufacturer looked the same. Yes, Lincoln had a similar look for 2020, but one can surmise a lot more Lincolns were sold than Mercedes, and the brands don't warrant comparison.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,256 Likes on 2,027 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
You make some good points. Keep in mind the "NJ list" seems to backdate several years, and isn't clear when it "started" so I looked only at 2020 model years. That 20,000 cars includes many cars several years old. I did a quick comparison with MB competitors, namely BMW and Audi, as you are correct that most Toyota drivers would tend to be less "picky" than a higher end European buyer. I didn't have time, nor will I, to condense the entire report. What did stand out though, were all the duplicates of the 167 chassis vins in one model year. No other Euro manufacturer looked the same. Yes, Lincoln had a similar look for 2020, but one can surmise a lot more Lincolns were sold than Mercedes, and the brands don't warrant comparison.
While this is an interesting and relevant conversation, it's off topic. So unless you actually have something to share about Mercedes Me Connect services, save it for another thread...
The following 6 users liked this post by Wolfman:
E55Greasemonkey (02-16-2021), hyperion667 (02-16-2021), KrustyKustom (11-03-2022), mikapen (02-17-2021), Timmay (03-12-2021), wkoukios (02-02-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-16-2021, 09:38 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Wolfman
While this is an interesting and relevant conversation, it's off topic. So unless you actually have something to share about Mercedes Me Connect services, save it for another thread...
Oh man! Did someone get so offended (again) that they reported someone and then someone's posts were disappeared? At least it's you Wolfman and not Vic or Dave lol
Old 02-17-2021, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

......Yes, Lincoln had a similar look for 2020, but one can surmise a lot more Lincolns were sold than Mercedes, and the brands don't warrant comparison.
Sorry to disrupt your errant story, but as an example of your misleading "Facts," M-B outsold Lincoln 3 to 1 - in 2020 to be specific.
Just an example of how trying to make a point by misusing "facts" can get you caught out.
Any more on Mercedes Me?
Old 03-12-2021, 07:07 AM

NCC-1701
So I contacted MB CS to get help resolving my issues and have been advised that the vehicle needs multiple software updates, and: "...our records show your vehicle is currently at software version E409.6 when the latest version is actually E522.3"
I recall asking a service supervisor to update the vehicle and at the time they told me that they "only update if there was a problem" and they required a "special appointment outside the scheduled service" to do that.
At this time I am slightly annoyed, so I will take the car in about two weeks and see how that goes. Don't understand the "we only update if there are problems" policy.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:58 AM

Received 342 Likes on 182 Posts
2023 GLE 450 4matic
Old 03-12-2021, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,182 Likes on 850 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Updates

So I contacted MB CS to get help resolving my issues and have been advised that the vehicle needs multiple software updates, and: "...our records show your vehicle is currently at software version E409.6 when the latest version is actually E522.3"
I recall asking a service supervisor to update the vehicle and at the time they told me that they "only update if there was a problem" and they required a "special appointment outside the scheduled service" to do that.
At this time I am slightly annoyed, so I will take the car in about two weeks and see how that goes. Don't understand the "we only update if there are problems" policy.
That’s because the dealer doesn’t get paid for nonessential updates. Seems they should be willing to do them if you paid for it, though.
cupecoy (03-13-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 02:40 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2020 GLE350 4Matic
They say this same BS the couple of times I've asked.

Once time the service advisor helped me out and wrote "MBUX not working" and they upgraded it to FUP2.
Back in December, I asked them to upgrade to FUP3 while they had it overnight (ended up being almost a week) to do Schedule B services + fix a rattle. End of the day, like most software titles, we should be entitled to any upgrade - just like Windows, iOS, etc.
cupecoy (03-13-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 06:45 AM

NCC-1701
I recall that when asking why no updates have ever been installed to such a software-heavy machine their reply was something in the lines of "it's not an iphone"
Old 06-12-2021, 09:13 PM

2021 GLS 450
Totally agrees with everything! Spent 100k for obviously *** backwards option.

I feel that MB did a **** poor job in implementing their Connect services. The whole thing is of beta quality and I haven't seen things improve as a matter of fact they got worse as time went on!

No Software Updates in nearly 1.5 years of ownership. There are multiple bugs that need to be addressed (e.g.backwards seat convenience feature, buggy CarPlay, vehicle not lowering on exit etc.).
They removed a lot of their Connect functionality from the Mercedes Me website - Doors and Windows, ECO display and Geofencing services are now only available in the app, no longer visible on mercedes.me.
App services are buggy: I have come to find that the Remote Start essentially might as well not exist, as it is supremely unreliable. I think I was able to use it once so far. Worked a bit better in the old app version.
Online Maps Update is quirky and the process of updating via their crappy MacOS app feels like I bought a Chinese dashcam from AliExpress. Automatic Region Map Updates work only sometimes.
My vehicle also frequently reports that a window is open or that the sunroof is open (they aren't) and I would have to start the car, open and close the window in question so its' status resets and shows properly.
The old iOS app had some issues but at least it worked fairly well. The new app refuses to refresh vehicle status upon opening and hangs onto old status with "last update xx days ago" not allowing me to remote start or unlock.

So yeah, the entire software implementation sucks, IMO.
The speed limit implementation sucks too. I mean who drives exactly the speed limit. The Ford implementation blows it away in a 50k car! Mercedes needs to wake up!
Old 06-13-2021, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mercman9999999
The speed limit implementation sucks too. I mean who drives exactly the speed limit. The Ford implementation blows it away in a 50k car! Mercedes needs to wake up!
What does Ford do?
With M-B I think you can only select +5, but you can also stop flashing or turn it off altogether. I leave it off because if I'm way over, I have more to concentrate on than a flashy thing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Mercedes Me Connect experience is hugely disappointing