GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Mercedes Me App issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2021 | 11:17 AM

2021 GLE450
Mercedes Me App issue

Mercedes Me app hasn’t been working properly last couple of weeks. It used to promptly alert me when the door was open for example but lately there is no alert.
it still reports the vehicle location and tire pressure fine though.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
Old 06-27-2021 | 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
No I get alerts for unlocked doors every time…almost annoying when parked in my garage.
Old 06-27-2021 | 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Originally Posted by Ron.s
No I get alerts for unlocked doors every time…almost annoying when parked in my garage.

+1
Old 06-27-2021 | 01:03 PM
Veteran: Marine Corp

2021 GLC 300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Ron.s
I was thinking it would be nice if they'd design it to recognize your home location and to not alert you to unlocked doors. But, what if you park outside? Not to say my neighborhood is shady, but I trust no one!
Old 06-27-2021 | 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MBguy013
I was thinking it would be nice if they'd design it to recognize your home location and to not alert you to unlocked doors. But, what if you park outside? Not to say my neighborhood is shady, but I trust no one!
I agree. The notice is useful…it’s caught a number of mistakes locking. Yesterday I locked before my wife opened her door in a place I didn’t want an unlocked car. She didn’t mention it until I commented that the car was unlocked.
Some day in the distant future they might give you an option at home to get the notice or not.
Old 06-27-2021 | 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
The notifications can occasionally be hit or miss, although they've been pretty reliable for a while now for me. If you have an iPhone, there's also an ongoing issue with notifications in general that's affecting some phones. Apple can't seem to figure out the bug, but on some phones the notifications just stop or get delayed, regardless of app. The Mercedes me services, though are undergoing lots of changes. They are moving things around and redeveloping existing services. The notifications used to actually be very unreliable in the previous Mercedes me connect app. They work much better now in the new app. FWIW, I inquired the other day about the state of the services, particularly as they've been removing pretty much all services other than map updates from the web portal and supposedly they are going to be exclusively in the phone app, but at least for the US market many of them are still missing from the app. The following is the response I got. So, I think you can see that things are in flux at the moment. I didn't have live traffic in my car for about two months earlier this year, but eventually they fixed it and now it's working even better than it did before. It is worth contacting them if you are having issues. Sometimes it takes a while, but they've always come through eventually for me. I've had most luck by just contacting them via mbusa.com and select Mercedes me connect on the contact form. In the past, the chat worked well, but it hasn't worked for me recently. It puts me in a queue and when it's my turn it says there are no representatives currently available.

I'm sorry to hear about the rift that you are experiencing regarding the Mercedes Me Connect Services. The US Version of the Mercedes Me Connect Store has just launched a few days ago, and so much of the Software is undergoing updates and changes. The services are currently (quite honestly) in a state of upheaval. You should notice within a short period of time, that the services are all in balance and present. There are quite a few changes happening in the US Mercedes Me Connect Market, which are not necessarily dictated by any US Time Zone.

I greatly appreciate your patience as well as your understanding in this matter; you seem to understand the bigger picture at play.

Last edited by superswiss; 06-27-2021 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-27-2021 | 01:59 PM

2021 GLC 300 4Matic
Any idea where the Mercedes Me Connect store is? I don't see anything like that in the app.
Old 06-27-2021 | 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Any idea where the Mercedes Me Connect store is? I don't see anything like that in the app.
Nope, but part of it is going to be in MBUX where you will be able to buy things like Navigation and other features after the fact. Somebody said there was going to be a separate app for the phone through which you can renew the Mercedes me service once the initial complimentary 3-years expire etc.. I'm assuming there will be some kind of communication to customers at some point. I'm guessing it isn't actually fully live yet.

Last edited by superswiss; 06-27-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2021 | 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Just found this. Should eventually show up in the US Mercedes me connect app.

The following users liked this post:
cupecoy (06-30-2021)
Old 06-28-2021 | 08:26 AM

GLE 450
I had app issues too- fixed it

Originally Posted by nextmilenium;[url=tel:8364673
8364673[/url]]Mercedes Me app hasn’t been working properly last couple of weeks. It used to promptly alert me when the door was open for example but lately there is no alert.
it still reports the vehicle location and tire pressure fine though.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
My app suddenly wouldn’t lock/unlock door so i deleted the app and re-downloaded from the app store. Works perfectly now.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike Guzzardo:
mikapen (06-28-2021), nextmilenium (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021 | 08:58 AM

2021 GLE450W4 SUV
It's on the Connect web page.
Old 06-28-2021 | 09:02 AM

2021 GLE450W4 SUV
Originally Posted by superswiss
The notifications can occasionally be hit or miss, although they've been pretty reliable for a while now for me. If you have an iPhone, there's also an ongoing issue with notifications in general that's affecting some phones. Apple can't seem to figure out the bug, but on some phones the notifications just stop or get delayed, regardless of app. The Mercedes me services, though are undergoing lots of changes. They are moving things around and redeveloping existing services. The notifications used to actually be very unreliable in the previous Mercedes me connect app. They work much better now in the new app. FWIW, I inquired the other day about the state of the services, particularly as they've been removing pretty much all services other than map updates from the web portal and supposedly they are going to be exclusively in the phone app, but at least for the US market many of them are still missing from the app. The following is the response I got. So, I think you can see that things are in flux at the moment. I didn't have live traffic in my car for about two months earlier this year, but eventually theConnect cuy fixed it and now it's working even better than it did before. It is worth contacting them if you are having issues. Sometimes it takes a while, but they've always come through eventually for me. I've had most luck by just contacting them via mbusa.com and select Mercedes me connect on the contact form. In the past, the chat worked well, but it hasn't worked for me recently. It puts me in a queue and when it's my turn it says there are no representatives currently available.
I contacted the Connect contact center and they are working on my remote start/lock/unlock issues. So far they've reset the communications unit once remotely and the remote stuff worked for about a week. They are contemplating their next steps, but it's a bit painful as I email with the customer center then they communicate with the tech support engineers then the customer center tells me what the engineers do.
The following users liked this post:
nextmilenium (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021 | 04:02 PM

2021 GLE450
Originally Posted by Mike Guzzardo
My app suddenly wouldn’t lock/unlock door so i deleted the app and re-downloaded from the app store. Works perfectly now.
Do you have iphone or android? I have iphone and I tried logging out and back in and also deleted the app and reinstall. Still not getting notifications when car is locked/unlocked. All the other features seems to be working fine (such as remote lock/unlock, vehicle location, sending navi addresses from the app to the car, etc).
Old 06-28-2021 | 07:53 PM
Banned

2020 GLE 350
In the app, select the three bars in the top left corner and then select Settings. Make sure that Notifications is tuned On. For whatever reason, when I stop getting notifications, I find this turned off. I don't turn it off, so I have no idea what causes it to happen.
Old 06-28-2021 | 08:13 PM

2021 GLE580, 2022 BMW X5, 2022 911GTS Incoming
We have 2 cars on the same account and I cannot get separate PINs per vehicle. Both cars have the same PIN. I want to call them and ask for separate accounts.
Old 06-29-2021 | 08:00 AM

GLE 450
Originally Posted by nextmilenium;[url=tel:8365403
8365403[/url]]Do you have iphone or android? I have iphone and I tried logging out and back in and also deleted the app and reinstall. Still not getting notifications when car is locked/unlocked. All the other features seems to be working fine (such as remote lock/unlock, vehicle location, sending navi addresses from the app to the car, etc).
I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Old 06-29-2021 | 09:48 AM

94 Supra Turbo, 15 Jeep Wrangler Altitude, 2020 GLE 450
hmm my app works pretty well on apple iOS .. I have had no issues with using the app.
Old 06-29-2021 | 11:57 AM

2021 GLE450
Originally Posted by Mike Guzzardo
I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
I have the same phone.

Old 06-29-2021 | 02:01 PM

2021 GLE 53 Iridium Silver
Mine is not having any issues either. It would be nice if the system could detect when Im in the garage but I would not disable this feature. I did the stupidest thing the other day. I stopped at the grocery store and while shopping, got the notice I forgot to lock the car. I used the app to lock it and thought all was good until I went out to the car. I couldn't find my keys and then realized they were still in the car. So it turns out I went into the store and not only left it unlocked but left the keys in the car. For that reason, I always want that app running in the background!!
Old 06-29-2021 | 03:07 PM

2021 GLE450
Originally Posted by Swordfish99
Mine is not having any issues either. It would be nice if the system could detect when Im in the garage but I would not disable this feature. I did the stupidest thing the other day. I stopped at the grocery store and while shopping, got the notice I forgot to lock the car. I used the app to lock it and thought all was good until I went out to the car. I couldn't find my keys and then realized they were still in the car. So it turns out I went into the store and not only left it unlocked but left the keys in the car. For that reason, I always want that app running in the background!!
You shouldn't have to have the app running in the background to receive notifications?!
Old 10-19-2021 | 11:32 AM

2020 GLS580, 2020 Corvette Z51
Notifications Stopped again

I just realised Mercedes Me has not sent me notifications for a week or more. I did get vehicle unlocked notices every time I park in my garage. Anyone else notice? Is this an ATT to TMobile switch problem? I am in Canada so North America or Canada may be affected - or just me?
Old 10-19-2021 | 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by marchgroupinc
I just realised Mercedes Me has not sent me notifications for a week or more. I did get vehicle unlocked notices every time I park in my garage. Anyone else notice? Is this an ATT to TMobile switch problem? I am in Canada so North America or Canada may be affected - or just me?
Same here, USA.
Old 10-19-2021 | 01:49 PM

2021 GLC 300 4Matic
As far as I know, I've been receiving messages from the app.
Old 10-19-2021 | 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by marchgroupinc
I'm getting the notifications just fine. I honestly don't know what the switch to T-Mobile is all about. Nobody really seems to know anything. I'm guessing my car is still on AT&T. There hasn't been an OTA update. It would suck, because T-Mobile's coverage is crap compared to AT&T. My car won't have a T-Mobile signal in my garage, but it has an AT&T signal. Not sure how much it would matter, although I do occasionally lock the car in my garage from my phone to fold in the mirrors if I have to get past it with something.

Last edited by superswiss; 10-19-2021 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-19-2021 | 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A
Originally Posted by superswiss
I'm getting the notifications just fine. I honestly don't know what the switch to T-Mobile is all about. Nobody really seems to know anything. I'm guessing my car is still on AT&T. There hasn't been an OTA update. It would suck, because T-Mobile's coverage is crap compared to AT&T. My car won't have a T-Mobile signal in my garage, but it has an AT&T signal. Not sure how much it would matter, although I do occasionally lock the car in my garage from my phone to fold in the mirrors if I have to get past it with something.
I believe the OTA is in the background and you don't get notified about it. If you try to buy service in the car and it sends you to T-Mobile, I think that means you are changed over.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Me App issue