GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

The Mercedes Me Connect experience is hugely disappointing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLC43R AMG
Sadly, although I have Mercedes Me Connect, I don't see this service option. When I use your link, if brings me to the German Site. My mapping updated automatically, thankfully. I don't get any other options to see the "online Map Update" when I log in Mercedes me. Only see the mention in the FAQ.
Old 08-09-2021, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,852 Likes on 2,575 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by vnarma
Sadly, although I have Mercedes Me Connect, I don't see this service option. When I use your link, if brings me to the German Site. My mapping updated automatically, thankfully. I don't get any other options to see the "online Map Update" when I log in Mercedes me. Only see the mention in the FAQ.
Clear your cookies and browser cache. Their login is absolutely terrible and it gets borked occasionally if the cookies get messed up. Make sure you log out afterwards to clear your session and trigger a fresh clean login next time.
Old 02-02-2022, 06:15 PM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts
2016 S550 Coupe, 2015 GL 550
Costco Gas??

Originally Posted by paulmj1
This really happened. So I’m sitting in the barber chair getting a haircut a couple of days ago. My Apple Watch lights up and tells me the GLE is unlocked. I use Find my Phone and discover the car is parked at Costco, 30 miles away. My wife forgot to lock it so I take care of that. I also checked the fuel level and it’s down to 200 miles range, so I text her and remind her to get Costco gas. All with Mercedes Me, all while getting a haircut. What more do I want from this thing?
. Not Costco gas lol
Old 02-02-2022, 10:28 PM

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts
2021 GLE 350, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2023 Polestar 2, '73 Alfa GTV
Originally Posted by lexnoir
. Not Costco gas lol
Nothing wrong with that. It’s top tier gas, same as that pricey stuff from chevron etc.
The following 2 users liked this post by Aggie57:
Ron.s (02-03-2022), TexAg91 (02-06-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 08:14 AM

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLS580, 2020 Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by lexnoir
. Not Costco gas lol
Top Tier and premium does not have any ethanol!
Old 02-03-2022, 11:49 AM

Received 342 Likes on 182 Posts
2023 GLE 450 4matic
Originally Posted by marchgroupinc
It most certainly does!
Old 02-03-2022, 12:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,549 Likes on 2,167 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Lucky 777
It most certainly does!
I guess it also depends on the refinery your local Costco gets their gas from. My local Costco gas station doesn't have ethanol for example but I prefer Shell's V-Power and likely will be sticking with them for the time being.

Use this site to learn more if your State or Province's gas stations have ethanol or not: https://www.pure-gas.org/
Old 02-03-2022, 01:21 PM

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts
2021 GLE450W4 SUV
That is incorrect. Top Tier most definitely has ethanol.
Old 02-03-2022, 02:48 PM

Received 342 Likes on 182 Posts
2023 GLE 450 4matic
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
I guess it also depends on the refinery your local Costco gets their gas from. My local Costco gas station doesn't have ethanol for example but I prefer Shell's V-Power and likely will be sticking with them for the time being.

Use this site to learn more if your State or Province's gas stations have ethanol or not: https://www.pure-gas.org/
I wish I could get pure gas around here! There is a Sunoco station nearby I've been buying gas from that has 91 octane which is rare. Everything is either 87 or 93.
Old 02-03-2022, 05:26 PM

2021 GLE450W4 SUV
I wish I could get pure gas around here! There is a Sunoco station nearby I've been buying gas from that has 91 octane which is rare. Everything is either 87 or 93.
The non-ethanol gas around here is only 90 octane unfortunately.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:15 PM
Banned

Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 350
I know that we are not "too" far apart, but over my way the majority of stations top out at 91 octane with only a few having 93. I have no idea what drives that. When we were in Florida in December 93 was available everywhere!!!
Old 02-03-2022, 09:36 PM

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts
2021 GLE 450
Thumbs up It did the job

My friend's 2019 GLE 450 was stolen 12:30 AM this morning In Norfolk Virginia. With he connect app they were able to locate and recover the vehicle. The thieves got away. I have not gotten a reply on how they were able to get it started.
The following users liked this post:
Lucky 777 (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 08:46 AM

It most certainly does!
I was referring to Costco being Top Tier and definitely no ethanol in that Premium here in Ontario. Confirmed at the pump and at pure-gas.org . Must vary by State or Province.

Last edited by marchgroupinc; 02-04-2022 at 08:50 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-04-2022, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by jtjbt20x
The non-ethanol gas around here is only 90 octane unfortunately.
Where is "around here"?

In Ontario where I live premium is only 91 Octane and Petro-Can carries Sunoco 94 but adds ethanol.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:03 AM

2021 GLE450W4 SUV
I was referring to Costco being Top Tier and definitely no ethanol in that Premium here in Ontario. Confirmed at the pump and at pure-gas.org . Must vary by State or Province.
Lucky you! It really doesn't apply to me since the closest Costco is three and half hours away and as noted above, the non-ethanol gas near me is only 90 octane.
Old 02-06-2022, 10:12 AM

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLE350 4Matic; 2023 Tesla Model Y
Top Tier gas has detergent additives that keep your fuel injectors clean so they don't clog. It can have up to 10% ethanol in the United States.

TOP TIER™ Detergent Gasoline Brands
  • All retail locations within the licensed country must meet the high standards of the TOP TIER™ program.
  • All gasoline grades must be treated with an approved TOP TIER™ Detergent Gasoline additive at the correct concentration.
  • The TOP TIER™ logo must be prominently displayed.
  • TOP TIER™ licensed retailers agree to not use organometallic additives (such as MMT or Ferrocine).
  • Find more information here.
Costco Wholesale USA
Costco Wholesale Canada
Costco Wholesale Mexico
Costco Wholesale Puerto Rico
Old 02-07-2022, 02:45 PM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
Trying to get MercedesMe and Connect as well as internet transition straight. It's been weeks. Cannot access MercedesMe and Connect via the MBUSA.com site. It recognizes my password and shows my current vehicle, but says that "VIN does not match our records. Call customer service or visit your dealer." I finally got the map update last night for my region which the MercedesMe iPhone app indicate was ready to download. Car downloaded and installed but the app still shows waiting to download and install. And yesterday my TuneIn Radio and in vehicle hot spot showed no service provider.

Spoke with customer service during the software update who says that the car's WiFi transitioned to TMobile but not the internet hotspot. Still shows AT&T and they would need to transition this from their end.

Spoke again with customer service about the web page being inaccessible. Her tech people said it had to do with the transition. They could not understand why I do not have WiFi hotspot since it still shows connected to AT&T. Rep said she would call me back when car has transitioned and at that point I should be able to access the web page and map updates for other regions to install manually.

The excuse was that "many vehicles did not transition automatically and we have to do it manually from our end."

All in all, frustrating.
mikapen (02-07-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLQA250 Matic
Originally Posted by cupecoy
I feel that MB did a **** poor job in implementing their Connect services. The whole thing is of beta quality and I haven't seen things improve as a matter of fact they got worse as time went on!

No Software Updates in nearly 1.5 years of ownership. There are multiple bugs that need to be addressed (e.g.backwards seat convenience feature, buggy CarPlay, vehicle not lowering on exit etc.).
They removed a lot of their Connect functionality from the Mercedes Me website - Doors and Windows, ECO display and Geofencing services are now only available in the app, no longer visible on mercedes.me.
App services are buggy: I have come to find that the Remote Start essentially might as well not exist, as it is supremely unreliable. I think I was able to use it once so far. Worked a bit better in the old app version.
Online Maps Update is quirky and the process of updating via their crappy MacOS app feels like I bought a Chinese dashcam from AliExpress. Automatic Region Map Updates work only sometimes.
My vehicle also frequently reports that a window is open or that the sunroof is open (they aren't) and I would have to start the car, open and close the window in question so its' status resets and shows properly.
The old iOS app had some issues but at least it worked fairly well. The new app refuses to refresh vehicle status upon opening and hangs onto old status with "last update xx days ago" not allowing me to remote start or unlock.

So yeah, the entire software implementation sucks, IMO.
I felt the same way for a long time until I found a solution all on my own which is - I reset my 2020 GLA 250 4 Matic to Factory Setting and now Mercedes Me Connect app is fully functional. . What a relief! I would also advise to remove and reinstall the app before or after resetting.
Old 03-28-2022, 07:16 PM

2012 GL450
Originally Posted by paulmj1
This really happened. So I’m sitting in the barber chair getting a haircut a couple of days ago. My Apple Watch lights up and tells me the GLE is unlocked. I use Find my Phone and discover the car is parked at Costco, 30 miles away. My wife forgot to lock it so I take care of that. I also checked the fuel level and it’s down to 200 miles range, so I text her and remind her to get Costco gas. All with Mercedes Me, all while getting a haircut. What more do I want from this thing?

how about being 1500 miles away and the app says 3 of your windows are open (they weren’t) as it sits in the airport parking lot. Thanks for the stress MB.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by Louusmc
how about being 1500 miles away and the app says 3 of your windows are open (they weren’t) as it sits in the airport parking lot. Thanks for the stress MB.
Let us know when you get back, if the app was correct or not. It'll be good feedback.
I saw a "window open" warning when the car was at the shop, called the Dealer, who went out and verified (the Tech had just taken it out for a test drive and would be taking it back in to finish). In my case it was true.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:53 PM

2012 GL450
Originally Posted by mikapen
Let us know when you get back, if the app was correct or not. It'll be good feedback.
I saw a "window open" warning when the car was at the shop, called the Dealer, who went out and verified (the Tech had just taken it out for a test drive and would be taking it back in to finish). In my case it was true.
The app was wrong. Then yesterday at work it said one window was open, again it wasn’t. Really frustrating. This is supposed to be MB not Renault. Wtf lol
Old 03-30-2022, 07:47 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
2022 GLE 450/2020 Gen 2 Raptor/few others
Does the app have a place to add owner performed services like my Ford does? I can add any service (tire rotation/oil change/etc) and upload receipts of any purchased parts/fluids to do so.
Old 11-01-2022, 11:41 AM

glc 300
Thumbs up Oct 2022 App Problems

Its now a week and I still cant use my app after downloading Apples latest update. You would think they can keep up with Apple. Worse is the communication. Each time I call they blame it on Germany and have NO information. They are quick to take my money for the app services but the app developers are TERRIBLE and highly unresponsive. Another day and I cant use what I paid for and no reply from Mercedes! Despicable customer service!

Originally Posted by cupecoy
I feel that MB did a **** poor job in implementing their Connect services. The whole thing is of beta quality and I haven't seen things improve as a matter of fact they got worse as time went on!

No Software Updates in nearly 1.5 years of ownership. There are multiple bugs that need to be addressed (e.g.backwards seat convenience feature, buggy CarPlay, vehicle not lowering on exit etc.).
They removed a lot of their Connect functionality from the Mercedes Me website - Doors and Windows, ECO display and Geofencing services are now only available in the app, no longer visible on mercedes.me.
App services are buggy: I have come to find that the Remote Start essentially might as well not exist, as it is supremely unreliable. I think I was able to use it once so far. Worked a bit better in the old app version.
Online Maps Update is quirky and the process of updating via their crappy MacOS app feels like I bought a Chinese dashcam from AliExpress. Automatic Region Map Updates work only sometimes.
My vehicle also frequently reports that a window is open or that the sunroof is open (they aren't) and I would have to start the car, open and close the window in question so its' status resets and shows properly.
The old iOS app had some issues but at least it worked fairly well. The new app refuses to refresh vehicle status upon opening and hangs onto old status with "last update xx days ago" not allowing me to remote start or unlock.

So yeah, the entire software implementation sucks, IMO.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:39 PM

Received 185 Likes on 138 Posts
2022 GLE 450
I have version 3.22.0(1514), which according to App Store, was released 3 months ago, and I am running IOs 16.0. I have no issues with it. Remote start works every time, unless low on gas, which is annoying, but I understand. If a window or sunroof shows open or doors are unlocked, it is always accurate. There is also a button for "App Support" that calls, presumably a support center.

If you are on the same iPhone platform and same version of app then it should either work for everyone or not work for everyone. There is also the issue of memory on your iPhone. Try clearing out memory by closing apps running in the background. A lack of memory could be causing the app to not properly update, hence displaying outdated info.

Last edited by TonyF61; 11-01-2022 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,852 Likes on 2,575 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by JayWie
Its now a week and I still cant use my app after downloading Apples latest update. You would think they can keep up with Apple. Worse is the communication. Each time I call they blame it on Germany and have NO information. They are quick to take my money for the app services but the app developers are TERRIBLE and highly unresponsive. Another day and I cant use what I paid for and no reply from Mercedes! Despicable customer service!
By latest update, do you mean iOS? The latest version of the app is 3.22 (USA) and as said above came out three months ago. I'm now on iOS 16.1, which is the latest version, and I'm on an iPhone XS. The app and services work w/o issues. It showed a fall/Halloween background for the last couple of days, but today went back to the normal background, red AMG logos in my case. As said, all the functions work and have worked ever since they released the current app.

I'm aware of an issue in Canada where they just released a new version that apparently has issues and they pulled it from the app store for now. In the USA somebody else recently had issues with it and it was related to the dark mode. He changed his iPhone back to light mode and that resolved the issue. I have it on automatic, so during the day I use light mode and at night it switches to dark mode, and so far that hasn't caused any issues for me. At least with my 2019 C63S coupe the app and services work reliably.

I only had live traffic crap out a couple of years ago during the pandemic and it took them a couple of weeks but service was restored. It looks like it only affected my car as others didn't report any issues. I think it had to do with them switching over from TomTom to HERE Traffic as TomTom discontinued support. Since then I haven't had any issues whatsoever. I still think that the main issue with some of the models is MBUX, which is buggy. I have the latest COMAND version using Mercedes me connect and it's very mature. I also use Windows to download the map updates, so not sure what's wrong with the MacOS downloader. I usually update the maps manually before the OTA update hits, but if I don't, then the OTA update installs w/o issues.

Last edited by superswiss; 11-01-2022 at 02:11 PM.
TonyF61 (11-01-2022)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Mercedes Me Connect experience is hugely disappointing