GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Collision Detected

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 07:35 PM

Received 129 Likes on 69 Posts
2021 GLE 63
I made the mistake of activating the Valet function on the app on my 2021 GLE450 and I get everything from proximity violations (there are some humans I'd like that for) to your car was turned on and turned off etc.. Overkill, I'm starting to get over new caritis. Oh and by the way, I bought the Bumper bully and the stupid velcro straps don't stick to the GLE's carpeting!!
Old 11-02-2021, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 350 4matic
How to reactivate collision/tow away detection

Originally Posted by zengshengliu
Just want to update everyone. I asked MBUSA about the collision/motion detection and here is their response.

And I am sure that when I ordered my car (ordered March 2019, delivery on November), there is not such an option. So most likely it is not available in the US for the 2020 model.
Can someone, please, tell me how to reactivate the collision detection and tow away detection?
No collision was detected, but there is no toggle on the app.
the toggle is there for the interior sensor.
it was working fine, but now I don’t have the option

Old 11-16-2021, 07:44 PM

2021 E350
Originally Posted by Daso
So I'm sitting in my office and yesterday and I get an alert on my Mercedes app saying collision detected with a car diagram and no area selected that had any impact. As my car is parked in a garage, I kinda freak out and call and the manager and tell him what happenned and he tells me the car is in it's normal spot they keep it and absolutely nothing happened. My garage has good guys so I didn't feel the need to run there and later upon inspection there was not a thing I could find. I have noticed the proximity sensor can be kind of sensitive while driving at times, but has anyone had a bit of a shock like this one? I mean, what entails a collision to our GLE's or any Mercedes for that fact? A sensor reading or bump or actual hit hard enough to jolt the car? I did notice later that there was a fair amount of dust that accumulated on the car and likely the sensors. Finally, as the car had no collision but had the alert on my dash when I got in the car I dismissed it, but should I call Mercedes to make sure no collision was reported as I don't want someone to think it had been in an accident later down the line when I sell or trade on the Mercedes log or Carfax. Thanks
I had the alert go off 3x since i bought my e350 in feb 2021. Once was when it went on a lift in the garage, once when parked on madison ave, once in the parking garage. I checked where the computer says collision occurred and there wasnt even a scratch. Its possible while parking someone bumped into the license plate, but again saw no damage at all, not even a scratch. I think its great to have, but dont freak out when you get the alert, just check the car when you can. And if there is damage you can have the garage check the video based on the alert, and you also have the timestamp of the alert and where the car was when it happened. It would be great if MB put in a system where the cameras start recording when they sense the alert, so you can check the video yourself. All and all nothing to freak out about and great at least to have peace of mind.

Last edited by DKNYC; 11-16-2021 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-20-2022, 04:13 PM

G550, S500
Collision alert

I had the same thing happen today on my 5 day old S5 class.
I thought I was going to pass out when the app texted me.
Same deal, parking at my office, ran over to check on it and nada.

Old 02-20-2022, 04:21 PM

G550, S500
Collision detected

Happened to me today on my 5 day old S 500.
same situation, at the office, parked in garage.
Ran over to check on it and nada.
All was fine-thank goodness.
I think it’s the new hyper sensitive shock sensors.
Old 02-20-2022, 07:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E350 2020 GLE 450
I would be concerned if I was in a lease and the notifications were being tracked and referenced at the end of the lease during the final inspection.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:45 PM

GLE 350
Repeated alerts

So I'm sitting in my office and yesterday and I get an alert on my Mercedes app saying collision detected with a car diagram and no area selected that had any impact. As my car is parked in a garage, I kinda freak out and call and the manager and tell him what happenned and he tells me the car is in it's normal spot they keep it and absolutely nothing happened. My garage has good guys so I didn't feel the need to run there and later upon inspection there was not a thing I could find. I have noticed the proximity sensor can be kind of sensitive while driving at times, but has anyone had a bit of a shock like this one? I mean, what entails a collision to our GLE's or any Mercedes for that fact? A sensor reading or bump or actual hit hard enough to jolt the car? I did notice later that there was a fair amount of dust that accumulated on the car and likely the sensors. Finally, as the car had no collision but had the alert on my dash when I got in the car I dismissed it, but should I call Mercedes to make sure no collision was reported as I don't want someone to think it had been in an accident later down the line when I sell or trade on the Mercedes log or Carfax. Thanks
I have had a MB GLE 350 for 10 months. We have had at least four "alerts" that we have had a collision. We are told it's the front bumper or rear bumper - but we have not had any collisions or accidents at all.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:04 AM

Received 201 Likes on 143 Posts
2021 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Bilbo239
I have had a MB GLE 350 for 10 months. We have had at least four "alerts" that we have had a collision. We are told it's the front bumper or rear bumper - but we have not had any collisions or accidents at all.
I would assume a bad sensor(s). Either that, or perhaps a calibration issue.
Dealer should be able to troubleshoot this.

Cheers,
The following users liked this post:
Ron.s (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 215 Likes on 149 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by Neurobit

Cheers,
This happened to me 2x already. I was told by the dealer the sensors are very sensitive in these cars. I also had a very sensitive interior sensor that it keeps triggering no matter what and the dealer replicated the problem so they have to change the entire sensor module and it solved the problem.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:31 AM

Received 201 Likes on 143 Posts
2021 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
This happened to me 2x already. I was told by the dealer the sensors are very sensitive in these cars. I also had a very sensitive interior sensor that it keeps triggering no matter what and the dealer replicated the problem so they have to change the entire sensor module and it solved the problem.
Glad to hear. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-07-2022, 05:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,030 Likes on 698 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Neurobit
Cheers,
I agree! I’ve only had two alerts on my prior GLE 450 (none on my GLE 53) and they were when I loaded my Polaris RZR on the trailer with an above average jolt. That’s 2 out of maybe 50 times loading on both vehicles combined. Then a couple of times changing out Winter tires the theft alarm came on. Dealer speak…the sensors are “very sensitive” is probably another term like “we can’t replicate the issue”. In most cases they are required to duplicate an issue before they get paid under warranty.
My advice would be to create a log with dates and details to support that it’s an ongoing issue rather than a random event. It’s always possible that someone jumped on the bumper or shook the car intentionally.
Neurobit (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 06:58 AM

Received 185 Likes on 138 Posts
2022 GLE 450
I have three nasty dings on one door from a supermarket parking lot - one trip. I try to park away from everyone but can't control who parks next to me. Anyway, I never received a notice, and it is active. Not sure what I am supposed to do if I do receive a notice. Most likely, the offender will be gone, unless their vehicle is disable from the accident.
Old 11-24-2022, 08:57 AM

GLE 350
We have had multiple reports like this. Often the report is stating we had a collision when the car has been idle in our driveway. It's troublesome as we have to check for damage and even more concerning that the MB we bought is not reliable in providing data. Needless to say, I share your concerns.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:21 PM

Received 129 Likes on 69 Posts
2021 GLE 63
I've had three collision reports in my garage in NYC and my guys take great care of my car. I think the sensors get overly sensitive with age. You should see my collision alert when I'm driving, you'd think someone was driving into me.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
I've had three collision reports in my garage in NYC and my guys take great care of my car. I think the sensors get overly sensitive with age. You should see my collision alert when I'm driving, you'd think someone was driving into me.
Sensors? Age?
Was it something like this?
The following 2 users liked this post by mikapen:
MarkerVB (12-02-2022), TonyF61 (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 02:44 AM

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
2022 GLE
Originally Posted by places
What an overreaction. I would just have the dealer take a look at it. I'm sure it's fine, don't over think it.
Respectfully, how did he overreact? When receiving notification that your vehicle has been involved in a collision, I suggest that most people would do the same, and make inquiries.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:56 AM

21 GLE 350
Collision Sensor

Mine has been doing this for over 6 months now. The first time it did it, scared me to death. The dealership could not figure out what was happening. Now mine is going off almost every day!!!! I'm due to bring it in for them to keep it awhile to try to figure it out. The local dealership said that they hadn't heard of this. Mine will go off upon starting my car in the garage. It always has the wrong date, usually days prior. Now it just comes on in the middle of a drive. I hope that yours doesn't get this bad. It's starting to drive me crazy.
Old 03-18-2023, 12:24 AM

Received 103 Likes on 56 Posts
2021 GLE 450
I recently had my tires changed.
The tire dealer jacked up the front tire enough to get it off the ground and the alarm went off because the car automatically locked the doors after 30 seconds.
The car's alarm goes off if the car is locked and the car is moved.
I checked my Mercedes website and sure enough it showed a "possible collision" and was recorded at the bottom of the page.

So, all I did was hit this and put in my PIN number and it was deleted.

Toban
Old 03-18-2023, 09:50 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLE 63 S Coupe
I love collision detectiona

I was in a ski lodge and collision detection on my GLC 43 alerted me someone had smacked into my car with a giant truck! Ran out there and got all details so I wasn’t stuck using my insurance.
Old 03-19-2023, 03:39 PM

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts
2021 GLE 450
Post Random Collision message

Since late January, I've been receiving an unexpected notification. Even after the car was parked in the garage for three days, I received the notification yesterday. No way this notification is related to New Year's Eve fireworks. We were over 5 miles away from the nearest fireworks.

Old 03-20-2023, 02:05 PM

2021 GLE 450
Post Similar message different day

Another Random message today at 10:59 AM. At the date time referenced the SUV was garaged. My SUV has never touched another vehicle or object under any circumstances.

Old 03-26-2023, 10:58 AM

Received 203 Likes on 107 Posts
Man I’m glad I found this thread. I just bought a C63S and it is coming from 500miles away via transporter. I got this notification (as the dealer added me to the car remotely) and was freaked out. It shows no particular spot. I’m going to hope it was a false positive as I see the car on Monday lol
Old 03-26-2023, 01:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,549 Likes on 2,167 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by ChargedMB
Man I’m glad I found this thread. I just bought a C63S and it is coming from 500miles away via transporter. I got this notification (as the dealer added me to the car remotely) and was freaked out. It shows no particular spot. I’m going to hope it was a false positive as I see the car on Monday lol
Might have to do with the sensitivity of the sensors, for reference, beeping randomly parking sensors are common across MB models, dirt and grime may be the direct cause to this. If the system uses these sensors to determine if there is a collision then that might be the reason. It is possible it has to do with the force or other sensors that senses position of the vehicle or how the vehicle was tilted (such as the tow away sensors), that might had caused it.
ChargedMB (03-28-2023)
Old 03-29-2023, 05:59 PM

2021 GLE 450
Yesterday, I brought my car to the dealer, and their initial response was to fault the mobile app after seeing the MBUX screenshots I presented. However, when I pointed out that the issue was with MBUX, they agreed to investigate the matter. Despite their "efforts", no underlying cause for the problem was discovered.