GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Mercedes Me App issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2021 | 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Eaton
I believe the OTA is in the background and you don't get notified about it. If you try to buy service in the car and it sends you to T-Mobile, I think that means you are changed over.
Yes, but it would still show up in the OTA vehicle updates in the Mercedes me connect app like the eCall recall update does. I have COMAND so, no purchasing of anything in the car. I'm not using the WiFi hotspot and if I try to add it, it sends me to AT&T, but I can no longer add a data plan. Not that I want to, but that's the same experience others have posted. The switch if it's really gonna take place is in limbo. I'm guessing T-Mobile having been hacked recently might have thrown a wrinkle into the whole thing. I'm not eager to become a T-Mobile customer to be honest.
Old 10-19-2021 | 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A
Originally Posted by superswiss
Yes, but it would still show up in the OTA vehicle updates in the Mercedes me connect app like the eCall recall update does. I have COMAND so, no purchasing of anything in the car. I'm not using the WiFi hotspot and if I try to add it, it sends me to AT&T, but I can no longer add a data plan. Not that I want to, but that's the same experience others have posted. The switch if it's really gonna take place is in limbo. I'm guess T-Mobile having been hacked recently might have thrown a wrinkle into the whole thing. I'm not eager to become a T-Mobile customer to be honest.
It sends me to T-Mobile now, and I was never notified about the OTA in-app or in-car. The last OTA my app mentions was for the eCall.
Old 10-19-2021 | 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Eaton
It sends me to T-Mobile now, and I was never notified about the OTA in-app or in-car. The last OTA my app mentions was for the eCall.
That just means the website and backend services may have been updated. I just tried and it's still sending me to AT&T for the hotspot. Others are being sent to T-Mobile, too, but when they try to sign up, they actually can't.
Old 10-19-2021 | 03:58 PM
Banned

2020 GLE 350
Originally Posted by marchgroupinc
I just realised Mercedes Me has not sent me notifications for a week or more. I did get vehicle unlocked notices every time I park in my garage. Anyone else notice? Is this an ATT to TMobile switch problem? I am in Canada so North America or Canada may be affected - or just me?
I got a notification as recently as an hour ago. My vehicle is unlocked in my garage.
Old 10-19-2021 | 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
My notifications have never stopped and I’ve been in multiple states over the past two weeks.
Old 10-19-2021 | 11:10 PM

2021 V167
2 or more vehicles

Originally Posted by ENCT
We have 2 cars on the same account and I cannot get separate PINs per vehicle. Both cars have the same PIN. I want to call them and ask for separate accounts.
Same here, I have a 2021 GLE and a 2020 Sprinter van. On the Mercedes Me web help pages it shows being able to add users or other authorized drivers to one account. After inquiring about this it is not able to be configured this way in the US. They said to load the M-me app on the other users phone and just add the primary owner/driver credentials. Kinda simple way to do it, but it works.
Old 10-20-2021 | 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 . 24 GLE 450e.
Originally Posted by Ron.s
No I get alerts for unlocked doors every time…almost annoying when parked in my garage.
same here.
Old 10-21-2021 | 09:18 AM

2020 GLS580, 2020 Corvette Z51
MB Canada Customer Service replied to my inquiry with a lot of questions re my phone, app version, is it in underground park or remote area, last date used, requests for screen shots etc. most of which did not seem relevant.

I located a fix in this forum based on advice from MB Customer Service - reinstall the Mercedes Me app which fixed the problem.

I don't know why I aske MB for help- I guess I hope for a knowledgeable rep at some point.
Old 10-21-2021 | 05:47 PM

2021 GLE 53 Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by marchgroupinc
MB Canada Customer Service replied to my inquiry with a lot of questions re my phone, app version, is it in underground park or remote area, last date used, requests for screen shots etc. most of which did not seem relevant.

I located a fix in this forum based on advice from MB Customer Service - reinstall the Mercedes Me app which fixed the problem.

I don't know why I aske MB for help- I guess I hope for a knowledgeable rep at some point.
I am curious how installing the MB ME app has anything to do with Mercedes sending the update for T-Mobile to my vehicle. MB Canada told me they can see that my vehicle has not been updated yet but that it should update soon. I checked my wireless signal when parked in the garage and it is a good signal so there is no reason they can't send me the update. This is really ticking me off and I have let me sales person know it.
Old 10-23-2021 | 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
How about this issue. The remote start will go through and start the car and then immediately turn it back off (less than a second). I called the dealership and they had no idea and need to schedule a visit. I just had to wait 2 months for a time for my E car to get a service visit, so I’ll ask here too.
Any ideas why it might be turning right back off?
Old 10-23-2021 | 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 . 24 GLE 450e.
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
How about this issue. The remote start will go through and start the car and then immediately turn it back off (less than a second). I called the dealership and they had no idea and need to schedule a visit. I just had to wait 2 months for a time for my E car to get a service visit, so I’ll ask here too.
Any ideas why it might be turning right back off?
probably some sort of sensor. You had to wait 2 months for an appointment?